“Can't wait to go again!”
Review of Chubby's Cafe

Chubby's Cafe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We loved this place. We were put off by the name and have passed it hundreds of times. After some good friends recommended it, we finally gave in. One of the best burgers I've had. I went for the Guacamole Bacon burger, and it was incredible. Also upgraded to the beer batter friends. Completely worth it. Yum!

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thought this place was meh at best. It felt overpriced in a way. It was VERY average BBQ at best. Five Star BBQ is way better food and way better in the price dept.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

This is a small local restaurant that could easily be missed as you're driving down the road. It looks like it might have been converted from a gas station. But don't judge it from it's outward appearance because the food was delicious!

We went on a Tuesday night and it wasn't busy. I was happily surprised by the prices of their kids menu. Each kids meal came with fries and a drink. For $2.99 you could choose from a burger or chicken tenders. For $1.99 they offered a grilled cheese, mac & cheese, or corn dog.

For adults the menu offers burgers, chicken sandwiches, regular sandwiches, buffalo wings, chicken tenders, etc. All entrees are served with regular fries or you can swap for a side for 0.50 more. For $1.99 you can have beer battered fries, baked beans, coleslaw, jambalaya, hush puppies, side salad, or a scone. They also have soup and salad.

I had a Turkey Club Sandwich that was so soft and tender. The fries were crispy. My husband had a Cheese Steak sandwich with Jambalaya and Coleslaw and loved all of it. My 10-year-old had a kids burger (it was a little small for him) and my 5-year-old had the kids mac and cheese.

Everything was so good that we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My faves are the Bacon Jalepeno Ranch Burger, and Cheese Steak. Cooked deliciously! The buns used in both cases are delicious, soft, but toasted. Go straight for the beer-battered fries. In summer months, sit at tables further inside the place to avoid the occasional fly that makes its way in through the doors. The meal is heavy--but for an American classic, it needs to be.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

OK, I have to say that when my husband drove into the parking lot of this establishment, I was less than excited to eat lunch all of a sudden. But, he told me to keep an open mind...and besides, it had come highly recommended on Cougarboard. I thought, whatever...

All I can say is don't let looks deceive you! So what if this restaurant is next door to some sort of tractor supply store and that there isnt a blade of grass (or landscaping for that matter) anywhere near it. I learned curb appeal in the restaurant business really shouldnt matter!

Get in the door!!

The food was DELICIOUS. The kind of food that conjures up sweet memories of BBQ's on the fourth of July where your grandma was the best cook in the county and you didnt know what a calorie was, let alone cared about one. Homemade perfection - freshest of ingredients orchestrated together by someone who knows how to cook. Nothing fake or microwaved here! The result is one delectable meal.

You will not be disappointed! Just awesome food. Period.