“Very Disappointing!”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since it was founded in 2009, and for over six years now, the Reyes Adobe Restaurant has been serving authentic Mexican food made from scratch like Homemade Chiles Rellenos and the most favorite dishes from America's melting pot like, delicious soups made from scratch. Welcome to our home and enjoy old fashion home-style cooking with traditional techniques, moderately priced.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband I were in Park City for a little getaway, staying at the Marriott Wasatch Summit Resort. After a snowy and icy day, we decided to stay close to the resort for dinner, and the Reyes Adobe is located basically at the resort. That is all that it has going for it. There is no ambience (that really does not matter I guess) but it might have made up some for the terrible quality of their food. We were given the standard tortilla chips and salsa after ordering two margaritas. The salsa was a thin runny dark brown...just looked like dirty water to me, and truthfully tasted pretty much like what dirty water must taste like. No flavor, nada! We should have known right then and there that their dishes were not going to be much better. I ordered their $12.00 bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup, and my husband ordered a $12.00 Chile Verde Burrito ala carte. When my soup came, I admit it was a large bowl of soup...but it was all broth, no tortillas and no chicken in it, a couple of tomatoes floating in it, and truthfully I did count two pieces of what might have been chicken. No flavor, and none of the ingredients for which it was named. I asked the waiter if I wasn't supposed to have some tortillas on top as I thought the menu had said, and he went and checked and came back and said, nope...so I asked if I was supposed to use the tortilla chips we were given with the icky salsa and he said yes. Weird! Okay, I am not a cheapskate, we eat out often and where I am pointing out the prices of these items here, it is because of what they were....we were not super hungry, which was a good thing, since the food was so pitiful, but $12.00 is a bit pricey for a bowl of nasty tasting broth. When the waiter asked if things were okay, I told him that actually no, the soup should have some tortilla chips or crinkles, some shredded cheese and some sour cream or something as a garnish on top, and that there was nothing in the bowl but broth. You would think that you might possibly get a flour tortilla on the side as well??? I will not say the waiter was rude, he was just befuddled and possibly not an experienced waiter, as he really did not offer a solution to make anything better or right. My husband's burrito was filled with rice, and had only a hint of chile verde. They should realistically call it the "Rice Burrito." The bill with a tip came to $45.00. Normally that would be a great deal for two margaritas and dinner...but NOT HERE! You would be much better off spending your $45.00 at Taco Bell or Del Taco....either of those fast food chains would be more authentic and a better value than Reyes Adobe. (The margaritas tasted like mix only ...yes, we know this is Utah...we live here, and know the liquor laws...but you could not have given me enough margaritas to make this food taste good!) This is one place that I would really make the vow to NEVER go back to! Disappointing way to end our little getaway!

1  Thank JDenise
DreamerIV, Owner at Reyes Adobe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear JDenise:
Let me start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations on what Fast Food Mexican Food is, I feel your frustration about prices in Park City as well.
Mexican Food has many influences, and most of what you see in Utah is Southwestern or Tex-Mex; we are neither. Our recipes are from Guerrero, Mexico, and our dishes were thought to us by our older generations, hence why most of our dishes have a disclosure that reads: ''Our version of this popular dish". We do this because we understand that not all Mexican food is supposed to taste the same, it will taste different from one another depending on the region of Mexico that their recipes came from. Here in the US a Big Mac will taste the same in Florida as well as in California; but the same can not be with Mexican Food. Unfortunately that is what some restaurants chains are trying to do to Mexican food, but that's an entirely different topic.
Nevertheless looking at other reviews and comparing them to yours, it looks like everything went wrong during your visit. I personally apologize for not serving free tortillas with tortilla soup, you see Mexican people don't see the point of eating tortilla soup with more tortillas and that's the reason behind why we don't add them, we are just serving our version of it from where we are from. If I only knew you wanted free tortillas I would have send them to you immediately.
I am frustrated our server did not communicate with management and alerted us how upset you were and with management not noticing how furious you and your companion were. I appreciate your comment and will serve us for training purposes.
I guarantee you most of our crew including the kitchen take pride on what they do and will put their best foot forward to apologize for your bad experience.
Best regards.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Awesome salsa and fresh, warm, chips were an awesome start to a nice meal. Pricing is reasonable (everything in PC is expensive), and the food and cheap margaritas were great.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

6 of us went for dinner at Reyes Adobe and we all enjoyed it very much. We had fish tacos, fajitas, burritos, quesadilla and all of the sides and it was delicious. Everything is made to order and service was prompt and friendly. For the most part, restaurants in Park City are overpriced and disappoint. This one is a good choice, especially for a family

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Service was pretty bad. We were seated and not given silverware/napkins. Margaritas were absolutely terrible and made with margarita mix. The guacamole and salsa were pretty bad also. The only thing that was good was the queso but by that time we were ready to leave.

2  Thank Alberto D
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

First time back in three years and the food was great just like we remember. It was very slow off season but service and food were top shelf. It is one of our go to places in Park City.