“yep just average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Price
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
asheville,nc
“yep just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

but I was HUNGRY and needed some food. I ordered grilled chicken and sweet potato fries. It was OK. nothing special. They had a nice salad bar which I didn't get. Just american fast food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

spruce grove
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Ordered the "special" of the night which for $25 included slasa & chips, salad bar, main course and ice cream bar for two. Appetizer was nothing special as well as the salad bar. Very basic. I had a chicken stir fry which was drowned in sauce. meh

Visited August 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Sad Really”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

You are driving north to SLC via I-70 to I-15 through Price. A few misleading billboards and you end up here thinking that you might have found a good place to eat. Sorry, I hate to tell you this, but you have not found anything decent. Our visit was the 17th of this month.

They have a meal deal for two for $25, which of course sounds reasonable, but you get more food than you will be able to eat and it's not even good food.

So what do you get for $25?

Chips and Salsa - Stale chips and watery salsa. Chips are supposed to be house made, but they are too thin for good house made.
Salad bar - Warm wilted lettuce and where else can you find Teriyaki sauce for your salad. Lots of customer spills (like cottage cheese in the mushrooms) and not very attentive when cleaning up.
Drinks - We just had water - Obviously unfiltered tap water.
New York Steak - Complete with mushrooms and garlic chunks. Lukewarm and gristle aplenty.
Vegetable - Broccoli or Asparagus was offered.
Ice Cream for desert - Ice Cream from a dispenser, but obviously to stretch it further they had watered it down.

Waitress, suspiciously absent for the most part when she did show up we had to ask for refills.

Folks, you are selling a service as well as food here, but unfortunately for you since both was poor I cannot see how you plan on staying in business. Did Kim J. wonder why she received no tip from us? Now you know. Manager did not seem to be available to let them know about the service, etc. cashier was Kim and she didn't even ask how things were. Left over uneaten food should be a clue though.

Capstone of the evening: It appeared someone in the back parking lot was conducting a drug deal with on of the employees of the restaurant as a person came out the back door and spoke to a person near a Ford Mustang who handed the employee something from him and handed over some money. Person in the Mustang called someone on their phone and then another employee came out and we saw the same thing again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tracer B
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

After seeing the billboards on both sides of Price I decided to give it a shot. Ate here twice, late dinner and had the steak cheese with a pepsi. It was good but the service was lousy. No refill, waitress never checked on us except to give us the bill. Had breakfast the next morning as it was across the street from our hotel. I had the chicken fried steak breakfast bowl and my wife the pecan banana pancake stack. The servings were HUGE, good value for the money but again the service was lousy. The waitress was preoccupied hanging up fall decorations than taking care of our table. Again, no refills on coffee or my pepsi. This place is old and rundown. Seats are uncomfortable and the interior is very much in need of updating. Won't be back

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

My husband & I both had the salad bar & half sandwich. The salad bar was very good but the half sandwich, which was a hot ham & cheese wasn't very good. Our waitress Kim was very nice and service was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Main Street Grill? Share your experiences!