“Great Staff”

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Park City, Utah
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

While you can certainly find a property right on the slopes, the Lodges at DV seem to be a great compromise, and nightly rates are certainly less than ski in, ski out. The free shuttle service hardly makes it any problem to get to the slopes easily, and also provides easy access to ski either DV or Park City, unlike a ski in, ski out location. The front desk, drivers and bell staff have been there for years and are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms are really nice, especially in the newest building, building 5. The free continental breakfast in the morning and cookies and cocoa after skiing are a nice addition. Having your own wine and liquor shop on premises is a huge advantage in backward Utah. In my opinion, you can't go wrong at the Lodges.

Room Tip: Building five sleeping accommodations are by far the best, although the living area is slightly smal...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cycleworld

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am always impressed with these accomidations. Wonderful beds Starbucks in room coffee and the proximity to the slopes is great. No snow in park City but beautiful fall colors made up for it. In room jetted tubs and great cleanliness!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Had a wonderful if short stay here. Rooms beautifully decorated as were the bathrooms. Kitchen fabulous and well equipped with a great gas stove. Stayed here during a forest fire on the other side of the mountain that nocked out power to lower deer valley. They were nice enough to refund our money. I can't wait to come again during the winter. Free Internet and heated parking.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SeattleDoc2010
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed here with my family, and other relatives recently. We had a three-bedroom condo that was fantastic. Lots of space for everything. Easy to put the young children to bed with no issues with noise. Lovely view of the mountains. The shuttle service and bus make it so easy, don't bother with the car if you want to go downtown. The complimentary hot chocolate was great, even in summer. I didn't care much for their small pool. The cost of a portable crib was a little high in my opinion.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room doesn't sit over the garage.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Troy, Alabama
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I've been here twice in summer time, and the staff are super. Meals at the hotel are satisfactory, and the shuttle services provided by the hotel will take you almost anywhere in a hurry. Great trails for hiking, biking, and running.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This month I booked a three bedroom condo for myself and the young families of two of my grown children at the Lodges at Deer Valley. We loved it! Originally, I had had my trepidations about this unknown territory (ski resorts!) and the conditions I would find, but the Lodges at Deer Valley is a beautiful complex, and the condo we stayed in was a beautiful, modern, updated (yet rustic), wonderfully furnished living space that any of us would have been proud to call our brand new home! The vaulted ceiling in the living room had big windows, floor-to-ceiling, looking out to a courtyard and the mountain behind. The kitchen was big, with full amenities (new dishwasher, frig, microwave, coffeemaker) and new dishes, cooking and serving pieces. We hosted a birthday party for around 30 people who milled around comfortably in the large living-dining room, also using the very good-sized balcony-porch with seating for four and standing room for others.

The reason for our stay was the wedding of a family member, who was married in the Empire Canyon Lodge area of the Deer Valley Resort, another 1000 feet and 3 miles from our accommodations, but it was an easy shuttle to the wedding in beautiful surroundings. The Lodges also have Escalades or Shuttles that will take you into Park City (half a mile down the road) free of charge to shop or dine, and pick you up when you are ready.

I originally spent a good deal of time asking the reservations office questions about every possible combination of accommodations, especially considering I have five grown children who would attend with their own children. The choices seemed quite complex to me, and I also had to have agreement from my kids, so I put off my decision and worried over it. This resort also requires upfront payments which I could not afford...but I was very pleased to find and book this condo on Hotwire, which allowed me to buy with Bill Me Later, and then receive monies from my kids, which put my worries to rest.

All in all....a terrific time was had by ALL! My four-year-old grandson said he wanted to live there forever and cried for an hour when we left...go! you'll love it.

Room Tip: Some condos have larger living room areas than others and hence have better stretch-out and entertai...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2012

If your journeys are taking you to Park City Utah, you couldn't ask for a better vacation spot than The Lodges at Deer Valley! It is centrally located in Deer Valley, close to concerts and lifts, and downtown (with a lift from one of the resorts Cadillac Escalade Shuttles, that are available at your beck and call...) is very close by as well.
I had a one bedroom condo, with fully appointed kitchen and Jacuzzi tub in the bath. Plenty of space with a nice private porch looking over the mountainside at my back door.
I did have a car that was conveniently parked in an underground secure garage, by going to the bottom floor of the elevator and taking about 10 steps. (The staff run shuttle was much more efficient for downtown than my own car.) We would ask for restaurant recommendations and they took us to the front door, and picked us up from anywhere in town within mere moments!
I asked the front desk if they knew where I could find a 12 pack of diet Dr. Pepper, they said they would work on that one, when I went back to my room at the end of the night I had a 2 liter on my bed. Wow! What a great staff!
They also have a nice weight room right next to the pool. We did try to sneak a skinny dip in the hot tub, but another couple came out and caught us. The other couple was not in agreement to join us in the nude, but did join us in the hot tub... Fun night!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple