“Good but not fantastic”
Review of Cafe 300 - CLOSED

Cafe 300
Cuisines: American
Description: A family owned business that serves American comfort food.
Description: A family owned business that serves American comfort food.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

After spending the night in Provo we stopped here for breakfast before heading out of town. I always like supporting local places above chain restaurants so this one looked good and on our route.
Cute little local spot, friendly folks and good service with reasonable prices.
Had oatmeal and toast as well as the chicken fried steak with eggs, potatoes and biscuit.
The chicken fried steak was good and eggs prepared as ordered but the potatoes seemed like the frozen kind and a bit dry. Not quite enough gravy. The biscuit was very good.
Oatmeal seemed like either the instant kind or not cooked quite enough but wasn't horrible.
Overall a good meal for the price but not fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We wanted pancakes for breakfast, and enjoyed our visit to this bright, retro diner. The place is very clean and clearly a locals' favourite. Service is swift and cheery, and the pancakes delicious and very generously sized. The coffee was excellent.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome! Great prices, huge portions, and just really great food! Country potatoes, sausage gravy, and French toast were delicious and I want to go back to try everything else on the menu. The owners were super nice as well. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank nats_niche
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Pretty funky place. Server in shorts and t-shirt. Food plentiful. Pulled pork sandwich, ranch beans, soup of the day, green salad. All well prepared. Service, friendly. Staff could use some lessons in sanitation. Fingers in glasses when clearing was just the beginning. If you can look the other way, I tried, it's worth a visit.

Date of visit: June 2017
Krys01, Manager at Cafe 300, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

I'm grateful you took time to review your dining experience with us and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your food. I did want to clarify that when busing a table or removing water or beverage cups from a table yes it is a lot more convenient to grab a 3 or 4 with one hand by using our finger tips and grabbing the inside of the cups to bring together. We also get syrup or half eaten food on our hands as we scrape dishe's but we wash our hands after every scraping, bussing, printing tickets and making change for customers. Just as we do when we arrive for our shift and return from our breaks. I sincerely apologize if the way we clear tables offended you to the point you made it a point not to look but I can guarantee you that we are all very aware of being clean and sanitary as I tend to take it to the extreme at times. Thank you again for your review and I hope this response sheds a little light on the situation as well as provides a bit of comfort.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Six of us had breakfast here. Both wonderful and plentiful. I had the veggie omelet. Fantastic and huge. Some in our group had the pancakes and others french toast. They all said the same thing -- large portions that were delicious!! We will be back when we visit Provo.

Date of visit: May 2017