“Great Gem on Center Street”
Review of Station 22

Station 22
Ranked #11 of 339 Restaurants in Provo
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: At Station 22, we dig way down deep into our American roots to bring you fresh, reinvented versions of family recipes, classic dishes and some new flavors you never imagined. We love the concept and flavors of "vernacular cuisine"- foods that are rooted in specific regions and family traditions. Who doesn't? These are the flavors of Grandma's house, potlucks, family gatherings and small, family-run restaurants. We love to eat foods that we connect with-foods that hearken back to warm times with family and friends. Times beyond us, that extend all the way back through our grandparents and beyond, from our now tiny branches down into our deepest roots.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

First of all, I love hanging out on Provo Center street. I worked down there for a bit, and I really enjoy the atmosphere during the evenings. Station 22 is probably my favorite Center Street restaurant. I first went in on a whim with a friend and we were not disappointed. The decor is super cool (like a old-timey Nashville hipster vibe). They serve a lot of good comfort food (I really like the chicken and waffles) and overall have solid service. However, the bathrooms are shared with several other businesses in the building, so it's an adventure trying to find them, so be warned

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night in Provo on our way back to Colorado and decided to give this place a try after finding it on TripAdvisor.
Very cool decor and atmosphere but didn't realize they don't serve alcohol. Not that it was a deal breaker so we just ordered a mug of their house 22 brew root beer. The root beer was amazing! I had the freedom dip sandwich (French dip) and fries. I was not that impressed with it. The meat was tough and kind of flavorless but the dip was good and the fries were good. I wish I would have tried the chicken and waffles instead. My husband had the salmon fish and chips and a side salad. He really enjoyed it and said it was really good.
Prices were what you would expect for the area. The Service was good and we were well taken care of.

1  Thank Wyldecamp
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Always a good meal at Station 22. Good burgers and sandwiches in a nice old downtown Provo spot across from new Provo City Temple.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Station 22 has great food, but seems to be over priced. The only thing here that is outstanding, is the home made root beer.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I stumbled upon this place by chance so decided to stay for lunch. The decor is very interesting, reminiscent of a wild west bar, but it doesn't hold a liquor license so what they lack in beers and spirits they more than make up with in sodas, with a great selection. I had a burger and it was excellent. Well cooked and tasty. Would definitely eat there again.

Richard G, Owner at Station 22, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thanks very much for stopping in and for taking the time to write us a review! Hope to see you again. :)