“Good”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Fruita, Colorado
“Good”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and fairly priced. Only cons were room was to hot and the a.c. never did get it very cool. Also the internet connection was horrible, would not even work. They want you to get the pay internet. It should all be included.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fred P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Provo, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you pointing out the areas in which we are performing well along with some areas of opportunity. Despite our best efforts in preventative maintenance, occasionally we rely on guest comments to know when something like an air conditioning unit may be undererforming. I promise that I will get my maintenance team right on that issue so that future guests will not experience the same inconvenience. In regards to the internet, we have tried to offer two options so that our guests can use the solution that is best for them. I am sorry that it did not meet your needs. Next time you visit our property, if you have the chance to do so, please stop by and introduce yourself and I will see if I can help you with a better solution for your particular needs. Once again, I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ivins, Utah, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Clean hotel with nice views of the Provo Mountains.
Meeting rooms were cool and comfortable.
Springhill suites needs to get better coffee.
I was disappointed that they do not do hard boiled eggs on the weekend because they do waffles.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side looking at the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

While on a motorcycle trip through Utah I was in need of a hotel room in Provo. I selected this hotel purely on the TripAdvisor reviews. I'm glad I chose this hotel.

From the moment I entered the hotel the service provided by the front desk staff was superb. They were both friendly and knowledgable. Of note, I was offered and provided with a shuttle ride to/from a restaurant due to the fact that I had been riding my motorcycle all day and didn't want to ride to dinner.

The hotel has a modern decor that is both functional and visually appealing. My room was spotless and well laid out. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom amenities are Paul Mitchell brand.

I cannot fault any aspect of this hotel. It is conveniently located with plenty of parking. Combine with with clean functional amenities and great service and this hotel is a great choice for a stay in Provo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

On our two week vacation with two teenagers, this was one of my favorite hotels. We stayed in the suite.The toilet is in a separate room with its own sink which is very nice. Great shower and a nice roomy suite. Garrett was there to greet us with a smile after traveling in a stressful snowstorm coming from Yellowstone. He tended to my every need....pronto!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved the layout of this suite. It was quiet and full of amenities. When I checked in, the gentleman was professional and friendly. Made the check in easy and fast. He also, gave helpful and informative parking info. The breakfast in the morning was not crowded. They ran out of coffee and someone filled it immediately. The surrounding grounds were clean and safe. This is important when traveling alone and female. I came here to attend a family wedding. I will certainly stay at Springhill Suites in the future wherever I travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
The World
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Then we went to check out the room at Springhill Suites by Marriott, 1580 N Freedom Blvd., Provo, UT 84604, tel. 801-373-0073 (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/slcps-springhill-suites-provo/). After staying at the Towne Place Suites by Marriott in Vernal, UT we decided we liked having a suite room.

The room (421) faced north and had a terrific view of Mt Timpanogos. After the precipitation on Saturday, the mountains surrounding Provo on Sunday were all snow covered and really pretty. The room was modern and well designed. There was a tiny mini bar fridge (big enough for what we are carrying) and a coffee maker and microwave. This is probably enough space for us, although Audre likes having a kitchen area with a sink which this suite did not have.

The sofa was in a separate area (partitioned using a screen-type of thing) with the desk, but, even so, the TV (in the bedroom area on the other side of the partition) turned for viewing (and it was at a comfortable height). The bit of the divider between the bedroom and the desk/sofa area was a good design idea. There was a closet with a full length mirror. There was a separate room for the toilet and a room with the shower/sink area. There is enough storage for the amount of clothes that we were carrying. Towne Place Suites (being a mid priced, extended stay accommodation had better drawer space and storage space). There is a fitness area and an indoor pool but no Jacuzzi.

The weekend rate was $109 plus tax and the rate on Monday night was $139, including breakfast. On Sunday morning the breakfast area was packed. When we went at about 9 a.m. everyone else in the hotel was there too. There wasn't enough food or space for the people. On Monday morning there was very nice fresh fruit (banana, strawberries, orange slices and apples) as well as hot eggs, hot oatmeal and the rest of the fare that is advertised. It was quiet and there was plenty of room for the people there when we went.

The room was quiet but too hot for comfortable sleeping. When the air conditioning/heat was on, cool it blew straight onto the bed and froze Dimitri. So we tried to cool the room before going to bed and then turn off the air conditioning/heat. The room stayed at 71° even though it got cold outside at night. Other than that, we liked the room. The people at the front desk were friendly, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: High floor looking at the mountains
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aledm
Sacrameto,Ca
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'll start by saying, I'm a bit of a hotel snob. I travel a lot, and chose where to "spend the money", and a place to stay is a priority for me. My Mother was going to be traveling with us as well as my sister and our children. My Mom hasn't traveled in quite sometime and i was really worried about a nice place to stay and a comfortable bed. She was excited to have the "hotel stay experience" and I wanted it to be nice without killing my bank account. I called ahead and asked if the pictures on the site, were the same as their particular hotel, and I was told they were. It looked a little too good to be true, so I asked if I could stop by and take a look at the room. Madeline at the front desk didn't hesitate to say yes. I showed up a bit early due to the time frame of family activities, and she didn't stress at all. She took me up to the room and it was perfect. The decor was beautiful and up to date, and the colors were modern and made the room feel bright and not dark like other places. I was happy :)

When we arrived, check in was easy. My most favorite part of the room was the separate bathroom from the tub shower. With 5 people in the room, it was a breeze getting ready and no one was jumping around waiting for the other to finish in the shower to they could use the rest room. The beds were comfortable, and the pool was open ALL NIGHT! The kids were really happy about that! The only reason I gave the Spa a lower star is because it was in the other hotel, but it really was no biggie to walk across the parking lot where it was located in the other hotel. The entire staff was so friendly the 2 days that we stayed. Breakfast was great and always hot :). My Mom loved it, and even fell in love with the Paul Mitchell hair care products that were provided with the room.

Paul Mitchell should thank you for a new customer:)
Thank you so much for a great stay and such professional happy people. The only suggestion I might add is, that the mattress in the couch pull out bed was really flattened, and the bathroom door is frosted so you can see shadows when someone is in there. But really, that would not keep me from staying there, it was beautiful. I kids slept on the pull out bed and it was fine.
Sincerely ,