“Great place to stay in Park City”

Newpark Resort & Hotel
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is one of the nicest resorts I've stayed in and the price was just right. The rooms are well appointed, the bathrooms are very large. The amenities are very nice. I also loved where it is located, you can walk to the movie theater, tons of places to eat, Whole Foods Market, bowling and there is a free shuttle to Olympic Park and Park City has a free bus system which easily gets you to anywhere in the city. Great spot, don't miss it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I were there for a wedding in July. The weather was beautiful and allowed us to partake in the hot tub both each morning and each evening. The room was excellent and even was equipped with a wine opener to open all those bottles of wine we sipped as we enjoyed the views of the mountains and the Swaner Eco center.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom with private hot tub room for a very reasonable price, especially compared to what you would find for the same cost only 15 minutes away in Park City. Our room was located two floors about the Newpark plaza where there was music and a festive atmosphere each evening and smell from the pizza place was mouthwatering.

The room was great - everything is new, the bed is super comfortable, the appliances are really cool and the bathroom is amazing.

The location is great, too - you can walk to all sorts of new stores and restaurants, there's a running/biking trail on the property that extends for miles, the view overlooks a nature preserve.

The pool area is great - my kids loved it! Its a very big pool with a big hot tub, along with steam room and sauna - we never saw anyone else there, even though we probably spent two hours per day at the pool. Our only complaint is that ash from the fires in the area made the pool slightly dirty one day (not the hotel's fault, obviously).

Simple put - one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at and definitely one of the best values. When I return to Park City, this is definitely where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the nature preserve and Newpark Plaza.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great accomadations, super friendly and competent staff. 5 minutes from The Canyons, 10 minutes from Park City Mountain Resort and downtown Park City and `15 minutes from Deer Valley. Located 1 minute from shopping area- supermarkets, Massage Envy, bank,theatre, bakery, ski rental and restaurants and 5 minutes from discount stores. Going back for a our fourth winter vacation in March 2013.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The previous reviews about the bed being super comfy is right on. I usually don't sleep well my first night, in any hotel, and I slept through the night without any distractions. I had even forgotten to put in my ear plugs. I did stay in a luxury suite with a king bed. I had my own hot tub, a fireplace, a kitchen with a full fridge and an awesome bathroom. There are so many stores within walking distance and there is free transit into Park City and Deer Valley right outside the resort. Even though the resort is about 10-15 min outside of Park City and Deer Valley, it is well worth the stay. I couldn't say more about the customer service here either...they are amazing! So attentive and friendly. I really appreciated Veronica or Victoria (sorry, I cannot remember) and Richard; thank you for being such shining examples of what customer service should be like. The pool is amazing and there are some nice spots to sit out in the sun for relaxing. The exercise room is excellent; great machines. I just cannot say more good things about this resort. I was very happy here and don't have any complaints!!!!

Room Tip: If you stay here, I would suggest you spend a little extra to stay in a luxury suite...SO WORTH IT...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here in March. This hotel is great in every way. We had a room facing the mountains, which was nice. The hot tub on the balcony is a nice touch after a long day on the mountain. The staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations. The full kitchen was outstanding. The only complaint I had about the kitchen was there was no dry measuring cups. I asked for some and they said they didn't have in any the hotel. It seemed odd to have a full kitchen without them. But, other than that, everything was perfect!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the mountains!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Leki:

Sorry to disappoint you and to have an employee miscommunicate our standard kitchen accessories. We should have stocked Dry Measuring Cups – this is standard. How else can you bake cookies ;-) Thanks for the comments.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Whenever we plan a weekend getaway it's always at Newpark. The staff is friendly, the facility is CLEAN and it's quiet. Great restaurants within walking distance. Newpark is definitely our favorite place to stay in Park City.

Room Tip: If you want privacy from kids request a room with a private bedroom. They are all great rooms thoug...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family