“Great Food!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Went to Billy Blancos after work the other night on the recommendation of a co-worker. Loved the funky, industrial decor, music was great, and our server was attentive without hovering. The food was great! My boyfriend had the fish tacos, I had the chicken sandwich with tater tots. Loved that the manager came over and talked with us for a moment. Very fun, family friendly atmosphere, polite and professional staff. Will definitely be a repeat customer!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We tried this new Bill White restaurant and were not impressed. We were there for lunch. The bowl of chips was large but the accompanying salsa dip was thin and runny, and pretty tasteless. The cups of salsa dip were also very small, not even filled the entire way. I had the fish tacos with rice and beans. The tacos were good but skimpy on the fish. My wife’s Roadhouse burger was a very thin patty and looked like a frozen patty. She had requested blue cheese and received cheddar. The server made the remark the meal was slow coming out due to cooking the burger. Since it was thin and quite pink in the center, my guess is it was frozen when placed in the pan! The fries also appeared to be of the frozen type and got hard very quickly.
The décor is nice and obviously a lot of thought was put into it -might help to put just as much emphasis on the food and service. The location is not the best as it is an out of the way shopping center that has had several businesses go under. Tourists will not be its staple. With all the good Mexican and burger places in town, as locals, we don’t see ourselves returning unless we hear of major improvements.

1  Thank travelkidPC
Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Billy Blanco's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank your so much for taking the time to review our restaurant.
I am very sorry to hear your meal was unsatisfactory.
I would love the chance to discuss with you your dining experience and how we may improve.
You can email me personally at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com
Thank you and I hope you will choose to dine with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

For a new restaurant everything went surprisingly well. We loved the fun motor city decor, some great graffiti. Waiter was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed flavors of California Burrito, Portabello Taco and Shrimp salad. Food took a bit longer than normal, portions were large, and to go boxes were huge. We are glad to see a mid priced, high energy restaurant in this space and think it's a good fit for PC.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went to Billy Blancos after a round of golf nearby and wow was I impressed! What a cool restaurant! The bartender we had was great (blonde girl) and the food was delicious. The decoration of the cars and motorcycles is pretty awesome! Plus the Detroit Red Wings artwork on the wall had me instantly as I'm a huge fan! I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Although we had a lovely waiter, the drink waiter mixed up our wines (which were awful anyway), the food was horrible (looked like it had been sitting somewhere for a long while), and none of us could finish our meals. My husband was not very well the next day either.

To me, it seemed like everyone there was just "practising". Having said that, I realize that this is a new restaurant and they are going through some growing pains, and because I'd love to see this restaurant survive in this area, we will give it a couple of months before we return. I've never been a fan of Bill White restaurants, as I think they look great, but the food just isn't up to par.

Maybe Bill should head on down to SLC and employ one of the chefs from the Red Iguana?

I really wish them the best and hope they up their game! Good food is what keeps people coming back.

1  Thank eniloracusa