“Excellent vacation stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent vacation stay”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We crashed here after 10 days of road-tripping and driving straight from Denver. What a wonderful site and suite for tired eyes. Oh my goodness--our young family of four had so much space to spread out and relax. We really liked the proximity to the grocery store, coffee shops and of course downtown Park City. This was a great launching pad to visit there and SLC.

Room Tip: We had a bedroom suite with a balcony that looked over the little square adjacent to the property. V...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Spotless, beautiful, comfy furnishings, nice views, very nice huge suite! Would stay here again for sure! Very close to outlets and restaurants in the hotel area are in walking range. We would recommend this to friends and family! Obviously we are very happy with our stay.

Stayed July 2014
Burlington, VT
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Newpark Hotel for 3 nights and had a fantastic experience! Our kids had their own room, which provided some nice privacy for my husband and me. The room was spacious with a hot tub on the deck, and the convenience of a mini-kitchen was great. We could bike ride on the paths right out the door, and the hotel is situated near lots of restaurants, a grocery store, and a Whole Foods with easy take-out items. My favorite part...a nice dark room with very comfortable beds!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KRW1970
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed there for a business meeting and the staff was so accommodating to our every needs and also extremely friendly. The rooms are immaculate and very large. I had a problem with the toilet in my room, but it was taken care of immediately. The entire staff was so friendly and really tried hard to make sure we had everything we needed. Our room had a full kitchen, washer-dryer and hot-tub on the balcony! The location was also great with walking distance to restaurants, bowling-alley and my personal favorite Whole Foods! I would highly recommend this hotel for any venue. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: I would ask for a corner room to get the full view of surroundings.
Green Features: Loved it that the hotel was very environmentally conscience. They would gladly give you new towels and linens everyday, but there is no need. They give you plenty of towels for your entire stay. The bed linens were immaculate
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Debra D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay at Newpark and for your kind words towards our staff, it is much appreciated! We are glad that our hotel fit your vacation needs and very much look forward to seeing you again in the future! Remember that you get 15% off for being a repeat guest any time you would like to return!

Kind Regards,

Caroline Cahall
Front Office Manager
Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought our bikes with us on a quick trip to park city. I had meetings on Thursday, but they let my wife check in early. She read, relaxed and rode bike while I was away for the day. She loved it. When I got back, we went to dinner at red rock cafe right next door. The food was excellent. WiFi in the rooms was open and high-speed... Never a glitch in our streaming movies.

Friendly staff, heated tile in the bathrooms, excellent air conditioning, amazing trails right out the door.... Excellent experience. We will be back. Thank you for a great mini vacation.

• Stayed July 2014
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful resort. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. We didn't know about the hot tub on the balcony and was thrilled. Sadly, it wasn't working. We called maintenance and while it couldn't be fixed that night, it was fixed the next day and they gave us a bottle of sparkling cider. We were offered wine but do not drink. The staff was so apologetic, no worries it was late anyway. We used it the next day.

Lots of eating choices nearby and free buses to get around.

There is a washer/dryer in the room. That's very nice and comes with the room.

I just wish more high end hotels would be more dog friendly. Some are beginning to. All in all we loved this hotel! Thanks for a great stay, we would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here on a work trip and generally had a good stay.
Arrived late on the evening and there was a sign saying that the staff had been called away but would be right back. After waiting for about 15 minutes I took a walk around to try and find someone, ended up finding 2 men sat chatting in the maintenance room. Neither had a uniform or name badge but one offered to help me check in.
The room was lovely, very spacious and had everything I needed. Myself and other work colleagues all commented on how lovely the bathrooms were and the bath was huge! For the rest of my stay the staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were great. Unfortunately on the last night I had an early night as was due to leave early for a flight home and at around 4am the fire alarm went off. Jumping out of bed and running into the corridor it stopped. There was no announcement to detail a false alarm or let us know that we should evacuate. There was also no mention of this on check-out. Generally I would definitely recommend the hotel and it was lovely and can only imagine that it's much more picturesque in the winter. It's location is good too.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room that isn't an adjoining room or next to a family as the walls are pape...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business