My fiance had a conference in Deer Valley, so I tagged along for a vacation. We stayed at the Chateaux from Dec. 1-7, and needless to say, it is VERY nice. We got a studio which included a wonderful-sized kitchen with a small sub-zero fridge and viking range, 6 person breakfast/dining table, and spacious living room/bedroom with a gas fireplace. The bed is is flip-down full size bed, so if you need a bigger bed you might want the normal hotel room instead. Also, the suite comes with a shower stall with seat, but no tub, which we found really disappointing, and there was NO bathroom counter space at all, not even hooks on the door! I also found their brandless amenities nice, but not what I would expect from such an expensive hotel. I liked the balcony-- we had a direct view of the ski lifts/mountain.
I also have a bit of a beef with their linen policy. In the restroom they advise you that the hotel is eco-conscious and refer to a 'towel and linen policy' that you can choose if you wish. I found no such policy in writing anywhere, and although our towels were replaced daily, our bed linens were never changed!! I was upset because a) I couldn't find the policy to begin with, but b) did not choose to NOT have my linen changed. It blew my mind that the default policy for a hotel which is charging $500+/night is to leave a guest with dirty bedsheets. That is completely unacceptable. The default policy should be to change your sheets daily, with you having to opt-in to sleep on dirty ones.
The location of the hotel was fantastic - right across the street from the ski lodge/lifts, and the concierge was very helpful. We dined at Bistro Toujours and the food and service were good, but nothing I'd write home about. Since we were there early season, everyone was still being trained and there were some expected bumps along the way.
Skiing of course, is wonderful. Would I stay here again if I had to pay for it myself? Probably not. We had friends staying at Stein Eriksen who loved it there, so that would be worth checking out. Would I stay here again on the company tab? Absolutely (and I would upgrade to the Deluxe Studio too)!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateaux Deer Valley's elegant Deer Valley hotel and condos are located in the heart of Deer Valley Resort's mid-mountain Silver Lake Village. The Chateaux offers quality amenities, as well as a variety of finely appointed and spacious room types including hotel rooms, studios, and multi-bedroom suites. Simply walk out the door of The Chateaux and you are just a few steps away from the beautiful slopes of Deer Valley Resort, with three mid-mountain chair lifts and all the resort services at Silver Lake Lodge. Or take a short complimentary shuttle ride to Park City's Historic Main Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Chateaux Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chateaux At Silver Lake Hotel Park City
- The Chateaux Deer Valley Park City, Utah