“Nice Quiet Meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We went here with friends the other night and we had a great time. The restaurant was fairly empty and so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. our hostess and waiters were both pretty nice and knowledgeable about the menu and their specials. Our waiter wasn't as quick on refilling drinks as we would have liked, but he still did a decent job. I ordered their $15 dollar special and it is a lot of food for the price. I had the grilled chicken and Shrimp Spiedini and they tasted okay. Overall, it was a good night and I would be happy to come back again.

There are newer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Sometimes this location can be incredibly busy - graduations, proms, weekends, etc. But we went on a Wednesday and got seated right away. Our waiter was very attentive - kept our water full and returned with more bread when we asked. Our meals were delicious and just the right size - none of us needed a take home box. It's also fun to color on the paper tablecloths - they give you crayons to do so! I had the chicken and mushroom cannelloni and it was excellent. My husband had fettucini alfredo with chicken - also scrumptious. We didn't have room for dessert. We will return!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We enjoyed a birthday dinner here when the restaurant was relatively empty. Our waiter was outstanding--very attentive and polished. I was impressed with the very reasonable prices for the appetizers, salads, soups and dessert. If you didn't get a full entree, you could eat very in expensively here. I thought the house salad was very good, and the tomatoes in the bruschetta were delicious. As always, we loved the bread served with oil. My son had the special--chicken under a brick. He was very impressed. My pasta was maybe a little bland, the Quadratini. We also shared the homemade chocolate cake served with yummy chocolate ganache. One of the better Italian restaurants in this area, and a place that tries to be a cut above in a college town.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We were seated right away, no wait. Not our favorite Italian food. Food was a little dry, took longer that average to get to the table. They were advertising the return of their "famous nachos" appetizers. We gave them a try, a little on the bland side, but interesting. Serving sizes were good, but the prices were more that what I would have spent at the Olive Garden.

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Macaroni grill was a horrible experience. We got crossed off the list and waited for ever to get seated. When we got to the table it was dirty and there was a filthy plate in my place. We should have left then but we thought it couldn't possibly get worse. We where wrong. Our food got taken to the wrong table. There was that one guy who was singing every two seconds. When we got our food mine was cold and tasted awful. Ya never again