“The First Cubby's”

Ranked #18 of 336 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Food: B
All their meat is free range chicken and beef, or so I was told by my vegetarian friend who I saw there.

The guy at the register told me the Tri-tip sandwich and the DragonSlayer sandwich were the most popular. I ate half of each of those sandwiches and thought that both of them were tasty, but it's not real filling...seriously it's not.
Also, the sweet potato fries were just average.

Price: B
Over $10 per person for a sandwich and fries, I had half of both the DragonSlayer and Tri-tip sandwich, both were tasty, but not really filling.

Ambiance: B
TVs are everywhere you look, so if you want to watch a game, this would be a great spot to eat.
Eating around dinner time was super crowded. It's a first come first serve seating situation, so someone has to save your spot while you are waiting in line for about 20-25 minutes.
Once I got to the front of line, you are kinda rushed through the ordering process. I wish we had a waiter, it would make it more pleasant.
So overall it's crowded and might need to move to a more spacious location, but the TVs are a nice touch.

Parking: C
The parking lot IS a dog fight (at least around lunch and dinner time), that is if you want to park close to the entrance, but there is tons of parking in the massive Macey's/Big Lots parking lot if you want to avoid the fight and park farther away.

Conclusion: B
I feel like there's a lot of Provo hype going on with this place. I admit that it's a unique place, but there are a lot of BBQ and sandwich/burger places that taste better and fill you up for under $10 per person.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Just visited Cubby's for the first time and enjoyed it. Everything was tasty, but for all the hype, I was not blown away. I had a nice burger and fries, and there were several tempting items on the menu, but I rate this place as just better than average. Still, it's a very good option for just about any meal, I'm just not raving about it.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This started out as a small restaurant three or four years ago, and it has grown by leaps and bounds because the food is fresh and good. The burgers are good, but I'm more of a salad guy. Most fast-food restaurants have mediocre salads, but not Cubby's: several variations, very fresh ingredients, willingness to change if I ask, . . .
To to Cubby's for meat and stay for the salad.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

If you've lived in Provo for a while you know the Burger Supreme has the best hamburgers. Well, that was until Cubby's opened. Their hamburgers and soo amazing and the price are comparable to Burger Supreme. They Gypsy and Houdini burgers are hands down the best burgers I've ever had. Also, try the buffalo chicken or tri - tip steak salads. Mmmm.

1  Thank skroberts10
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've tried just about everything on the menu and it's all delicious.

My favorite lunch/dinner meal consists of sweet potato fries, the cockadoodledoo sandwich and a shake. I usually share my fries with someone because the portion is pretty large.

My breakfast recommendation is the avocado toast or a burrito.

Some of the most popular options are the Tri Tip steak sandwich or salad. Both are delicious! You can even try them California style.

Some people complain about the price, but this is high quality food. If you're looking for cheap, mediocre food, this isn't the place for you. I think Cubby's is beyond reasonably priced considering the high quality.

One of the other great things about Cubby's is that there's something for everyone. The meat lover, the vegetarian, the comfort food junkie, the health nut, and even kids. (They serve kids meals.)

All around, Cubby's is an awesome option any time of day. Five stars from me all the way!