“Restful sleep”

Comfort Inn Richfield
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Just because the motel is beside the freeway doesn't mean you'll hear traffic noise. We heard nothing. Rooms were clean, bedding was comfy and service was good, although the assistant manager on desk duty pored over the room list longer than we've ever seen anyone do. Maybe he was new? Or not feeling well? Regardless, he got our adjoining rooms correct. Pool was clean and not noisy either; our room windows faced the covered pool room. Breakfast the next morning was a hot mess, literally. A group of incredibly thoughtless foreigners on a tour descended upon the breakfast room, shoved themselves in front of guests waiting in line to use the cereal, waffles and other items and then threw food around in their haste. We arrived at breakfast as these people were just leaving. The other guests were apparently in shock, as were the workers. Just a disgusting display of lack of manners. But the workers quickly got to work and we helped as we could. Breakfast after that was great, with plenty of good food for all. Later I realized those same awful tour group people were staying at the hotel the night before and we hadn't heard anything. Just more proof that this motel is super quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank DellaDidDisney

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were traveling from Arizona to Yellowstone and stayed in Richfield for the night. The room was great. Staff was friendly, breakfast bar was good. The AC room was quiet and the room offered all we needed for a good night sleep in addition to refrigerator and microwave. We did not get to use the spa or the pool. Next to the hotel there is a family type restaurant, Wingers, that we found served generous and tasty portions for the price. This hotel is pet friendly. if I were to make the same trip I would stay in the same hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank new_places_guy
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The property was fine and clean. I like that it is locally owned and managed. I did not like the cheap furnishings and the thin walls. I could hear a few rooms flushing their toilets, which are loud, vacuum assisted implements. I could tell they were from different rooms since I could hear flushing from different directions. Also, there was a family across the hall. If I didn't know better, I would have thought my door was opened. Yes they were noisy, but I could also hear people just walking down the hall. But the staff was polite, if not friendly. I slept well and enjoyed the Ethernet internet. I heard the wireless is not too great, so I didn't try it. I think I would stay again during the slow season while kids are in school. I could just imagine what it would be like during a youth sports tournament.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 2 July 2013

New paint in and out, new mattresses; new bedding and furniture "on the way" will give this a notch up on the ratings when completed. Has covered pool and exercise room. However, the heat and chlorine are too much for the pool to be great except for kids after a long drive. Easy access, gas next door. Get a room on the top floor facing away from street. Breakfast is standard waffle machines, rubbery scrambled eggs, fruit, breads, etc. Free WiFi is nice. Next time through Richfield we will probably stay there again. Get a 10% discount at "Wingers" for Comfort Inn travelers.

Room Tip: top floor, rear facing, away from ice machines. check your air conditioner function for irritating r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoofly96
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon. Front desk staff was very courteous. They hooked us up with a very nice king size room. Clean, soft/comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious (and lots of it). Will definitely stay here again when we come back through the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngieJosh13
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have nothing to say but keep up the good work Scott. The Hotel is clean, comfortable, and breakfast leaves one stuffed, by choice. I thank the staff, and all included in keeping the Comfort Inn Comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be larger than other Comfort Inn rooms?
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rydell r
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We reserved rooms at this hotel thru booking.com approximately 2 and 1/2 months early for 5/25/13. About one month before the scheduled arrival date the hotel people called and asked if we wanted to cancel our rooms and we said absolutely not but we were left wondering why they even called. In the meantime we did cancel one of the four rooms. Upon arrival and check in they said our credit card did not clear which was true because of a problem with our credit card. We gave them an alternative and were left hanging at the front desk for over thirty minutes. We were told that we could not have the king room even though we had the reservation in front of us. Finally we got it all straightened out. Then the good part. After forty years of travelling and hotel stays and cruises we have not ever ever received a complaint about noise in our room. Within 1 1/2 hours the front desk received three complants all before 7:30 p.m. about our room.

Room Tip: Be prepared for many old irritable senile people who probably should not even be any further from th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family