My wife and I are Westgate owners and know the level of quality and service with Westgate properties. We spent 7 days in room 2408 A/B. We checked in July 12 and out July 19, 2014.
LACK OF OUTDOOR ADULT POOL
The property lived up to the quality and service with one major disappointing flaw. The lack of an outdoor adult pool. I normally would not care, but after long days of hiking and mountain biking all we wanted to do was relax poolside and enjoy a little R and R. This was not possible with the pool set up at Westgate Park City. All hours of the day and evening had tons of kids of all ages yelling and screaming. Over half of the rooms over look the pool. So even relaxing on the patio or deck you get the yelling and screaming of kids. Westgate really dropped the ball. They had a second outdoor pool/hot tub area that would have been perfect for adults only. This was not the case as there were kids at this pool every time we checked. The adults only relaxation pool and hot tub area was inside on a lower level of the building with no windows and a very strong chlorine smell. We have never stayed at a resort with so many kids that you could not use the pool. It felt like a mountain version of Disney with so many kids. Maybe great if you have kids, but horrible if you want some peace and quiet.
Half of the rooms over look the pool. I requested a room not overlooking to pool. We had a room adjacent to the pool. Even from our patio, we could not escape the loud pool noise.
ADDED FEE FOR EXCHANGE
On top of it, as Westgate owners, we had to pay a $500 exchange fee to trade our Orlando Westgate week for Park City. I understand this in winter ski season, but not in summer. Our Orlando Westgate property is every bit as good as Park City. Actually better because ours is larger than Park City's 2 bedroom units (a little on the small side, but adequate). And ours has numerous pool options to allow quiet time away from all the kids.
I would not stay at Westgate Park City again. You are better off trading your unit through II or RCI and staying at a quieter resort. Every day we saw how quiet and peaceful the pool at neighboring Grand Summit Lodge was. We were envious.
All the staff at Westgate were great. Very helpful. Cleaning staff cleaned room daily and even loaded dishes into dishwasher. Was not expecting that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio Villas to Luxury and Signature Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah