“TOP NOTCH!”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I travelled from Australia to stay at this highly recommended lodge which far exceeded my expectations. From the warm greeting by the bell staff, wonderful rooms, amazing house keeping, outstanding food and outdoor fire pits, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.
The locker room attendants helped put on my boots and the ski in and ski out is the best on the mountain.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angelique M

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a 2-bedroom suite with a private balcony and amazing view. We looked out over the slopes and had a great view of the sunset every night.

The hotel staff was second to none. There was no request that wasn't taken care of within minutes of asking. Take advantage of the shuttle service to get around town.

The breakfast buffet is a must; as is the Skiers Buffet for lunch.

Take time to relax in the spa. The staff is very attentive and the massage was so relaxing after a day on the slopes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank plainchicken
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Outstanding service. Staff went ABOVE and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and taken care of. I've never received such service at any other hotel. Our 2-bedroom luxury suite was roomy and comfortable. The views were absolutely stunning -- we looked out right over the slopes of Deer Valley -- and the location was perfect with ski in/ski out access. The ski valet was amazing! We never had to touch our skis at the Stein Lodge. They took care of everything for us. We were treated like absolute royalty our entire trip. Oh, and I have never had a more amazing breakfast buffet at any other hotel!! Hated to leave, but hope to go back again very soon!!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Property-wide, the staff provides consistently top-notch service. It is unbelievable. Clearly everyone from check-in to concierge to ski rentals to ski valets to waiters are amazingly well trained and super friendly. I almost felt overly coddled and babied ...however ! enjoyed every second of it!

I'm not a huge skier but clearly this is the best place to be. The ski valets seriously spoil you and do everything for you! They put your boots on and off, assist with your helmet, carry all your gear wherever it needs to go, and they do it all with happy attitudes and big smiles. Our favorite, Shawn even called his chef friend at a restaurant we were going to, and we got total VIP with comp'd appetizers and desserts! It was so nice...

As for skiing, we lucked out with tons of powder dumping the day we arrived followed by light dustings each day. Deer Valley has lots of different ski lifts and plenty of green runs, which are the right speed for me. My kids did ski school down the hill at Snow Park. They had a really fun time and learned a lot. The instructors were very good, especially one who taught them "No pee, no ski." LOL... Kids had a lot of funny stories, made friends from all different places, and definitely will be a memorable experience for them.

Our stay included a daily breakfast buffet which offered everything you could wish for with slight variations each day (pancakes, eggs, fruits, yogurts, pastries, etc.) I felt this was a great value. My family especially loved the thick-cut bacon, which seemed to have a maple glaze.

We dined in the the Glitretind in-house restaurant as well and were impressed with the food and lovely wine selections. There are several nearby restaurants you can walk to at the adjacent Silver Lake Lodge and the Chateau as well.

The spa facilities are available to all guests (whether or not you partake in spa services) and include men's and women's locker rooms, steam rooms, sauna, hot tub, chill tub, relaxation room, and more. Everything is clean, modern, and elegant and feels/smells as a high-end spa should. There's also an outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi, which several families seemed to enjoy despite the falling snow! (but not me, no thank you!)

Our guest room was spacious enough for 2 adults, 2 kids with lots of ski gear. The beds are very comfortable and we all slept well. Turndown service is provided of course, and room service brings a different assortment of cookies with chocolate milk for the kids every day! That was a nice touch. The attention to detail here is superb...

I also enjoyed using the in-room Keurig coffee maker. Oh, and also there was a stacking washer and dryer in a closet right outside our room! Not that I want to do laundry on my vacation, but I could have packed a lot less clothes had I known the laundry would be sooo convenient...

The only heads-up I'd give to other visitors is that there are lots of stairs throughout the property. (It is on a mountain, after all.) Stairs don't bother me - I love the extra exercise - however we probably won't be bringing Grandma and Grandpa with us anytime in the future, because they'd have a hard time going up and down the stairs. People with knee issues might keep it in mind.

I HIGHLY recommend Stein Eriksen and plan to return every year!!

Room Tip: I'd request a room as close to the lodge as possible to spare some walking.
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Best ski resort anywhere. Everything was first rate including the restaurants, locker room attendants, and the entire staff. Also, best massage I've had in years in the spa. Everyone could not have been more helpful. Can't wait to return next week for President's Holiday with my kids.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Irv S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I don't think they have many 4 bedroom units. This was a two story unit, with one bedroom up and three bedrooms down.

The upstairs also had a large great room/dining room with a large flatscreen t.v., a guest bathroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen with beautiful granite countertops. There were three stools at the counter and a table with eight chairs for dining. The great room had two fireplaces, three sofas around a large square coffee table, a double murphy bed, and a deck with a hot tub. The deck overlooks a wooded area. The upstairs bedroom had a king bed and I believe it had it's own bathroom.

One downstairs bedroom had a king bed, gas fireplace, and a private deck. Another bedroom had a king bed and fireplace. Our bedroom had two queen beds. All rooms had their own private bath, which was huge and totally updated (separate tub and shower, heat lamp). There is also a closet with a stacked washer and dryer. You can access the unit by the upstairs door or the downstairs door. All the bedrooms had humidifiers, which was a nice touch. Turn down service was provided every evening.

A buffet breakfast was included in our rate. It was the best buffet breakfast I have ever seen, with many gourmet hot and cold choices. Newspaper was delivered daily to the unit. Free transportation is provided to area restaurants and to downtown Park City. The shuttle to Park City leaves on the half hour. Free bottled water and altitude sickness supplies (tylenol and oxygen inhalers) are available in the lobby. There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access. Free hot chocolate and hot cider are available near the on-site ski rental office. You can literally ski out of the resort. Employees are friendly and greet you as they pass.

In keeping with an honest review, a few minor gripes would be our bed mattress had a slight "roll to the middle" effect. The humidifier caused the carpet to get wet. Reservations for transportation to dinner weren't always on time.

Room Tip: Rooms are built around a courtyard. The best location may be near the main lodge (ski slope side).
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Had a very disappointing lunch at Stein Eriksen's yesterday. Uninspiring menu in the bar area and the skier's buffet, which used to be excellent, was also relatively uninspiring. I had the beef brisket which was average at best. My wife had the lamb gyro off the bar menu which she did not enjoy - the lamb was tough & fatty. Back to Royal street, Montage, St Regis and Empire lodge for lunch at DV in future.

1  Thank ClarkieBDA
DBullert, General Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,
I’m sorry you felt the food quality did not meet your expectations. Stein Eriksen Lodge prides itself on our food and beverage operations and has always felt our service and quality is bar-none the best on the Mountain. Again, I apologize you were disappointed with your lunch and will reach out to you personally.
Dan Bullert