“Nice clean hotel”

Park City Peaks Hotel
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 2 July 2014

One of the more affordable lodging options in Park City in the summer, especially if you are traveling solo. Room was comfortable and quiet. I didn't get in the pool but the family I was traveling with said it was nice. The breakfast was average for me, great if you like pancakes and instant eggs, but several things to choose from. There's a Starbucks down the road if you're desperate for decent coffee. Overall a good deal.

Room Tip: The top floor and corner units are probably the quietest, but there are stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank COTransplant75

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I went up there for a 3 night stay for our anniversary. I was looking to get a more expensive hotel, but my wife told me to find a cheaper one so we would have more money to do things. Well we get there and mainly she wasn't impressed, it is an older hotel so I wasn't expecting much. The room was smaller than I hoped, but just as big as a Holiday Inn that we had stayed in before. It was clean, but it always smelt very musky (that could be do to our room being above the pool). The continental breakfast was ok, better than others we have had. The bed was not comfy at all, my wife complained about the bed the most saying she felt like she had a pinched nerve. We had a mini fridge in the room which was nice do to us going out all weekend and had some stuff to put in it.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dom S
pcpeaks, General Manager at Park City Peaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the Peaks. Standard guest rooms at the property are 300 sq. ft. and our larger suites run 500+ sq. ft. We are happy to upgrade guests to suites should they feel like they desire more space and we have availability. Regarding the breakfast, all guests year round now receive our complimentary breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, whole fruit and fruit cup, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, toast, coffee, tea, hot choc, juices and milk. If there is anything you would like us to add, we are welcoming guest feedback during this transition to the complimentary breakfast for all guests. Regarding the bed; I am disappointed that your wife was not comfortable as we have had many wonderful comments on our beds. In fact, I bought one for myself and love it. Please let me know which guest room you stayed in so that I can examine the bedding for issues. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

PARK CITY PEAKS HOTEL is a really, really nice hotel, take advantage of the online rate deals. Very good breakfast in the mornin', the auto pancake maker really does the job! The pool is delightful and the complimentary robes make the dash to the pool easy! The Check in staff was very nice and helpful getting info moving around Park City!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank The W

Thank you for staying with us at the Peaks and taking the time to write your nice review. We appreciate your feedback. We are proud of our staff and appreciate your taking the time to offer your comments. Thank you for staying with us and please come again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It is an older hotel, but I don't see it as run down. They keep it clean and well kept. The lobby is rustic and beautiful. The staff can either be extremely helpful or not the greatest. There seems to be some major disparities between staff training.

If you can book this hotel through a deal, it is well worth it. The least expensive choice with so many amenities. The best part is the indoor/outdoor pool with the ability to swim inside first and swim right on outside without ever leaving the pool. There's also an indoor hot tub and outdoor hot tub. Unfortunately, the jets were not working for either hot tub - a sad thing to find out.

In the room, it is very plain but clean. There are robes in the closet and they gave us a bottle of wine as part of the deal for the hotel. The bed wasn't super comfortable but not uncomfortable either. There are feather pillows, so if you hate those make sure you ask for something else.

I would stay here again to use the pool area and because of its convenient location and good pricing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle907

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad you were able to visit Park City. Thank you for your pool comments - it is a terrific way to cool off on a hot summer day, whether swimming in the outside section of the pool area or swimming through the channel to swim in the inside pool area. I have passed your comments on to the front desk manager as we appreciate your feedback regarding staff training. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Arrangements were made through the AAA of Southern California, great service. My concern was from the beginning that we were coming from California and driving to Utah for the first time and couldn't predict our exact time of arrival. All through the booking process and just before leaving, I had the Auto Club check with the hotel on their "early arrival" check in policy. The first call to the hotel about check-in resulted in a response which indicated that our time of arrival was during "off season" and there would be plenty of rooms and we could check-in at no extra charge when we arrived as there was "no early arrival policy." The Auto Club representative, in my presence, called the hotel 13 days before our leaving and for the second time confirmed that "if room available upon arrival (date put here), early check-in allowed at no charge." When my family and I arrived far earlier than anticipated on the scheduled date, I asked a person who was presented a supervisor if we should wait to check in because we were on a very tight budget and we didn't want to incur another day's cost. He said there would be no charge and we could check-in because there were rooms ready and he proceeded to check us in. After checking my credit card charges, to my horror, both rooms I had reserved and used were charged the extra day that I was told more than once would not be charged. I tried to get these charges reversed myself and then had to have the Auto Club get involved. Also, I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company and am in the process of registering complaints wherever I can. The Auto Club rep told me both in a phone message on my voice mail and in person that the manager refused to reverse the charges and simply said that his staff would never have said to anyone that there would be no charge. I have proof in writing as to what the Auto Club rep was told by the hotel staff, etc. I have filed a complaint with the Auto Club which has plenty of documentation as to what happened. I have been very upset and stressed by this and am glad that I didn't know about the problem until after the trip. And, if you don't ask the staff for copies of your paperwork, you don't get it and when I asked about mine in a hurry on our way out, they only gave me mine which I didn't read carefully until I got home. I had to get my son's from the hotel accountant who e-mailed it to me and she could do nothing about the situation. As for the hotel itself, it was fine. The staff at the hotel were friendly, but obviously poorly trained and not very knowledgeable about their hotel's true policies and can apparently at will overstep their bounds and promise something that they shouldn't have. I won’t be going back to that hotel despite its best qualities and location.

Room Tip: None to add
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary M

Thank you for your review. Hopefully this response will clear the situation up. The Peaks does allow early arrivals and our friendly front desk staff has/and will accommodate many guests before the 3pm check in time. This is especially true during ski season which is our high season. For those guests arriving on a morning flight around 9 or 10am, should our rooms be ready, we will gladly check our guests in for a little extra time. However, in the situation mentioned above, a 12:56am the night before arrival would constitute an additional night stay as opposed to an early check in. Thank you again for your review and for allowing us to clear up the confusion.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here through a special deal on a local website. Upon arrival, we were very pleased with the service we received from the young man. This is an older hotel but was kept well so no complaints there. The beds were pretty comfortable but the pillows had no substance to them. We enjoyed the underground garage parking. WiFi was not working well. The a/c unit was great.
Our main complaint happened the next day. We were offered a free breakfast in one of the restaurants. The hours of this breakfast were 7 to 10 a.m. I would think in the off season (summer) they should extend those hours a little to 10:30 or 11. Some people like to sleep in. We still planned on making it during those hours. We went to our car with our items, since its an 11:00 check out. Parked behind our car was a big truck filled with the hotels recycling--no employee in sight. (and there were other places the truck could've parked, wide open garage) We spent a few minutes looking for someone to move the vehicle. We decided to deal with it later. Went to the restaurant and the doors were locked!! I looked at my watch and it was 10:01 a.m. So if you stay here make sure you give plenty of time to make it. We weren't as upset about missing the free breakfast as the service that followed. We had a voucher for $10 off at that restaurant but since the doors were locked, we weren't given the option of paying for our food either. We went to the lady at the front desk (dark hair, middle aged) and mentioned that we missed breakfast by one minute hoping she would explain or tell us we could buy breakfast, but we just received a grunt (literally). So we turned in our cards and mentioned the truck blocking our car. She said hold on, called a male employee over and he said it was his guys and would get it moved. The woman never apologized or smiled at us or anything!! The male employee apologized but we still had to wait another 5 minutes for them to move. With service like this, we won't return. We had a great deal on our stay thanks to the coupon, but I would not pay full price for a room here. And even with a great deal we won't stay here again due to the lack of service and concern from that morning's female employee.

Room Tip: Third floor away from the bar/restaurant was nice and quiet with a great view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mishabri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We just spent 3 incredible days in Park City and we stayed at Park City Peaks. First of all, their price is one of the best in Park City. The staff, everyone, from the reception desk down to the janitors are very nice and friendly. The room was incredible. It was always clean and kept up. The beds were great to sleep on. Very comfortable. We never knew if we had people in the rooms next to us, it is that quiet. Their free breakfast is a breakfast, not a continental one. I highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor, because of some health problems. If you have special needs, they...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family