“Clean place to stop to rest”
Review of National 9 Price

National 9 Price
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Price
Rochester, NY
“Clean place to stop to rest”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The room is reasonably sized, the only difficulty is if anyone is at the desk on the computer, you can't get by the chair to move through the room because the beds are right behind you. It has a modern t.v. with a decent line up of channels. There is no hair dryer, but the bathroom area was clean. They serve muffins, cereal, bagels, make your own waffle, juice and coffee for breakfast in the office area. If you are looking for a room to rest before you next stop, then don't hesitate to stop here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DuchessofRush
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Price, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear DuchessofRush,
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel’s amenities fit your needs during you stay and that you enjoyed our Breakfast options. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Thank you again.
R. Howell- Regional Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

let me preface this by saying we were traveling without reservations and were exhausted after a day of travel. We couldn't find a room in Monticello, Moab or Green River so after calling the National 9 in Price and finding they had a room available we jumped at the opportunity.

The room was reasonably priced, and the hotel staff were very courteous.

Aside from that, the facilities were pretty run down. Our room had a smell of cigarette smoke/urine that we noticed as soon as we got into the room. When we turned down the bed, the blanket had crumbs on it which was a little disconcerting. The bathroom sink had what looked like chewing tobacco stains in it but maybe it was just rust. The carpet in our room felt greasy and the air conditioner barely worked. We ended up opening the window to take the smell away and provide us with some needed ventilation/air flow. The towels were skimpy at best and almost threadbare.

We're thankful we had a place to rest for the night, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harddriver
Dear Harddriver,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments very much. We are sorry that your room smelled of cigarettes and that your towels were skimpy. We have talked with management to replace the towels. Again, we are sorry and we hope to earn your business in the future.
R. Howell- Regional Manager

Travellers are raving about these Price hotels

Chehalis
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here before several different times over the past years, but this was the last time we will stay. At check in there was a person in the parking lot walking around our car, the parking lot and front door by the lobby looking, for cigarette butts and collecting them in his pocket. Was even digging through ashtray by front door and all the time talking to himself about it. This made me uncomfortable waiting in the car while the husband was checking in, so locked the door. While climbing the stairs to our supposedly "non smoking" room, the carpets were filthy and torn and the cement around pop, ice machine and stairs smelled and was stained with something that shouldn't have been there, possibly urine? As soon as we opened the door to our room, we should have just left, but it was late and we were tired so stayed. The carpets in room were filthy and stained and I did not take my shoes off when walking on it. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, furniture was old and falling apart. Took bedspread off and slept under the sheet and was thankful for my own pillow. After this, who really wants to eat breakfast there? Grabbed a coffee and left.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Richie1953,

I am truly sorry you had a bad experience at our property. While we cant control someone picking up cigarette butts we can control how the rooms and property are kept. There is no excuse for dirty carpets or sidewalks. I have discussed this with my manager and correct steps have been taken to make sure all the issues that you brought up are addressed. Again, I am truly sorry that you had an experience like that, I will make the corrective steps to make sure it does not happen again. If you ever have an experience like that in the future at any property I urge you to contact the front desk so that they can make it right and get you moved to a room that you can be more comfortable in. Thanks you for taking the time to write a review.

K Howell - Owner
Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2013

One of the worst places we've stayed in. Entrance hall to rooms smelled like cat pee. That should have been a clue. The carpets had not been cleaned in decades. There was six months of dust on the bed headboard. Hungry? Snack on the Doritos left on the floor around the bed. Forgot your makeup? No worries - wipe it off the night stand from the last person who stayed there. Bring a headlamp if you want to read at night because there is only one light switch and it operates ALL the overhead and bedside lights. Buy ice somewhere else because none of the ice machines were working and the girl at the font desk said "Oh, that's too bad." And when was the last time you stayed somewhere that didn't have a hair dryer? Don't count on the towels to dry your hair either - they were the size of a Kleenex and about as thin. Great place to stay if you're working a construction or rig job and are too exhausted to care. Camp out instead. You'll be better rested, cleaner and happier.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Like2travelColorado,
Thank you for writing us a review about your stay. We are very sorry that your room was not clean and items of previous guests were left. We sincerely apologize. We have talked with staff to make sure that this doesn’t happen again in the future. Again, we are very sorry and we hope to earn your business in the future.
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2013

From the beginning, I realized this was not going to be an easy check in, though it was hard not to have sympathy for the receptionist. The two people in front of me were challenged with the English language. One was not literate, and the other had about a 30% literacy. Once that issue was moved forward, it was my turn. Right out of the box you will hear my biggest problem with the property, because that is when it occurred. I was not given the rate quoted online. I do not believe it all that uncommon to drive all day rather than stop mid afternoon, so I was quite exhausted upon arrival and that was the primary reason I did not turn around and leave immediately. I did book directly through the property's site, though it is not the property itself that handles these reservations, APPARENTLY. The receptionist made it clear that my experience was not uncommon, and well know in my particular situation to occur repeatedly. No excuse for this to go unresolved.
All employees encountered were personable; room was nice, no complaints. For a room of this type, no issues with housekeeping/cleanliness. Upon arrival to my room, I was concerned based on appearance that there would be parties going on late into the night because of people "hanging out" near doorways. BUT, that did not occur, and it was a restful night including a comfortable bed. Internet connection seemed to work fine.
Honestly, the price issue would have impacted my decision, but after the lengthy drive felt I had to roll over and accept it. It just doesn't seem like an honorable business practice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear validappeal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are glad to hear that everything in the room was to your satisfaction but are concerned about the fact that you mentioned that our web site did not give you a rate. Our property website at national9price.com always gives a rate and a confirmation with the reservation as do all the third party sites that we associate ourselves with.

If you wouldn't mind reaching out to our property manager so that we can track down this web site that you booked through it would be greatly appreciated.

Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 24 June 2013

When faced with a several month relocation to Price Utah for work, I had no idea where to stay.
I found the National 9 Inn through an online search and gave them a call. I mentioned that I would be in town and need a room for a few months, and they gladly took my reservation. Upon my arrival, I found a very well-run, clean and comfortable hotel with excellent customer service.

First of all, I have a completely housebroken and well behaved miniature schnauzer who they welcomed with open arms. There is a pet deposit and a small nightly fee for the pet, but those of us who travel with them are used to this. They have a nice grassy area in front of the rooms, and a large parking lot at a nearby church where we can take them for a walk. Additionally, there is a nice walking path along the river just a few hundred yards away.

The rooms are well-equiped with a small refrigerator and microwave oven. They have large, flat screen TV's as well as an air conditioning and heating unit, which keeps the room comfortable no matter what time of year it is. They offer breakfast every morning in the lobby which includes cofee, milk, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, and even a waffle maker.

The hotel location is great too. It is right across the street from a supermarket and K-mart so anything you need is within walking distance. There are also several restaurants and fast food places nearby. I have noticed several motorcyclists, RV's and many other travelers that have stayed here as they pass through, and everyone appears to be very satisfied.

Since I was staying for a few months, I needed to receive some mail/packages during my stay and the front desk personnel always made sure that I got them. The employees at the Price National 9 are all friendly, professional, and hard working.

I have truly enjoyed my few months here in Price, and am very grateful to the folks at this National 9 for making my long-term stay so comfortable and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel every time, whether you're staying for one night or one month!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear MeluBuceando,

I want to personally thank you for your kind review, I have shared your review with my staff and it really made their day. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get the chance to be of service to you again in the future.

Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed 10 June 2013

After reading some reviews, we were a little bit sceptic, but the rooms were clean although there was a weird smell present. The Internet connection was fast and the beds were very comfortable. You could here something that is going on outside where a lot of people are passing by. The very basic breakfast was easy to have but not very special.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Slalon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and I will get with my staff on how we can improve our overall breakfast. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kevin Howell - Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Price
The Greenwell Inn
#1 of 2 in Wellington
Quality Inn Price
Quality Inn Price
#6 of 7 in Price

Been to National 9 Price? Share your experiences!