“In need of repairs”
Review of Econo Lodge Provo

Econo Lodge Provo
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We were in town for a convention and had stayed at this hotel before. This time, however, the rooms were badly in need of some TLC. The faucets dripped and the rooms were not particularly clean. The hotel was in a not great part of town and there appeared to be alot of partying going on. We called the front desk and complained about the noise and the dripping faucet, but all of our calls were pretty much ignored.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed with this Choice Hotel (www.choicehotels.com) because of their special promotion in the spring; while I felt the cost was more than it was worth, it was one of two stays for which I got a third night free, and it evened out. I did NOT find it dirty nor the front desk people (a family I think) to be rude; but did find the 'breakfast' to be not worth my time. The beds were fine, and the microwave and fridge were a great convenience for me. It is located at one of the strangest intersections (off I-15) I've ever experienced in all my travels, but that is Provo's weird design. It's next to a minimart/gas station but you have to go a few miles to find a restaurant. If I had no choice, I WOULD stay there again... but wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a female friend. I do think the rate is based on an attitude that they think it is better than it really is... not great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I have been to 27 different states hundreds of cities, and never have I encountered such awful situation. The room was dirty, when I checked in, there was toilet paper in the toilet, the doors are not sealed and it smells terrible. I checked in at 4:00 p.m. at 4:10 p.m. I went to the front desk and told them about the problem. I requested my money back and they refused to give IT back uder the statment that I used the ammenities because my wife had set on the bed. I then called the police to mediate and explained the situation. The police officer strongly advised them to give me my money back, and they still refused. So I called my bank and disputed the charge for a service that I did not use. THEY ARE RUDE, THE PLACE IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS PLACE. ALSO I WENT THROUGH ALL THESE PROBLEMS AND THEY COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, INCLUDING THE MANAGER, WHO WAS THE RUDEST.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabrahao
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Not a bad deal for the price in Provo, but nothing at all special. Stayed 2 nights in 08/2009. The breakfast was truly awful, I didn't even bother with it the second morning. Office staff courteous but hardly friendly. Rooms roomy but plain, pretty clean. Mattresses felt cheap but relatively new. A/C old and a bit noisy. Parking spaces tight. In-room fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 3 July 2009

This was a very nasty dirty hotel and when I wanted a different room they refused to help me. They would not give me my money back either when I wanted to check-up because I was not happy. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2008

All travellers do not go to this terrible hotel in provo even for free. Front desk lady and the guy do not know english and i have to wait for 20 minutes to be checked in. Being a franchise there was no friendly attitude or proffesionalism.

Horrible rooms with bad odour and no spa as advertised, they take more money for the stay.

the guy at the front desk has an attitute problem. the break fast was stale from expired dates the ornage juice was not the real orange juice. the choice franchise has to look into this hotel operations.

i am saving all to go to this hotel from experiencing this horrified experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We stayed here a little over a year ago (July 2007) & did not submit a review though the stay was above average because we had a lower (1st floor) room located near the middle of the complex. The room then was better for convenience, good odor, and easy parking.

However, this time (August 2008), we were place in Room 205 which a a top (2nd floor) room located in the corner end of the complex. The room had an odor, was not as convenient and parking wasn't that bad. For the price, it was okay & we gave it an average rating (with 2 other ratings higher).

Here's what I learned, you can call the motel in advance to request a lower level room (preferably near the center of the complex) which may make the stay (for us, since we stayed there previously) a little more (1 notch rate higher for us - Above average) tolerable. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a "Motel" and as such, it is slightly less expensive with the service being slightly so so. For us, the front desk is very busy during the day/evening & waiting to call or get the staff person on duty may require a little wait.

Overall, I'd only stay there if I could get a room request, otherwise, I would pay the difference (higher price) to stay elsewhere in Provo.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)