“highly recommend!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Park City B&B and Inns
Park City, Utah
“highly recommend!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My boyfriend bought us a night's stay through our local radio station for a fund drive. I knew the place existed, but had no idea what to expect. The place was beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, the towels were super soft, they have a nice hot tub on the deck (which I really needed after a windy ski day) a fireplace in our room and we were able to walk to dinner.
The best thing about the place was the owners. Chris and Russ were just wonderful. We were in a rush to leave in the morning, so we "just" had eggs and bacon (delicious) but the table next to us had an AMAZING spread of gourmet food that made me wish we had been able to stay all day. I will definitely be sending friends and family their way and can't wait to do another staycation!
The only thing I would tell prospective guests is not to rent a car. Parking is tight in Old Town and the location is so good, you just don't need one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 13 February 2014

When I was in Park City on a business trip in the Fall of 2013, I saw the Torchlight Inn under construction and was able to envision what Chris, the Innkeeper, had planned and booked a trip for the Holiday Season with my wife.

My wife and I stayed over the Holiday season and let me tell you that the vision came true. First, Chris and Russ are perfect partners to serve as the Innkeepers, they made us feel so at home and relaxed that after a full day of skiing we felt we were coming back to place we had been visiting for years.

Chris is a true culinary master. Breakfast will never disappoint. Seriously, it may be some of the finest food I have consumed and each morning I lived for the gourmet coffee. And being able to wake up and just go downstairs and fuel up for the day is a luxury you will come to wonder how you ever lived without.

When I met with Chris in the fall, I could see how a multi million dollar construction project was stressful,but let me tell you, all her work paid off. The property is amazing, the rooms are spacious and luxurious, there is a rooftop hot tub where you can soak in the views of downtown Park City and the surrounding mountains. Each room is named after an Olympic venue and each room has its own character and no matter which you you reserve you will not be disappointed. The finishes are the finest and the painting work is world class!

A great tip is dont rent a car, they can arrange a shuttle service from the airport and downtown Park City where al the restaurants and shops are is within walking distance. Chris and Russ even have a Jeep you can rent for the day and it eliminates all the hassles of shoddy airport rental counters.

All in all an amazing trip, we will be back, in fact Chris and Russell offered to store my ski equipment and luggage and I booked a stay in March. There will be nothing as wonderful as just getting on the plane with my carryon and checking into what I know will become a second home for me, the Torchlight Inn!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at the Torchlight Inn for 3 nights in February. If you want the service of a high end hotel, the personal touch of staying with friends, and the best breakfast in Park City, this is the place for you. Chris and Russ are absolutely the best hosts. They are the type of Innkeepers who should teach others how to run a B&B. They helped us with transportation ( thank you Cooper's Cabin), ski rentals ( thank you Ski Valet) and lift tickets. They have done a lovely job decorating the Torchlight Inn, and the great room is a cozy place to hang out if you don't want to stay in your room. Chris presents a menu of wonderful made-to-order breakfasts every morning. Her Eggs Benedict were some of the best I have ever had. There is a roof top jacuzzi that has lovely views. Fortunately, my husband and I had it all to ourselves. The Inn is located right across from the transportation center, so you can get everywhere. It is an easy walk to Main Street. My only issue was the noise of the buses and plows, as the Inn is located on a major street and traffic circle. I am a light sleeper though, so it might not bother others as much. Forget the big hotels and condos, particularly if you are visiting as a couple, and book a room at the Torchlight Inn.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 8 February 2014

After learning my long time favorite B&B in Park City was no longer operating, I decided to try the Torchlight Inn. It was a great choice. Conveniently located, roughly a 3 minute walk to Main street and a few blocks further to the Town Lift. I enjoyed the gas fireplace in my room and the wood burning fireplace in the large common sitting room. Ground floor has a heated storage room for skis and heaters to dry out boots/gloves (very nice). The innkeepers, Chris and Russ were generous with their time and engaging. Good conversation and great food. This is a newly constructed/renovated space, so in great shape, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We love hotels, and have stayed in many very good ones. They have nothing on this B&B. Great location, new construction, beautiful design and Innkeepers Chris and Russ make this a wonderful place to stay. Very happy we discovered it and plan to go back.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Torchlight Inn over NYE and had a great time. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious! The menu has fun choices and Chris will make you something off the menu, as well. In addition, the day we left we had an early flight (before normal breakfast hours) and Chris made us a to-go box with fruit and an egg sandwich - yum! The rooms are modern and super cute. We had one of the smaller rooms, and the fireplace warmed the whole thing - very cozy. And the location is great too. It's easy to get to Deer Valley or Park City resort by the shuttle that picks people up right across the street. Every night we just walked to Main Street to have dinner. We would definitely stay here again. We loved talking with Russ and Chris too.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was at the Torchlight Inn last Sunday to watch the Superbowl. The game was the only thing below expectations. The party was Park City at its best: a location in the center of town, a big party room to watch the game with many friends, a continuous stream of Chris' awesome dishes from a commercial kitchen you won't find in most B&B. Chris' passion for cooking showed through an incredible variety of dishes. I regretted being a local, else I would have stayed the night.
You can find good innkeepers everywhere, fun ones to party with is a longer shot and if you want to ski they'll fix you up with rental gear on site, instructors they have tested themselves, and transportation for all ski resorts. The Torchlight Inn is smack in the center of all three local resorts, two blocks from Main Street and the friendliest spot in town.
Thanks for the party Chris and Russ; see you at Vail's Canyons ski resort where Epic is an appropriate password, just as for the Torchlight Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends