“Work, Play and a Couple of Gala's”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
nyc
“Work, Play and a Couple of Gala's”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Having stayed, played and worked at Stein's in summer, fall and winter, I now have nice full-bodied review of this gorgeous property and fantastic staff. I've gone to several events and they are always beautiful; gorgeous scenery, incredible food, and impeccably serviced. My husband planned my 40th bday weekend there in the late fall with several people flying in and staying. Snow. fireplaces, perfect Norwegian lodge luxury.
We just finished working there for three days and it was indulgent. Baths in the humongous jacuzzi tub for two, the requisite Valentines dinner by the fire with silky fois gras and sumptuous wine as the snow fell outside. Horse drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, snow shoeing...They can set you up with absolutely anything and in the most jaw-dropping locations. The spa is heaven and the masseuse strong and perfect. We can't wait to go back in the summer and sun by the gorgeous pool with an even more gorgeous view. Thank you Stein's staff!

Room Tip: The newer rooms tend to be bigger and have better bathrooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This place is exceptional. We stay here every so often during the Winter for skiing. Deer Valley is what it is, which is wonderful. This place takes the experience over the top. The property is unique and perfectly set. Each room feels intimate and quaint. Even though it's not a small property. Every detail is taken care of. The staff is over the top good. I struggle to think where else you get such good staff. Ski in, ski out. One of the best Sunday brunches anywhere. Wonderful lounges and areas to hang out and relax. Great design. Comfortable beds. It's pricey if there's a downside, but it feels like most of the people who stay there are those where price doesn't matter much.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander N
New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Flawless service. Everything from the ski valet to the buffet to the management is perfect. Invisible when you don't need it and instant when you do. It is expensive, but really the most well run hotel and, for that matter, ski resort.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Guy M, Director of Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guests: Thank you for staying with us this winter and for bringing your family. Your comments are appreciated. It is our hope to welcome you back!

Warm regards,
Guy Morris
VP Marketing & Sales
Stein Eriksen Lodge
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have skied all over the world. Stein Ericksen exceeded all of my expectations and then some…
started with contacting me before our visit, making sure all of our needs were met..
assisting us with our special requests….private ski instructor, tubing, snow mobile riding for my seven year old…private car service….I cannot say enough!
Then there is the food. My mouth is literally watering of all the sensational things they had on the menu…and even for room service!
they were so fast and kind and just really blew my mind.
For me and my son, there will never be another place to stay in deer valley but Stein..

Room Tip: We had a great room on the back side of the resort close to the hot tub. My son loved the jacuzzi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Saddle River
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I just returned back from the Stein Erikson Lodge and have to say it was a perfect vacation. The staff are accomodating, friendly and knowledgable, the accomodations outstanding and the location perfect. The ski concierge service makes skiing with children easy! After a delicious breakfast which is included you step downstairs and the ski staff put on your boots and have your skis ready outside for you to ski to the lift. At the end of the day, they take your boots off, dry them and have them ready for the next day. Perfect! I highly recommend this five star resort. I would not stay anywhere else - they take care of everything with a sincere smile!
The kids loved the outdoor pool which was heated and the gifts that they got when we arrived!

Room Tip: We asked for an upgrade upon arrival and they upgraded us to a beautiful town house - at no addition...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at Stein Ericksen for one night, where my sister had her wedding at the end of January, but my parents also stayed there for 5 nights during that time and we went to visit them often. Stein Ericksen Lodge is a beautiful place to stay, truly a 5 star resort. The location is truly ski-in-ski-out, and is very close to the ski lifts. The resort accomodations itself has large, spacious rooms, well appointed and luxurious. If you're lucky enough to stay in the suites they are beautiful and well worth it. The food was excellent and the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. While it's true they are further up the mountain, making it necessary for a car to get around to say Main St, or down to Snow Park Base, they have a shuttle that are more than happy to take you where you want to go for those that don't have a car or don't want to drive. My sister's wedding was absolutely beautiful and the Stein was the perfect place to have it. Everything was well organised and seamless. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone whom is thinking of having their wedding at the Stein.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SteinEriksenLodge, Public Relations Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Nicola,
We are so happy you had an incredible experience for your sister's wedding! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you again!
Castle Dale, Utah
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stein's is honestly such a great place to stay. I have stayed at Stein's numerous times, and keep coming back because of how well I am treated by their staff. Everyone is so accommodating and helpful. The concierge desk seems to know anything and everything you could ever want to do in and around Park City! The ski locker room staff are so friendly and personable. I felt like Cinderella trying on my glass slipper... Except with ski boots! :) The rooms themselves are beautiful with breathtaking views. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family