“Best Dinner Ever!”
Review of Mariposa

Mariposa
Reserve with OpenTable
Mariposa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling Court
Description: The Mariposa's intimate setting including crackling fireplaces sets the mood for an extraordinary dinner at Deer Valley's premier dining establishment. Savor The Mariposa's tasting menu, dining the way chefs love to, exploring and tasting as many of the offerings as you desire. Each menu item is a tasting size portion, allowing you to enjoy multiple selections. Vegetarian specialities and gluten-free options are available. To complement your meal, pair wines from our list which consistently receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Wine pairings are suggested below and may be ordered as three ounce tastings or five ounce wines by the glass. For larger groups, the Cedar Room accommodates private parties of 13 or more and features the Mariposa menu. The Mariposa is only open during the winter season.
Reviewed 7 April 2013

On Friday, April 5, 2013, we dined at the Mariposa for the first time. The menu was spectacular and the service was unsurpassed! I love the small plate concept. I ordered 3 items and that was more than enough to eat. The beggars purse was tremendous and the quail was very tender. The wine was a wonderful compliment to all that we ate. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Park City in the winter time. I will ALSO return!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was our 5th time at Mariposa but our first time with the small plate menu. Excellent food and with 3 small plates - enough for most adults. It was our son's 21st birthday and they customized the dessert to fit the occasion. Excellent service, wonderful ambience.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Superb tapas style restaurant. Zagat 28. We try biz on, sibling fish, ravioli all was perfect!!! My best recommendation!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

What an amazing dining experience. Nestled in the heart of Deer Valley, this rustic restaurant hosts some of the best gourmet food in the area. The pan roasted Sea Scallops melt in your mouth and the Veal medallions do the same. Everything this restaurant serves is superior. You wish you could have more! Very romantic place for a dinner date.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Mariposa is a restaurant that is now standing on its past reputation. The restaurant's interior is old, it has not been updated, and is not what would be expected considering the expensive price tag for the food. Although I was not bothered by the small plate format (3 dishes more than enough; dont let them sell you on 4-5), the food itself was nothing remarkable. Indeed, some of the items ordered at my table were poor, i.e., a gnochi dish. Perhaps the biggest complaint would be directed at the service. Seemingly unprofessional, both the waiter and the wait staff. I am uncertain whether the staff knew how to properly bus a table, leaving multiple plates, knives, etc at the table. Listen, I eat out frequently, and I feel that I recognize good food and good service. I also recognize that my opinions are contrary to the numeroust good reviews. Regardless, I would strongly encourage anyone to opt out from this restaurant, especially when there are much better offerings in the nearby 5 star hotels and on Park City's Main Street. In opting out, you wont miss anything!!! I promise.