“Great rate with very hospitable owners.”
Review of Royal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richfield
Royal Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is old and the whole area honestly smells a bit sour - but I think it is due to the industry in the area, not just the hotel itself. The room I was given was HUGE and although it is outdated, it was clean. The carpet is very worn and lumpy & I always kept my slippers on. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, which was a nice surprise. Since the hotel is older, the walls are really thin so I was happy to have had earplugs with me as I tend to be sensitive to sound. I would have loved to have coffee available in the room but it was just a quick walk down to the front office to grab a fresh cup in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lvnative_63

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Overall - Good bang for the buck.

The Royal Inn is a simple clean motel. It is the equivalent of a Motel 6, but at a much cheaper rate. It looked like it was family owned. It is not fancy.

Positives
My room had a refrig and microwave, which is pretty helpful. They also had free wifi and it worked just fine. The sink was located outside of the shower & toilet, which is helpful if you have multiple people traveling together. There was also a table by the window. McDonalds is located just down the street.

Negatives
The walls were a little thin. I could hear "Married with Children" on the TV next door at about 1 am. The TVs are old fashioned CRT TVs, but they did have cable (ie. Sportscenter). It is not located on the one main street so it is a little more difficult to find.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank russ_la
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I traveled to Richfield June 25th., Just a quick trip to drop off material for a job. The people were so pleasant and friendly when I checked in. When my employee came over to go eat he said something about how big the room was. When I told him what I paid he about fell over. He was paying the same amount to stay in a little trailer parked at the KOA, with no TV, microwave or fridge. They even brought me my own coffee pot and coffee for my room. Thanks Lee! I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan822
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Perfect for pet owners...the dog room had hardwood type floors and you are by a huge field.
About one third of the occupants seem to be long term residents judging from the laundry hanging out and the fellows sitting outside their doors. Thin walls and the bathrooms need a little work, but for a pet owner staying one night LA to CO this was all okay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We needed a quick stop for the night as we traveled to Las Vegas and the Royal Inn was just the ticket. We got an amazingly CLEAN room for an absurd price ($35/night) with a friendly owner. There are absolutely NO FRILLS at this motel, but I guarantee it was the cleanest place I have EVER stayed! The bed was comfy, the heater worked great, and it was just a perfect overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

A great place to sleep overnight as you are traveling on I-70. It was quiet with a huge room. Two double beds and lots of floor space for sleeping bags or roll-a-way beds. We got there really late and they waited up for us. Great Ma & Pa owned place!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miki R
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Richfield is kind of a overnight rest station for people traveling on I-70. There are plenty of cheap motels to stay. We stayed an royal inn for a night around new year because of the good reviews. The location is off the main road just a little bit, but there are clear signs. The room was comfortable and spacious. There wasn't a microwave in the room if I remember correctly.

We have read one other review that complained about some smell like urine, and now there is air fresheners in the room. And we think we understood what it might be when we went to the nearby Walmart. At the location of Walmart, there was very strong smell of animals (horses or cattles), most likely because there are some ranges or something like that around the area. So we think the guy who wrote that review might have smelt some odor from animals in the local area. The room we stayed at was clean. We were satisfied with our stay.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple