Stayed at the Stein for three nights in March. On a previous trip, we'd eaten at Stein's Skier Buffet, which is wonderful, and decided to try a stay. Would have given the Stein a 5, if not for the room. We booked a "luxury" fireplaced room which looked gorgeous on the website - instead, it was dark & dreary with a tiny window overlooking the main drive - a huge disappointment, especially at $900/night. Tried to upgrade, but they were fully booked. The room was a long walk from the main lodge, skiing, spa but they did provide a golf cart ride up to the ski shop which we requested.
The main lodge is quintessential ski resort. Some things we loved about the Stein: the ski shop service; location to ski lifts; drinks on the sunny deck after a day on the slopes; breakfast buffet; dinner at the Glitretend Restaurant (very good service, nice entrees); jazz combo in the bar; concierge staff - managed to get us a snowmobile adventure when we couldn't find one; outdoor heated pool with fireplace; very friendly doormen and valets; and excellent housekeeping and especially turn-down service (fresh towels, tea, water, chocolates and a full clean).
So, while we loved a lot about the Stein, we would only go back if guaranteed a room with a view. The front desk told me we'd have to book 6-9 months in advance to even get on the list for a view room (and previous customers get priority). While at Deer Valley, we visited the new Montage Resort and saw a standard king room w/gorgeous views, very elegant, although not the "ski lodge" feel the Stein offers. However, if such a room is guaranteed at the Montage, then that's where we're staying on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stein Eriksen Lodge is Utah's only Forbes Five Star Hotel and the World's Best Ski Hotel. Located centrally at Mid-Mountain Deer Valley and offers direct ski-in and ski-out access. We are a short shuttle ride to Historic Main Street, Park City. We are North America's premiere mountain destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stein Eriksen Hotel Park City
- Stein Eriksen Park City
- Stein Ericksen Lodge
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley Park City, Utah