“good”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Lakefield, Minnesota
“good”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

upon arrival at midnight the front desk manager was pleasant and helpful, the check in was speedy and got a discount as well as free samples. He gave us a room with a view. the motel is located next to beautiful mountains covered with snow. i picked up extra towel at the front desk around two in the morning, the rooms are decent but what can u expect for a motel 6. the front lobby is however quite attractive for a motel 6. they have a couch and my mother sat there during check in and check out so it was nice. they were especially considerate for my mother who could not take the stairs to give us a room on the same floor. ( be ware they do not have an elevator in the hotel). the indoor warm pool was out of order so i was little bummed. over all the rooms were clean and management was friendly.

Room Tip: ask for room with a view on the right side of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
super8BYU, Sales & Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear travelorf,

We are very happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We look forward to your return in the near future!

Ana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Nice staff, clean room, and they accept dogs! It is near restaurants. Perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed January 2012
super8BYU, Sales & Mktg. Rep at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear LosAngelesTamara,

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us, as we also enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This former Travelodge (when the outdoor sign comes on at night the old sign shows through the plastic Motel 6 logo plastered on top) is in need of serious maintenance. Many things were broken (the refrigerator in our room, a missing drawer bottom in another). The only amenity provided was a tiny bar of soap. The restaurant, rated separately by Tripadvisor is indeed excellent.

• Stayed October 2011
super8BYU, Sales & Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear gabrecht,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Management will be taking care of Motel 6 sign asap as well as for the maintenance repairs that are needed will also be taken care of. .

Ana

Travellers are raving about these Richfield hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed twice at this motel, on our way to Colorado and on our return trip. This Motel 6 is a basic, clean, and nicely refreshed motel. It was formerly a Travelodge, so the rooms are not as small as most Motel 6 brand rooms. The room had a nice view from the large picture window of a field of horses and sheep. (Some rooms look out at the parking lot and street.) Our comfortable double-bedded room included drawer space, a table, two chairs, a refrigerator, mircrowave, iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer. The bathroom was average in size with two sinks, one of which was outside the bathtub and toilet area. The bedspreads, towels, and shower curtain looked new. The pool looked clean and inviting. The reception persons were pleasant. There is no elevator. There is a restaurant on site. I would stay at this motel again and would recommend it to the "budget-minded" traveler. I gave this motel a "5" rating, because it was a very good value for a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the field of horses and sheep. Upper rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Verona, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed at the motel 6 in Richfield with a friend on the 2nd floor (main floor) on Sept 4th, 2011. It was slightly difficult to find at night because they just draped an apparently translucent "6" over the Travelodge sign. When lit up, you mainly see only the Travel Lodge and only upon close inspection can you see the iconic "6". I saw an indoor pool (medium small size) and a small gym next to the pool on the main floor. The floors in the lobby are squeaky but this did not transfer sound to the rooms on the main floor (perhaps under?). The rooms did not include shampoo but did have several bars to soap. I saw a slot for the facial tissue but did not check to see if there was actually facial tissues in the slot. There is also a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The room we had faced a fenced in pasture where several horses were grazing outside the window.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank flu
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed here 2 weeks ago and it was a Travelodge. Coffee maker in the room and free breakfast. When we checked in last night from reservations that we made 3 months ago we noticed that the Travelodge logo was a Motel6 tarp now. We thought I hope that they still have our reservations, surely they would. But no, and they would not honor the price on our reservation. We did not want to travel all over town looking for a room so we stayed. After paying we were notified that the free breakfast was replaced with free coffee. Pool was closed on both visits, that dirty diaper disease that goes around. People, dont let your kids poop in the pool!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
super8BYU, Sales & Marketing at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear billandjulie,

I apologize for the inconveniece you may have encountered due to the change of our hotel flag.Secondly, I want to apologize for not honouring your reservations made 3 months prior, we should have honoured you reservation. I have addressed the issue with my hotel staff, and will be granting reservations made with travelodge. Lastly thank you for bringing the pool issues to our attention, we have taken care of the pool issue.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This was my first time staying at Travelodge and I must say I was quite pleased with everything. I got there around 10:45 am and I really needed to check in to my room early since I would have trouble returning at the regular check-in time. The host at the front desk (who was very friendly) went and looked for a clean room for me so I could check-in. The room was small but comfortable and I paid $60 for it which is pretty average for me. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
super8BYU, Sales & Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Richfield, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Dear randomtravels096,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to learn we made your stay with us a very good and comfortable one. We are committed to providing our guest with excellent customer service!

A & B Hotel Management