“Worst place I have ever stayed”

Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Provo, Utah
“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked a night at Shadow Ridge for a fun weekend in Park City for my husband's 30th birthday and it was absolutely horrible. It took taking 3 calls to finally get my confirmation email so I guess that was an omen of what was to come. We walked into the room and the carpets were stained and absolutely filthy. I didn't want to take my shoes off. The pillows were thin and uncomfortable, and I found a man's hair on my pillow so I'm pretty sure the pillow cases weren't even washed. They also smelled really musty. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and both my husband and I got a horrible night's sleep. A random alarm in the bedroom went off around midnight playing country music and it took a while to turn it off. The toothbrush holder had water marks on it and there were toothpaste splatters below the mirror in the bathroom from previous occupants. Needless to say I would HIGHLY recommend never staying here. It was absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me to do it. It basically ruined what was supposed to be a fun getaway.

3 Thank Jen_P19
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Hello and thank you for posting your comments, it will help us in areas that need to be improved upon. I apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions in your room. Cleanliness is something that is top priority and the issues you experienced should have not happened. If you ever take the time to read my response please feel free to contact myself Jason Renfro the General Manager to discuss what you experienced.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This small motel of a resort is very close to the slopes at Park City and close to downtown. Very hospitable and able to get car service to most places. The rooms were old, dark, and the beds were creaky and mattresses pretty thin. THe shower head was palced for a 5 foor tall person at most. The "spa" hot tub is in the basement and feels like a dungeon. The "sauna" was listed as closed for the season (in the middle of March). The pool is TINY despite the pictures onlne, and the "gym" is barely a few pieces of equipment in a basement room. Consider this hotel only if you get a really CHEAP rate, because that is what you are getting. On the pluis side they do have free covered parking. THe WiFi was free also but REALLLY SLOW. The elvator is also REALLY SLOW. I would NOT come back here, especially for the rate we were charged.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street are LOUD (constant busses) so ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pfeiffea
Yes it is a great location! I apologize for the disappointing experience you had at Shadow Ridge. My Name is Jason Renfro and I’m the new General Manager, and I will be looking at your review and others to see where we can improve upon in areas of service as well as our facility.
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our stay at the Resort was wonderful. It was such a pleasure to meet Brian, the Property Manager, who upgraded our room reservation to a 1-Bedroom Condo facing the slopes. The Condo was nicer than we could have imagined. When the young gentleman checked us in he handed us a bottle of Wine and said "Happy Anniversary". It really made us feel special. (I'm just sorry I don't remember his name). Our Condo was fabulous.. Beautifully decorated, very spacious, very clean and equipped with anything we could need (although I must admit we didn't do much cooking. It was my vacation, after all). Brandon said we could check in early and out late since it was at the end of the busy season and we did take advantage of checking out late. Everyone treated us so nice. When we checked out, Karina (I really hope I got her name right) was so sweet. What a wonderful staff. We will definitely be back. Brian, thank you again for making our Anniversary so special.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Glad to see your anniversary was a success! Thank you for letting us be a part of it, and thank you for mentioning the staff as they always are trying exceed your expectations. We would love for you to comeback and visit us again and enjoy the relaxation and peace you felt at Shadow Ridge.
Miami, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We spent several days at the hotel (calling it a resort is a long bow). It is an easy walk to Park City Mountain Resort, even with ski boots. Room quality was very good but service was lacking. For $160/night couldn't we at least get some glasses and coffee mugs instead of polystyrene cups, which we had to ask for on two of our three days at the hotel. The maid service was also hit and miss and they appeared to randomly replace items and ignore the obvious needs of the room, e.g. shampoo, tissues, toilet paper, coffee and don't forget the invaluable polystyrene cup. I think these were being stockpiled for the next winter. For the price I would expect more, much more. The ski shop in the lobby is very convenient and can provide all your rental needs and discount tickets. Free bus is just across the road and will take you to all the local sites/destinations but the short 20 minute walk to Main Street is worth it just to explore the streets and history. Also an easy 10 to 15 min walk to Fresh Market for all your shopping needs, if you have a self contained room.
I wouldn't say don't stay here as the location is second only to being on the hill, just be aware that you may need to make several trips to reception to get items that are missing from your room.

Room Tip: The building is semicircular so rooms on the inside have limited views. Ask for a room on the upper...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for being honest in letting us know how your stay was this is how we improve our hotel and its services we provide. Our location is great, but not having the correct amount of basic amenities is not acceptable. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you by having to keep coming to the desk. However I’m glad you enjoyed the walk to downtown and all that has to offer. The history of Park City is a true gem. If you are interested in coming back please let us know so we can ensure you can enjoy Shadow Ridge, and of course all of what Park City has to offer.
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We were upgraded to a great 1 bedroom suite - our son was also and his suite had a fireplace! We received very good service from Ashley and Erik at the front desk - they responded quickly to any request that we had... We also liked that we had the ski rental shop in the lobby.. It was a great value for the money...

Will definitely return...

Room Tip: Some suites have a fireplace. Also, ask about the view...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We take every opportunity to upgrade our guest whenever we can. Thank you for mentioning Erik and Ashley they do a great job! The ski shop is great to have in our lobby, and I’m glad you found Shadow Ridge to be of great value for you and your family
Lehi, Utah, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms are really nice. We had a great view of the mountain from our balcony and a giant shower. Little confusing figuring out which of the underground parking lots we parked in. Remember to look and see which one you parked in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Are rooms are nice and I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us. The mountains are beautiful to look at any time of year, come visit us in the fall you would love the view of all the fall colors! We do have many parking garages located around our hotel. At check in our staff will show you the right space to park in and we would love to walk you to that spot for extra assurance if needed.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We rented a 1 bedroom "upgraded" room and couldn't have been happier. Great location.
We slept 4 easily. 2 bathrooms. Kitchen was fully stocked. Small pool, but kids were happy.
Ski rental shop right in lobby, the people were so nice and helpful.
We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words and we can’t wait to see you on your next visit! As you notice our rooms can accommodate larger parties while still making everyone feel at home.