“Excellent But Overpriced Southwest menu”
Review of Chimayo

Chimayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chimayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Step through the door, and you’ll think you stepped across the border. Festive lighting, wrought iron detail, Southwestern throw pillows in each booth and an authentic Mexican tile floor create this fabulous illusion. Start with a signature Chimayo Margarita, a local’s favorite. Don’t miss the dipping sauce that’s served with the fresh baked bread. Favorites include the Crown Roast of Barbecue Spareribs with a chipotle and caramelized pineapple glaze served with buttermilk whipped potatoes and Dos Equis beer-battered onion rings. The Mexican Chocolate Fondue for four served with a tureen of melted espresso-cinnamon chocolate with dipping favorites of cinnamon sugar churros, peanut butter cookies, Mexican wedding cookies, banana, pineapple, and seasonal berries is sure to finish this delectable experience with a warm cozy feeling.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Superb southwest menu. The Mussels appetizer was served in a fabulous spicy sauce. . Beet and goat cheese salad was equally wonderful. BBQ ribs unusually plated in vertical presentation were moist, tender and delicious. However, the $50 price tag was unusually steep. Great ribs but not $50 great. Service and ambiance were very nice.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We all really enjoyed our evening here. We sat on the ground level, which made for great people watching and great views. We got about 5 or 6 of the app plates, and we tried the jalapeno margaritas...delicious. The only thing we ate that we did not care for was the queso fundido, which was a huge portion of melted cheese, usually an asadero cheese where I come from but a Swiss varietal here, not my favorite. Overall a great night. Will return!

1  Thank Leightx1
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Chimayo was recommended by a friend that told me my enthusiasm for ribs could not be truly complete until I had ordered the Crown Ribs at Chimayo. Well, he was right and I have to say that the presentation was something I had never seen before and the quality of the ribs were unmatched in terms of taste, tenderness and "fall of the bone" fantastic!

When I ordered my friend asked the waiter if it would be enough for 2 and he laughed and said YES but I wasn't going to give up a partial plate just o save a few bucks. The waiter also said that the only people that seem to finish the ribs are early 20-somethings. I told him I felt like a 20 something +45 and I'll give it a try.

The ribs were brought to my place as if a royal crown were being delivered to my table for inspection. The full rack of ribs were standing wrapped up in a circle as if they were, in fact a crown, and on the top were 2 delicious onion rings that had been stuffed with a wonderful mashed potato concoction with chive stems standing on top for decoration. The ribs were standing in a bowl that had a spicy Chipolte tasting Mexican corn and tomato kind of stew that was very tasty on it;s own.

My first question was how to eat it....it just looked like I was going to be destroying this work of art if Ididn't ask the question. Our waiter, who was extremely good at his job, suggested that I lift the onion ring topping off and put it on the seperate plate they had provided for that purpose......and then gently let the knife employ gravity to seperate the first bone and go from there. I mean that literally....a little gravity with almost no effort and the first bone and meat detached and I was off to the races. From then on it was just the use of a fork to seperate each section and enjoy! The rib meet had a wonderful sauce that was not overpowering and the juicy sections just melted in your mouth. OMG, it was wonderful!

In between bites of rib I enjoyed every bite of onion ring and mashed potato and there was just enough to enjoy a nice flavor without using up all the space in my tummy needed for the ribs! In the end, my dining partner could not finish his ribs until lunch the next day but I, alas, had only memories of this dinner at lunch the next day.....and wonderful memories they were!

Bill W, Owner at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your incredible review of Chimayo's ribs! We are so thrilled to have you as a loyal guest. We would love to provide you with a complimentary dining experience as a thank you. Please contact me directly through trip advisor messaging to arrange for this!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We loved the inventive and amazing food here. We got the eggplant burrito, duck enchiladas and trout fajitas. Yum, yum, yum. Highly reco

Bill W, Owner at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We are so glad to hear you are a loyal fan of Chimayo! We would love to provide you with a complimentary dining experience as a thank you. Please contact me directly through trip advisor messaging to arrange for this!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Visited this place based on a recommendation whilst on a business trip. Chimayo is a wonderfully quirky place, full of character and take my word for it, the food was outstanding. I tried the elk sugar cane skewer as a starter followed by an entree of buffalo steak; the quantity, quality and presentation were top notch and the taste was simply outstanding.

Bill W, Owner at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Chimayo! We are glad you loved the buffalo, and are thrilled to have you as a loyal guest. We would love to provide you with a complimentary dining experience as a thank you. Please contact me directly through trip advisor messaging to arrange for this!