“Great room - typical lodge type environment”
Review of The Prospector

The Prospector
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Overall, nice rooms. All with different amenities - some with full fridge and stove/oven, some with just micro and mini-fridge. Some carpeted, tiled or wood floors. My room was nicely decorated (829). High vaulted ceilings.

Park City is a place where people go to ski...the idea is that you won't be spending too much time hanging around the room. The hallways were bare and echoy - but again, this is not meant to be a 4-5 star resort place. The rooms were comfortable - all having some sort of gas fireplace for heat and atmosphere. Nice wooden furniture. We were there for a family weekend and we had rooms in all the buildings. No wireless internet in rooms, but there is a computer in the lobby....only open 8-5.

Grocery store/drug store nearby. Great transit system for getting around - all free! Great downtown...fantastic restaurants (Blind Dog, Riverhorse) Park City Mtn Resort is so close and a fantstic ski area...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Prospector

Reviewed 10 March 2006

We were ther from March 4-8. When we got there some of the lights were out the sink leaked, the freezer was full of frost and there was and can of Coors and used cigerete butts on the balcony. The next day our loft was not cleaned.The upside if there is one, when we notified the managment responded in a timely fashion except for the trash on the balcony it is still there. Will we stay there next year? probably not, but it was'nt as bad as some of the previous reviews I have read.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Blue
puyallup, wa
Reviewed 7 March 2006

Well, this is basically a dorm room - bed, tv, bathroom. The remote didn't work until I bought batteries. This is the kind of place you go to with your buddies and spend all your time on the slopes or in town - not a place to take your wife and expect a 5 star resort. No internet, no continental breakfast, just a bed and a bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 February 2006

My stay at Prospector Square was outstanding. The management team, headed by John Sands was remarkable. If there ever was a problem, it was attended to immediately and the service of of all Prospector Square employees was above reproach.

There are some owners that do not have John Sands and Prospector Square Management Company as their management company.

I, Joe Rogers, as an owner, strongly recommend that all owners not under the management team of John Sands at Prospector Square, get there as quickly as possiblde and I promise this, there will never be any more negative reviews as soon as all owners are under DJohn Sands management team at 'Prospector Square Management Company'.

Thanks again for the above reproach treatment I received.

Stayed: February 2006
Orange County, Ca
Reviewed 16 February 2006

As I walked into unit 606 Prospector Square I knew my son and I were in a special place! Everything was newly refurbished and professionally decorated. The granite and imported tile were welcoming and we made ourselves at home. We found the bus system very convenient (three stops right at the condos) and loved skiing Deer Valley! At night we went to previews of Sundance Film Festival films and the opening of a show and the beautiful historical Egyptian theater. We dined at some of the best restaurants I have ever frequented (I highly recommend the Mariposa!) Thank you for a trip of a lifetime and the wonderful professional staff at Prospector Square. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 19 February 2006

Dear Guest from Orange County, CA
We are pleased to read about your recent visit to Park City,and your comments about the quality of your accomodations, and service from our staff.
The suite you stayed in has recently been remodeled, as well as many other units to the same quality level. These suites are rated as Preminum accomodations, and are managed by the only on-site management company.

We take great pride in providing a quality experience for all of our guests. Our aim is to provide quality, service, and value to all of our guests. Park City is truly a wonderful year round resort community. We look forward to your return visit.
Thank you.

John Sands
General Manager / Prospector Square Management Co.

Laguna Beach
Reviewed 16 February 2006

apparantly these units are all individually owned.Unit 606 has just been completely renovated..2 queen size beds,new kitchen with granite counters,renovated bathroom and powder room, Everthing worked wonderfully and the room was serviced evwery day by a very efficient staff..This unit is equivalent to a 4 or 5 star hotel..ask for unit 606!!!

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2006

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The hotel is wonderful. The views are great and it is convienent to the city with the free shuttle buses coming right in front of the main lobby. Our rooms were cleaned EVERY DAY--and everything worked. The Full kitchen was wonderful and the beds were always clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff even washed the dishes I was going to clean. The front desk was always very helpful and arranged to have someone at the front desk early for our checkout. They were also helpful in helping us get ski rental and transportation. I took 13 people and they all loved their rooms. The pricing of the rooms was very good and I feel the quality of our rooms far exceded what we were paying.
I have read some of the other reviews and I think they messed up by going on the internet to get their rooms.
I always book at the front desk of any hotel I stay in. I may pay more for the call, but going through the internet for anything is scary. I suggest you call the front desk to make your reservation and not get your room off the internet

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank KALCOOP
Management response:Responded 10 February 2006

Thank you for your nice comments. I am please to hear all of your guests had a quality experience. I can assure you all of our staff strives to provide quality accomadations, services, and value to our guests.

We look forward to hosting your group again.