“Great location, great mountain access”

Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Park City
St.Paul, United States
“Great location, great mountain access”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Superb Hilton quality. Beautiful furnished rooms ideally suited for families who want to ski and have easy access to the slopes and village. Helpful staff. Heated pool and hot tubs waiting at the end of each ski day to relax. Short distance to Park City...drive or take the Hilton shuttle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Thank Gerald S. F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am an owner at this property and recently stayed for a 2nd visit. Please note that this is a timeshare condo - not a hotel - so do not expect hotel services - there is no restaurant/room service. The property itself is perfectly located slope side - a small feeder lift is at the doorstep where the ski valet holds your equipment and you can walk to the gondola - 5 minutes away. The property is a notch above average - very clean, great bedding and the pool and 2 hot tubs are nice. My one and only complaint is the noise level inside the rooms. During our first stay we could hear muffled noises from the adjacent room. During this stay I thought I was living under a train station - these are condos - so above me there was clearly a kitchen / dining area - hard surface floor. The "clomp" "clomp" of feet and "eek" "eek" of chairs and the occasional table being moved were unbearable. The people above me only went to sleep at 11:30pm. After my first night I asked to be moved and fortunately another comparable room on a top floor was available. In the new room I had no "upstairs" noise, but I could clearly hear the TV and people speaking in the adjacent room and I heard muffled sounds (TV and voices) from the other adjacent room. Plus when a hallway door was allowed to simply slam shut - the walls shook. So while I would like to give this property a good grade - staff was responsive in changing my room, we like the amenities, it's very clean, BUT the noise level is simply 1. unbearable (if you happen to have a hard surface area above your room and people walk around/eat & prepare their meals) or 2. mildly annoying (TV/voices/slamming doors) - to have a restful visit. The rooms also need hooks for bulky winter clothing (only 1 of the 3 rooms we stayed in had a coat hook when you walked into the room).

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in a room/unit that is NOT underneath a unit where the kitchen/dining area is above...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DanB24
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thanks for your review. I apologize that the stay was not quiet and restful for you. We welcome your feedback and will use it as a basis to strategize how we might improve our guest experience in the future. Should you wish to discuss in more detail, please contact me directly at the lodge. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

J. Rafe Sykes
Rocky Mountain Region
Rockford Il, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Proximity to lift and ski valet service a plus .... walk in walk out. Rooms were clean, but had to have dining table leg repaired. Room was too warm, but we opened the doors and sat on the porch to enjoy the bright sunshine. Kitchen was well provisioned. The suite allowed us to dine in and enjoy family time for all our meals ... saving compared to dining out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Thank Robert W. G
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was here for a work trip in March, and sadly I did not get to enjoy the ski resort amenities. However, I was quite pleased with this hotel. The fireplace in the lobby made for a great place to catch up on email. And the complimentary coffees and teas in the lobby were a nice touch. There are two hot tubs and a heated pool - there's nothing like sitting outside looking at the mountains while in a hot tub.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only "complaint" - there is no hotel in the restaurant. After a long day of meetings, I enjoy ordering room service. HOWEVER, this negative is overcome by the fact that there are plenty of restaurants and bars within a 2 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 4. They only had a King One bedroom Suite, it turned out beautifully. The suite had two large bathrooms, over 800 sq feet, a fireplace, washer and dryer, balcony and a large fold out sofa for our 11 yr old and 9 yr old. We usually only stay in 2 bedroom+ Suites, but were pleasantly pleased with this arrangement. Definitely RENT a car! A bit far from restaurants and grocery stores. We rented from Fox Rent a car- a local Salt Lake City business but 30% less expensive for an SUV.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank K F
New York City, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Pros: The property is nicely located in Canyons Valet is only $15/night While more expensive, has in-house ski/board rentals Nice bathrooms and kitchen appliances in units Housekeeping did a nice job Cons: Front desk not knowledgeable about rentals No snacks, bad coffee, terrible 'lounge area' w/tv Hallways to units too dark No pre-arrival email or phone call to boost excitement for vacation Bad furniture in units - college-like couch, tvs on top of fireplaces. Poorly decorated No Canyons town map at front desk. Poor compensation should something go awry. Suggestion: Don't do the 2 night promotion. I purchased on the phone (last time I do this) for 10k Hilton points and $200 rebate to a Hilton hotel. This is such a bad offer. While walking in Park City, there were Hilton people offering the same deal with 2 free ski passes instead of the rebate. I'm sure any skier would agree that the passes are a much better offer, especially since it can be up to $100/lift ticket. I felt cheated. When I voiced my opinion, nothing was done to compensate us. What happened to keeping the customer happy? Especially if you're trying to sell me on a promotion that costs $60k for a unit on your property?? I realize this is a Hilton issue and not a property-specific issue, but it had to be mentioned. Don’t do the promotion.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Stephanie C
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for the very thoughtful review. I appreciate the feedback and I’m sorry that your stay with us was disappointing and that the package offered lacked the value you were looking for. Should you wish to discuss in more detail, please feel free to contact me at the resort any time.

J. Rafe Sykes
Rocky Mountain Region
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Sunrise Lodge over the New Years week. The facility is the mirror image of the Escala, Hyatt facility without the restaurant. I am a frequent customer to Hilton properties. I find the staff to be helpful and courteous . Excellent work valet and door staff!!! Condo clean and roomy. I own the end of December through New Years. The shuttle is very convenient. There is a ski valet. Although I continue to use the same company that I have for years. NOTE TO NON HGVC members. Valet is not free to non-members. To those that book through travel websites: This facility IS NOT A HOTEL. It is a home away from home for your stay. If you need food, you have to purchase it. There are grocer delivery services and or ample shopping opportunities in the area. The facility is in walking distance to upscale eateries, shops and ski lifts for the Canyons.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a great getaway. I think the majority of families will enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Close to slope. Large 3 and 4 bedrooms. Shuttle, multiple ski opportunities.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family