“The best deal anywhere!”
Review of Royal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richfield
Royal Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Royal Inn is a family-operated, veteran-owned motel. The owners are exemplary people and genuinely care about their guests' peace and enjoyment. They are old school, honor your word type people, and offering a room which is the best value is their commitment. They went out of their way to provide roll a way beds, at no charge, for our comfort. Amazingly, the large 2 queen bed rooms are really huge. 2 adults and 5 kids (all under 10) in the room with gear and luggage, comfortably. Come on! The price is simply amazing. Our family has logged over 20,000 miles across the country and our stay at the Royal Inn was by far the best value, anywhere! When you think "value motel", the stereotypes aren't good, but Royal Inn destroyed the stereotype. In RIchfield, UT and really all of Sevier County, the place to stay is the Royal Inn.

Thanks for having us, Lee! It is always our pleasure to stay at the Royal Inn.

#thisplaceistherealdeal #realvalue #realpeople

Room Tip: Definitely secure a room early in the year if you need a room for special events: Rocky Mountain AT...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Royal Inn

Reviewed 24 November 2012

The Royal Inn is a very modest, no frills motel with a good location . The rooms are very large, clean and adequate . There is a microwave and small fridge too. Lee, the owner, was very kind and asked on my arrival if I needed a coffee maker and coffee bags for the room. Plenty of towels, regular housekeeping , hair dryer, there is even shampoo ! All for the incredible price of 37.50 per night. The location is very safe and nearby to lots of panoramic attractions. Would definitely return to this place.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jocelyn Z
Reviewed 11 November 2012

CLean and comfortable. Why pay more, especially this economy!! Other motels in the area were more expensive and did not
appear to offer anymore. I would recommend this motel if one is traveling through on a one night stop and not planning on using as a destination motel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank arthur c
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed here travelling from Chicago to LA. Family run, and very pleasant people to deal with. Although not a web based reservation system, no problem with the reservation or room with email communication. Although dated, it was clean and quiet (although the walls were somewhat thin, my neighbors didn't make any noise). Everything worked. Great value for the price I paid (in the $30's). Plenty of fast food options a short drive away. Close to the highway, but far enough away to not hear any highway noise.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Xnav
Reviewed 4 August 2012

After reading other reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose the Royal Inn. It's clean and comfortable, but a bit seedy and showing its age. The family that runs the motel is very friendly. The price was right for a brief, one-night stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Max G
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If you are offended by chipped paint or old artwork, then don't stay here. But if you are looking for an economical place to crash in between Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas, or Denver, then this is the place. The price was around $37 + tax. Dogs are allowed for $10 extra, cats are not allowed (although an orange neighbor cat wonders around, and I let him in my room the morning I checked out. He was friendly.

Most of the guests looked like passer-throughs. Single guys, or small families. There was a fridge in the room, hairdryer, and a microwave. There is no coffee pot, however they have coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The owners were very friendly.

In the town there is really nothing to do. The only restaurant is Wingers, okay food, great and friendly service. There is a Taco Bell/KFC combination.

If you have an extra 1.5 hours, take the 89/9 to get there rather than the 15/70. It is much more scenic and beautiful. No McDonlads or WalMarts. Just a few small towns with no stoplights. The speed limit is 65 for the most part, and I didn't see any police. But there is no reason to speed, its a beautiful. Plus you go through Zion National Park ($25 entrance fee. They take card, free for active duty military).

Room Tip: There us a suite available, with a big flat screen. I could hear the upstairs guests walking from t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank casedizzy
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The relatively good reviews for an unusually good price led my wife and I to stay at the Royal Inn. Were we disappointed. The large rooms had new carpet and a new shower unit and great water pressure. The front desk was accommodating and friendly. But, our bathroom smelled heavily of urine and, on a warm summer night, the air conditioning barely registered a temperature drop. Because of the area, we were uncomfortable opening the windows.

Quite a few of the units appeared to be rented to more permanent occupants. Weekly and monthly rentals are advertised. As you might expect, the place is older and off the major routes. Most rooms have "no smoking" signs on them, but there are ash trays / cans outside most units. While we have often had good luck finding and appreciating such places, we definitely did not this time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank donnieboy2787
utahbarqs, Owner at Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear traveler;
I read your review and I am totally confused, First of all this motel has not had any new carpet installed for many years, and we have never had any new shower units installed! If in fact the shower unit had been replaced I'm sure the bath room wouldn't have smelled like urine? I'm glad you enjoyed the water pressure, and I'm glad to hear the front desk was friendly. (it's me)

I'm sorry the air didn't work like you think it should, but I have not had any complaints before or after your visit. I also didn't understand the comment about the "Area" and feeling uncomfortable opening the window... Richfield is one of the nicest and safest places that I can ever imagine staying.

You are correct, our motel is older and off the major route, and we do rent to weekly and monthly guests. "All" our rooms are non-smoking and we do provide ash cans for smokers outside.

Bottom line is I am so sorry you were disappointed We pride ourselves in a clean comfortable motel for travelers who do not want to spend a fortune.