“Unparalleled Quality & Service”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
“Unparalleled Quality & Service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We hosted our celebrity charity event here last month and then I had the opportunity to spend a couple of nights myself the following week. We are accustomed to holding our events at first-rate resorts that excel in their service, so our bar is set pretty high. Everyone at Stein from top to bottom exceeded our expectations. Most highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Second time hosting a meeting here and it was as fabulous as the last, which was back in 2008. Went through the RFP process to compare costs and it turned out to be quite affordable for luxury level lodging. The attendees returned high marks for the hotel on their evaluations. They requested to meet in Park City so they could ski and were quite pleased with the hotel. Most of these attendees had not previously been here. Staff is easy to work with and the sales process was fairly seamless. With the addition of other properties to Deer Valley, the Stein is keeping up with Joneses!

Room Tip: This is not your standard box hotel. I've seen many of the rooms, all are unique and offer diff...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at the Lodge over the July 4th weekend. Our room and the overall facilities are high quality and in line with a luxury hotel. I was very disappointed, however, in the overall service levels during our stay. In my opinion, the Lodge was not staffed appropriately to handle the July 4th crowds and service suffered tremendously. Long waits for tables at breakfast and lunch followed by slow and inadequate service. I appreciated the restaurant’s offer to reduce my lunch bill by $20 one afternoon due to the slow service but I would have MUCH preferred to pay full price and enjoyed good service. I overheard several guests complaining about the wait times for tables when many tables were empty. We paid for the bed and breakfast package but skipped breakfast in the restaurant later during our stay as we didn’t want to go through the hassle. We used room service for breakfast which was a better alternative (and paid twice since the bed and breakfast package didn’t include room service)

The pool was overcrowded and the shuttle service to town was hit or miss. One evening the van was packed with 8+ guests with no air conditioning. It must have been 90 degrees in the van. Felt like I was back in college during spring break on a low budget trip.

The front desk and valet staff were very accommodating and friendly. The Lodge has some nice features but I was pretty disappointed overall

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RKS
Dan F, VP & Managing Director at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear RKS,

It was extremely disappointing to read that we fell woefully short of meeting your expectations. The most frustrating aspect for me is that we knew that it was going to be busy over the 4th and yet is appears by all accounts that we failed to prepare/staff accordingly. For that I sincerely apologize.

We will certainly use your constructive feedback to ensure that we are better prepared and more organized for the next holiday period.

Should you decide to give us another opportunity I would be pleased to be your personal point of contact.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valued comments.

Dan Flick
VP & Managing Director
Stansbury Park, Ut
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I spent the evening at Stein Eriksen's Lodge in Deer Valley. It was totally enjoyable. The room was an Deluxe King with the Hot tub option. It was very nice, very spacious, nice amenities, excellent service, very comfy bed, beautiful view, and friendly staff. We had tickets to the Deer Valley Concert (Kenny Rogers). Transportation was provided by the lodge. I would highly recommend staying at this lodge. We will be doing it again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ezzieraymond
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stein Erickson Lodge was our home for two nights after I got married, and this 5 star resort didn't disappoint. It was a combination of many things that made this trip so great, and I'll do my best to go into detail on each of them.

- location in the mountains of Park City, Utah, surrounded by pine trees, water running through creeks, and beautiful landscape made me all worries float away. There is something about smelling a wood fire in refreshing mountain air that relieves all stresses. I couldn't say enough about the location. 10 out of 10

-service here can be described in three words -- attention to detail. It is the little things that separate this resort from others I have been to, for example, turn down service in the morning and evenings that includes fresh robes and slippers on a freshly made bed. They even organized toiletry items on a towel in the bathroom, folded clothes, and put relaxing music on in our room. In the lobby they would have water with fresh lime/lemon/strawberry mixed in to give it just a hint of flavor. Everyone made us feel like they were there for us, and we're willing to do anything to accommodate and make my wife and I happy. Valet is prompt, and very eager to help with bags, or anything else that we needed.

-rooms/grounds: first off, the rooms at this resort are immaculate. Once again it is the detail in architecture, paintings, kitchen appliances, and more. The rooms are spacious, and have up to date appliances that make living simple and fun. Steam room showers, and jetted bath tubs were just the ticket after a long day. Our dishes were even cleaned in the dishwasher by our turn down service (nice surprise)! Views are nothing short of spectacular. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite that overlooked Deer Valley Resort. The grounds and maintenance of the resort are what truly caught my eye. There are colorful flowers that I have never seen before all over the resort, with beautiful green grass, and flickering Oak trees. I'm sure this place is beautiful year round and would love to see what it would look like in the winter with snow. There was never an issue with appliances, our room, and everything was extremely well kept on the grounds.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway anytime of the year, and I know we will be back soon. Thank you Stein Erickson Lodge for making my wedding weekend so perfect.

Ps. Try the brunch at the lodge!!!! It was INCREDIBLE. Fresh wide assortment of delicious food.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd level, and facing the ski runs. Very private, but exceptional view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin H
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend in beautiful Deer Valley. The staff is very attentive, accommodations are beautiful and luxurious. We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to and from Old Town Park City. Breakfast on the deck outside the restaurant was delicious, and there are more outdoor activities available than there is time to enjoy them!

Room Tip: We prefer the older rooms in the original lodge, however there can be some noise from the deck outsi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard L
Guy M, VP Marketing & Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Richard L:
Thank you for selecting Stein Eriksen Lodge for your recent get-a-way. Especially, your sharing of comments via Tripadvisor is appreciated.

Happy July 4th,
Guy Morris
VP Marketing & Sales
Stein Eriksen Lodge
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I travel a lot for business and I will admit that I am picky being the born and raised Manhattanite that I am, so it is always a pleasure to find a hotel that lives up to my expectations. Stein's was perfect the minute I walked in. I like a well run place that does what it should do without any coaching from me. I did my job, relax and they did their job, help me relax. Setting - outstanding. Food - same, Decor - same. I checked out a few other spots while I was there. St Regis did not appeal due to the complicated parking and accessibility. Montage is certainly nice but just not my sort of taste. A little too soulless, but hey each to their own. I will be back for Ski Season and look forward to relaxing with at a Hotel that doesn't need me doing anything other than just that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple