“Spoiled by Stein”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
“Spoiled by Stein”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We got a great off season package that included fabulous dinners. Everything was perfection...personalized service. Huge room with fireplace and jetted tub. No surprises on the bill.
The only negative is that we have been spoiled and no other hotel can live up to this.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Bet M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at this Lodge in October. The rooms were luxurious and the service was incredible. We ate several times at the lodge and the food was consistently outstanding. We used the spa for a couples massage and it was very nice The area where the lodge is located is beautiful and just a short drive from downtown Park City. Do not hesitate to travel to Park City in the fall. The Aspen trees are changing colors and the weather is still warm enough for shorts. At night plan to bring a light jacket or sweater.

Room Tip: Really I'm not sure there are any bad rooms. I was there for a conference and all the people I t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 54Greg
Guy M, VP Sales & Marketing at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Greg54:
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. It is our sincere desire to welcome you back! May you have a safe, healthy Memorial Day Weekend.

Regards,
Guy T. Morris
VP Marketing & Sales
Sandy, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well to start off this place is amazing the room and spa were by far over the top and 5 star all the way , better than expected and would love to stay again if they could get the supposed 5 star restaurant and staff to be up to par, the dinner experience was bad , food was not good at all , when they charge what they do i believe the food should be cooked the way you order it and come out hot not like it had been sitting under a warmer for 20 min , the staff at the restaurant was rude and im sure the place was empty for a reason they seemed to only be there to keep the doors open and that was all , other than the dinner being terrible the desk staff was also not the best , we have had 3 billing issues and have had to make 6 calls to get things resolved , if im paying for 5 star i would expect that the billing should not require 6 calls to get correct and get the run around every time i call i paid up front and should not have to make a call at all, would i stay again ? only if i could be assured that the desk and dining staff would be polite and act like they care about my stay and not just there tips ,, and that i would not have to take time away from a busy day to call 6 time and fix billing issues that should not be a problem ,, if you stay here plan to eat somewhere other than at the hotel there are a ton of great places that have better food and much better staff just a short drive downtown , but the rooms and spa are the best i have seen without question

Room Tip: 316-2 was our room and it was great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickdaniels775
DBullert, Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Nick,
Thank you for staying with us on your special occasion and for the positive comments on our amazing guest rooms and spa. I’m sorry you experienced a few issues and I will reach out to you in hope we can discuss the matters in person.
Dan Bullert
Hotel Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed the weekend at the Stein Eriksen Lodge after the close of ski season. We booked a suite with a private patio with hot tub.

We were simply blown away from the moment we arrived. Our check-in was flawless and very cordial, we were also given some complimentary treats for our room. The Valet was great, and we were given a ride via golfcart to our room (we got a ride EVERY time we left the room!) The concierge booked my wife a spa treatment, booked us both a hot air balloon ride, and got us dinner reservations - it was amazing; each request of ours was granted and taken care of with no worry to us!

The room was unbelievable - incredible mountain views and aromas. Private wood burning fireplace that we used all the time, the bathroom and jetted tub were awesome, and the private hot tub was just over the top amazing! Full kitchen and they had stocked our fridge for us, appliances and cutlery/dishes all there. 2 huge TVs. The ambiance is log cabin meets luxury - it was so interesting and gorgeous. We fell in love with it - we wanted to move in!!

My wife has not stopped raving about her massage/treatment at the spa since we left. She said it was the most impressive spa she has ever been to: LA, New York, Seattle included!

The service was amazing, any request we had was seen to immediately by the clerks, valet, concierge and room service. They gave us a complimentary late checkout at 2PM!!! WOW!

We were just blown away by this place, it earned it's 5 star rating absolutely, no question. It is one of the very finest properties I have ever stayed at, and I have recommended it to all of my family and friends. My wife and I will most definitely be back. We had the weekend of a lifetime here, and we want to say thank you to the staff at the lodge!!

Room Tip: We booked a suite with private deck and hot tub - it's the only way to go!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheSaent
austin tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I LOVED IT HERE! The decorations/curb appeal were not the most chic, but the views, service and food were amazing! We went for Easter brunch and a full day pass to the spa. The spa was awesome, it had access to a pool and hot tub outdoors and a hot tub, cold plunge and steam/sauna inside. I literally fell asleep on the porch outside of the women's relaxation room. It really was so relaxing! The food at the brunch was definitely undersold, which was such a treat. I would come back here for any brunch I am in town for, and will make a visit to the spa again too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a night's stay at Stein Eriksen Lodge last week for my birthday. I had never stayed at Stein's before so I really had no idea what to expect. When we pulled up to the lodge, I felt like we were pulling up to a secret, exclusive lodge high up in the Park City mountains. We enjoyed a beautiful stroll to our room and were instantly taken aback at the beauty and luxury we encountered. We stayed in the deluxe suite which included attributes such as two fireplaces, a steam shower, jet tub, king bed, full kitchen, two big screen TVs, and a hot tub on deck. The art and decor had a modern-mountain feel and made me want to cozy up inside all night. The staff was extremely attentive and informative which helped us enjoy the grounds to their fullest. We dined at their restaurant, The Glitretind, where I had the privilege of trying the chef's duck & waffles (one of the best meals of my life). The stay at Steins was a glamorous affair with a high mountain twist. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy M, VP Marketing & Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Alix L: We thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and your boyfriend too for arranging the surprise experience here. Happy birthday!

Warm regards,
Guy Morris
Stein Eriksen Lodge Management Corp.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is fine, rooms are 4 star, nice views and hot tubs, but average bathrooms. The housekeeping and spa staff are great, but the rest of the staff has a lot of room for improvement. I called several times to request a second floor room, there are only two floors, but unfortunately I could not get a second floor room. Also, I received numerous billing errors, including several duplicate charges. I was repeatedly told by various staff who answered the phone that only a manager could fix the errors, however it took nearly a dozen calls to get through to the front desk manager. I never received a return call. When I did speak with her, there was no apology for the errors or for the lack of response, and guess what, the billing errors were still never corrected. I emailed her and again received no response and eventually had to resolve them through my credit card. Also, the hotel added tips on our bill, but did not inform us of this policy up front, so we ended up double tipping everyone. I haven't stayed there, but have heard St Regis is much better. There is another 5 star on the mountain as well. Stein Ericksen is definitely overrated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 11Deborah
Dan F, VP & Managing Director at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Stein Eriksen Lodge. I am very disappointed to read that we failed to follow through on your room request and for not being able to handle your billing issues in a timely manner. We do make every effort to exceed our guests expectations and I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case. Should you decide to give us another opportunity in the future I would hope that you would contact me personally so that I can see to it that you have the experience you expect and deserve.

Dan Flick