Chateau Apres Lodge
US$143
US$127
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$201
Hotels.com
The Chateaux Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$194
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$124
Silver King Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$311
  • Breakfast included
Park City Marriott(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$181
  • Pool
Waldorf Astoria Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$324
  • Pool
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$185
  • Pool
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$183
All reviewsminute walkcontinental breakfastno elevatorgreat locationrooms are basicmain streetplenty of hot watercable tvbus stopplace to staygas fireplaceski bootstop floorski vacationcereallobbyslopes
Reviewed 19 November 2006

My partner and I were going to stay at this property after much research but won't now. I called the property directly to book a room. After stating it would be for two guests I was asked "for a couple, or two guys?" Taken back by the question, I answered 2 guys. To which they said: "Good, we'll give you a room with 2 twin beds." This of course is unacceptable since we are a couple and are two guys. No big deal, it's 2006. So I called a few days later to change the bed arrangement to one queen bed. To my suprise the response was: "Oh, wasn't this reservation for two guys?"
Subtle or not so subtle, it was a form of discrimination. I would be curious if I had stated we were a couple in the begining if the follow up question would have been: married or single?

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank sfkevster
Reviewed 21 March 2006

Chateau Apres in Park City is literally within walking distance of the ski lifts, and easy walking distance to the downtown restaurants. It's nice, quite, but it won't pass the "Mom test." It needs a lot of TLC and upgrades. But for a father/son ski vaction it was fine. The owners are really nice, hopefully they'll invest the improvements that would take the hotel out of the 1960's.

8  Thank fhuza
Reviewed 1 March 2006

The cost to stay at Chateau Apres was the cheapest in the brochure and I would rate it as a 3 star hotel in comparison to Australian standards. We stayed in a twin room which was definetely adequate for 2 guys who were not at all particular about detail. However, the shower basin was blocked, but was quickly rectified when management was notified. We were there for presidents week (supposedly one of the busiest times of year) and found the chair-lifts at Park City a little busy but of a night around the fire at Chateau Apres there was never anyone to chat to except the staff. Must admit the staff were extremely helpful though. The snow fall for this time of year was excellent but Park City really has a family flavour happeneing. For after hours socialising for single guys I found Aspen Monutain had it all and was a better all round location than Park City.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank colinjAustralia
A TripAdvisor Member
Dana Point, CA
Reviewed 28 September 2005

This place is what ski/snowboard lodges are suppose to be! It felt as if I was in Europe somewhere. The snow was deep, the rooms cheap and clean, the owners were friendly and at your service! I would return to this place anyday. I actually have reservations for this winter. Skiing is becoming so expensive that it makes it possible for me only with places to stay that are affordable. Keep it up Chateau Apres!

• Stayed: January 2004
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2005

Chateau Apres is a lodge without pretensions. But it's a lodge that gets the job done, you meet some good people and the staff are 'no frills' but honest and welcoming. For about $US30 a night you can stay in the very basic male and female dorms (even book at short notice) including continental style breakfast. There are more elaborate private rooms upstairs, considerably more affordable than the competition. The cute mock-Bavarian lodge is extremely well positioned (close to a lift) and a short walk to everything. Boss Ed and assistant Jason are great guys, non-intrusive and can point you to the easiest ways to get to the other nearby resorts (Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, Brighton, Sundance etc). Plain but cosy, affordable and fun. What else do you need? Cheap lift tickets ($5-$8 off, for Park City and most of the other area resorts) are available at the nearby Park City Ski and Golf shop, 3 minutes walk away.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member