“stumbled upon”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Price
Saskatoon, Canada
“stumbled upon”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find the rooms clean, as advertised on sign. It didn't take long to warm the room up, nice hot shower, and a simple continental breakfast the next morning. Loved how clean everthing was, and staying at a place that is run by the folks living there. Rather give my business to this kind of place than faceless hotels; I never wind up using pool... that I pay extra for anyway!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bonyM2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sydney
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped for one night on a road trip from Aspen through to Park City & would probably not have found the Legacy Inn without tripadvisor. Based on the reviews I have to admit to being a teeny bit disappointed. As mentioned in previous reviews, yes it is a fairly dated motel & looks tired on the outside but we found our room to be spotlessly clean & reasonably roomy & well appointed. A bedside table on both sides of the bed would be nice as I had no table or lamp on my side & like to read in bed. Bed was comfy, linens good enough & pillows could have been better. Heater was very noisy & keeps cutting in so we warmed the room up before bed & turned it off overnight which suited us fine as we prefer a cool room to sleep in. They obviously also keep a few rooms warmed up for drop in arrivals in the winter which was nice as it was a very cold night when we arrived at 6.30 pm
We did not find the staff particularly friendly or helpful as everyone else seems to have & the gentleman's recommendation for a 'really nice, upmarket' restaurant that serves beer & wine turned out to be what looked like more of a diner that did not serve wine - maybe we were just on a different wavelength although I felt maybe he always recommended this place. We left to eat elsewhere. Breakfast was inclusive & there was certainly plenty of variety on offer as described by others & the homemade waffles which my hubby enjoyed. Given the fact that there were so few guests I wasn't game to try the pastries as wasn't sure how fresh they would be & stuck to a banana & toast. The fact it was all served on disposable plates with plastic cutlery was a shame as that alone took it down a big notch in my book.
Having gone into the Holiday Inn to ask directions to a restaurant, I checked on the price for a night there & could have stayed for about ten dollars more at what looked like a much more upmarket establishment with restaurant in house, pool etc. maybe summer prices might make a difference & I appreciate previous reviewers being influenced by travelling with pets & supporting local business rather than big chains.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sydneygirl99
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute for an unexpected trip. Needed a pet-friendly, reasonably priced room in the area. I will admit I was hesitant as hotels of this vintage tend to be less than ideal but I put my trust in the ratings and went for it. The ratings are spot on.

Arrival.. Super friendly staff checked me in quickly fairly late at night. The friendliness continued the next morning including an offer to fix me a cup of coffee for the road.

The room was spotless. Furnishings were recent though the hotel was of an older style. Tub/shower was a replacement one-piece unit and very clean. Bed and linens were great. Towels weren't as thick as those I've seen in fancier hotels but they were clean. Flooring was clean. Heat was ample and quiet.

Price was downright inexpensive and they were pet-friendly. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Can't see where there would be a bad room. Though there are train tracks nearby and I was in a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Legacy Inn in December. Arriving late at night, we were greeted by Dianne, our host. We were traveling with friends, so she ran down to their room to turn up the heat and turn down their bed.

We awoke to a heavy snowfall, but the staff shoveled out the parking lot near the cars by hand, then the bulk by blower. All was fine.

Our friend had an ear infection, and Dianne provided a
Polish concoction for him which helped.

Her waffles were terrific too! And we loved that she cooked them for us!

• Stayed December 2013
BALTIMORE
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Another motel at which I never would have stayed but for tripadvisor. Very nice room, great wifi. My only complaints: The heater worked, but turned off and on a lot; the water was plenty warm enough for a shower, but could not get really hot. I had a nice conversation with the Polish owner, who showed me a map of Poland at various time points starting in the 1920's. My father was born in Bromberg, Germany which is now Bitgosh, Poland.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Moab, Ut
Reviewed 23 December 2013

When we travel we like to stay in locally owned motels as opposed to the large chains (support the small businesses). We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed at the Legacy Inn in Price, UT. Very clean, well maintained and a wonderful breakfast taboot. They accept pets ( we have a kitty) and the rates are quite reasonable. Good value!
Be sure to check out the nearby town of Helper just north of Price. It is a very interesting town with lots of history and nice folks. Great cup of coffee at the "Love Within Cafe".

• Stayed December 2013
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Located this property in the AAA Tourbook. It was listed as a 2 star property. When we went to the AAA website to book - the property was not listed. And I'm willing to bet that AAA dropped them. Buildings were in need of repair. Property did not look clean at all. The room seemed clean, but the bed and bedding could use an upgrade. Unfinished repair work in the room. Flimsy foil packets of shampoo and lotions- were not even worth opening. There was a spider in the bathtub.

Breakfast was sparse - coffee was awful! I do not like people handling my food! Selection was poor,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Price
The Greenwell Inn
#1 of 2 in Wellington
Quality Inn Price
Quality Inn Price
#6 of 7 in Price

Been to Legacy Inn? Share your experiences!