This hotel is exceedingly below Marriott standards. For the record, we are fans of the Marriott chains for the high standard accomodations and suite style rooms they excel in. This particular location was dissapointing, I was completely shocked because of all the misleading 5 star reviews I had seen on Tripadvisor. Says a lot about who might be writing them.
Sofabed is the smallest Ive seen, 2 petitie girls can definitely not fit on it. Mattress was the usual terrible coils digging into your back kind, typical of all sofabeds. But this bed is definitely smaller than even a double bed. Bathroom layout was terrible. Toilet section opens directly in front of one of the queen beds. Great smells for you to enjoy while you are relaxing. Shower and second sink are in a seperate area whose door opens directly in front of the other queen bed. Really??? But the bathrooms were clean and spotless. The mini kitchen was nothing more than microwave and mini fridge. NO SINK. There was a slight smell in our room, like socks, but thank god only slightly noticeable. The bedding on the beds was another baffling discovery. The comforter is like not even the thickness of a very thin blanket. Is that even a comforter? And there were no blankets in the room either except for one for the sofabed. It being the middle of winter, we room serviced for 6 blankets and they were gracious enough to provide it without any questions asked. Though we stayed on a Monday night, when much of the parking lot was deserted, the front desk clerk managed to place us in a room with the nearby tire shop as our view, rather than the beautiful mountains surrounding the property on the other three sides. Genius! Breakfast was not up to par, no oatmeal, egg omelettes had slightly hard crusty edges indicating they had been warmed far past their capability, no potatoes. Breakfast was stingy and reheated and it showed. The hotel is 3-4 miles into the city off the exit, so a little bit of a drive. Judging from the reviews on this page, I am down right confused at how below standard this hotel really was compared to what other reviewers have described. No marriott Ive ever stayed in has been this lacking before. Sad to say but this location needs new management, a tear down, or just plain remove the marriott name and be honest about the quality you're actually providing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Provo SpringHill Suites is within walking distance of Brigham Young University and is an ideal location for Stadium of Fire, BYU Education Week, Women's Conference, and the Missionary Training Center. Access companies like Novell, Adobe, AtTask, and Cirque Lodge with our complimentary local shuttle service. Nestled next to the breathtaking Wasatch Mountains, this Provo hotel offers easy access to dining, shopping, and recreational activities such as skiing, hiking, and the best fly-fishing around. Families and sport teams will love our spacious and well appointed rooms with two queens or one king bed and all rooms provide a pull out couch for even more space. Take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and free high speed Internet. At the SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, you'll have the space you need to get things done or unwind and just be comfortable. Our stylish and smartly designed suites are 25% larger than a comparably priced hotel room, giving you room to succeed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Provo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Provo Springhill Suites By Marriott Hotel Provo
- SpringHill Suites Provo Utah