“Everything was good, nothing was great”
Review of Guru's

Guru's
Ranked #24 of 337 Restaurants in Provo
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 11 November 2017

My daughter and I sampled the sweet potato fries and nachos. We must have gotten the bottom of the tortilla chip bag, because it was a plate full of tiny broken chips. Had to eat it with a fork. For entrees we tried the Thai peanut rice bowl and the Marco Polo pasta. The flavor of both was excellent, and the veggies were nicely tender crisp. But, the pasta was over-cooked and there was enough peanut sauce to make my dish a soup. I appreciated the light options and catering to various food restrictions, but a few finishing touches weren't quite there.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

A little vegetarian & vegan nirvana in Provo.

This is the second time we've been here in part because they are open late, which helps when traveling and because the have an extensive vegetarian menu in addition to the many omnivorous items in which they will unhestitantly substitute tofu for the meat. The food is creative and they offer both half and full servings to fit one's appetite and budget. Everything was well prepared and tasty. They are very light handed with salt when cooking, which we appreciate because it is easier to add than subtract salt, it's healthier, and we use little salt when cooking at home, so for us this was much preferred.

They share space with Enliten Bakery, which offers seating in a quieter space, so there is a choice of ambience as well.

We shared:

Coconut Squash Soup

Butternut squash puree with coconut milk. Garnished with shredded coconut.

Cup – $2.99

Bowl – $5.99,

a couple of side Garden Salads one with raspberry vinaigrette the other with Bleu cheese dressing

$1.59,

Cilantro-Lime Pesto Pasta
Grilled chicken (we substituted tofu for the chicken) with zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, green beans, Paremesan cheese and cilantro-lime pesto.

Half – $6.99

Full – $10.99,

Spicy Curry Bowl

Zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, green beans, snow peas, edamame, bean sprouts, cashews, and tofu in a spicy coconut curry sauce over rice. Vegan item.

half $9.99 full $11.99

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This restaurant is awesome! It has a fun atmosphere and offers a lot of different types of food: soups, sandwiches, Asian and Mexican dishes, salads, etc. I also love the sweet potato fries here. They come with a chipotle fry sauce that's great and it's decently priced as well.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

It was a nice little restaurant. The food was good, service was pretty quick. They had a pretty good variety of fruit for my picky eater kids. I was looking to try a new place and I didn't see any signature dishes to make the restaurant stand out from other little cafés. Bottom line I enjoyed my food and I would go there again

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to eat here after checking out the menu and seeing that it had options for vegan. I had asked if the thai peanut rice bowl would be considered vegan if the meat was removed and the person at the counter wasn't sure (they were not sure if the sauce was or not but made no move to check). I was told I could substitute tofu for anything on the menu so I ended up getting the Thai peanut rice bowl and threw caution to the wind (look, I didn't die if it wasn't vegan so we are all good). It was quite good and I was happy that I ordered it. My friend got the Baja fish tacos with the cilantro lime ranch and she couldn't stop making yummy noises and said that she usually cannot find good fish tacos so she was thrilled.