“Need to improve service and update a bit”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Beautiful views and great location but they need to do some work to improve.

1. Rooms are outdated. Having carpe in the bathroom area around the sinks etc is just not acceptable. Also water pressure in shower was terrible.

2. Need to better train your events/function staff. When I got a drink the put my glass directly into the ice to scoop up the ice. Anyone who has had basic bar training knows this is unacceptable as you could put glass into the ice and not know it. Also the servers had the fingers on the top of the glass when they gave it to me. Again, you should never touch the top 1 inch of the glass as that is where people's mouths go.

3. The staff was pretty young but well trained with a script, as long as you asked them something that was in their script/training they were great. When I needed some help with some things that were not standard they didn't know how to really help me. Management needs to train for the unexpected not just for standard things.

House keeping was outstanding, I travel 4 times a month and these guys at this hotel were the best. They even folded my dirty clothes. Pleas make sure you keep the housekeeping people around as they could be the reason I would return.

Again, just some updating to the rooms and better training and this hotel could be much better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dan F, VP & Managing Director at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Stein Eriksen Lodge. I was very disappointed to read that your experience fell short of your expectations. We are in the process of a $5 million dollar room refurbishment program, which we anticipate to eliminate any future perceptions of them being "dated". We have also recently hired a dedicated Training Manager, which we believe will enable us to consistently adhere to our strict service standards. I have personally shared your positive comments with our housekeeping team - thank you! I hope that with some of the aforementioned changes that you might consider giving us another opportunity to validate our reputation. If so, I would be happy to be your personal contact.

Dan Flick
VP & Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had the chance to stay here two years ago when we attended a wedding...still kicking myself that we didn't take advantage. Finally spent a night here last month, and it was superb. The staff was attentive, the views were lovely, and the room was amazing! We requested and received a balcony and hot tub. Just wandering around the facility was a treat in itself. We did dinner at the bar, which felt special even though it was "just" burgers. Everything is an event here. Truly an exceptional experience. I'll never let an opportunity to stay here pass me by again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We got a great off season package that included fabulous dinners. Everything was perfection...personalized service. Huge room with fireplace and jetted tub. No surprises on the bill.
The only negative is that we have been spoiled and no other hotel can live up to this.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bet M
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at this Lodge in October. The rooms were luxurious and the service was incredible. We ate several times at the lodge and the food was consistently outstanding. We used the spa for a couples massage and it was very nice The area where the lodge is located is beautiful and just a short drive from downtown Park City. Do not hesitate to travel to Park City in the fall. The Aspen trees are changing colors and the weather is still warm enough for shorts. At night plan to bring a light jacket or sweater.

Room Tip: Really I'm not sure there are any bad rooms. I was there for a conference and all the people I t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 54Greg
Guy M, VP Sales & Marketing at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Greg54:
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. It is our sincere desire to welcome you back! May you have a safe, healthy Memorial Day Weekend.

Regards,
Guy T. Morris
VP Marketing & Sales

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well to start off this place is amazing the room and spa were by far over the top and 5 star all the way , better than expected and would love to stay again if they could get the supposed 5 star restaurant and staff to be up to par, the dinner experience was bad , food was not good at all , when they charge what they do i believe the food should be cooked the way you order it and come out hot not like it had been sitting under a warmer for 20 min , the staff at the restaurant was rude and im sure the place was empty for a reason they seemed to only be there to keep the doors open and that was all , other than the dinner being terrible the desk staff was also not the best , we have had 3 billing issues and have had to make 6 calls to get things resolved , if im paying for 5 star i would expect that the billing should not require 6 calls to get correct and get the run around every time i call i paid up front and should not have to make a call at all, would i stay again ? only if i could be assured that the desk and dining staff would be polite and act like they care about my stay and not just there tips ,, and that i would not have to take time away from a busy day to call 6 time and fix billing issues that should not be a problem ,, if you stay here plan to eat somewhere other than at the hotel there are a ton of great places that have better food and much better staff just a short drive downtown , but the rooms and spa are the best i have seen without question

Room Tip: 316-2 was our room and it was great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickdaniels775
DBullert, Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Nick,
Thank you for staying with us on your special occasion and for the positive comments on our amazing guest rooms and spa. I’m sorry you experienced a few issues and I will reach out to you in hope we can discuss the matters in person.
Dan Bullert
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed the weekend at the Stein Eriksen Lodge after the close of ski season. We booked a suite with a private patio with hot tub.

We were simply blown away from the moment we arrived. Our check-in was flawless and very cordial, we were also given some complimentary treats for our room. The Valet was great, and we were given a ride via golfcart to our room (we got a ride EVERY time we left the room!) The concierge booked my wife a spa treatment, booked us both a hot air balloon ride, and got us dinner reservations - it was amazing; each request of ours was granted and taken care of with no worry to us!

The room was unbelievable - incredible mountain views and aromas. Private wood burning fireplace that we used all the time, the bathroom and jetted tub were awesome, and the private hot tub was just over the top amazing! Full kitchen and they had stocked our fridge for us, appliances and cutlery/dishes all there. 2 huge TVs. The ambiance is log cabin meets luxury - it was so interesting and gorgeous. We fell in love with it - we wanted to move in!!

My wife has not stopped raving about her massage/treatment at the spa since we left. She said it was the most impressive spa she has ever been to: LA, New York, Seattle included!

The service was amazing, any request we had was seen to immediately by the clerks, valet, concierge and room service. They gave us a complimentary late checkout at 2PM!!! WOW!

We were just blown away by this place, it earned it's 5 star rating absolutely, no question. It is one of the very finest properties I have ever stayed at, and I have recommended it to all of my family and friends. My wife and I will most definitely be back. We had the weekend of a lifetime here, and we want to say thank you to the staff at the lodge!!

Room Tip: We booked a suite with private deck and hot tub - it's the only way to go!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheSaent
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I LOVED IT HERE! The decorations/curb appeal were not the most chic, but the views, service and food were amazing! We went for Easter brunch and a full day pass to the spa. The spa was awesome, it had access to a pool and hot tub outdoors and a hot tub, cold plunge and steam/sauna inside. I literally fell asleep on the porch outside of the women's relaxation room. It really was so relaxing! The food at the brunch was definitely undersold, which was such a treat. I would come back here for any brunch I am in town for, and will make a visit to the spa again too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends