“never been so high in my life!! ;-)”

Nebo Scenic Loop Byway
Reviewed 26 August 2014

...took this little drive...thinking it was another spectacular canyon drive....but, instead found ourselves driving 9.000 up the mountains....awesome views....plenty of places to stop and catch your breath...road is well maintained....just keep an eye out for the cattle that own the roads near the top....we saw two golden eagles...just amazing.... not too far south of Salt Lake City....and the payoff is when you get back on I-15 going north...the speed limit is 80mph....!!

2  Thank mynameismitch289
There are newer reviews for Nebo Scenic Loop Byway

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Spectacular views. A good road, hardly anyone around in August. We only saw a few other cars during the drive, but we saw there were maybe 10 or 20 campers boondocking and there were several campgrounds. I think we were in a National forest most of the time..

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my first trip on the Byway and it was a really nice surprise. It was all paved and the scenery was fantastic. The are several campground and plenty of places to camp in unimproved areas. There are also lakes stocked with fish and there were quite a few bow hunters along the way as it is bow season right now. There are a number of trailheads to take horses and hike. It is easily accessible from I-15 through Nephi, Pasyson or Santaquin. I can't wait to take my trailer up and spend a few days.

1  Thank beachbird123
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a beautiful drive! We spent 3-4 hours driving and hanging out at different scenic views, soaking up the beauty. Roads are narrow and windy so we just took our time and enjoyed the view. No cell reception on most of the drive. I saved a picture of a guide I found on this website to my phone so I would know when scenic view points were coming up: http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/scenic-drive-in-utah-nebo-loop-scenic-byway-ga.htm.

1  Thank TheTucsonTravelers
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It takes a couple of hours to take the whole drive because you will want to stop and soak in the beauty of your surroundings in several places. But it is well worth the trip! If you like 'free range' sort of camping, you will love this place. Bring your dog, your cat, or your horse, but leave the rest of the world behind and enjoy the tranquility and peace of this high mountain atmosphere.