“Great stay”

Hampton Inn Richfield
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 2 May 2008

Good stay. Great value and easy to find (visible from Interstate) ... very good property. I would suggest requesting an upper floor. Unless there was a basketball game above us, the noice between floors is greater than it should be.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsMissislippi
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richfield

Reviewed 31 March 2008

We love the Hampton chain, however, this Hampton is not typical of a Hampton hotel.

We requested a crib on reservation. We arrived at 4 PM, and asked if we could get the crib because our baby was exhausted and was in dire need of a nap. The clerk said she would bring one up. Before we finally received a crib at 8:15 PM, we called, we sent a child down, and finally I had to go down to the front desk. I asked the clerk for the crib. She stated when she had time she would get me one. By this time, our baby was at the end of his rope and I was furious. I folded my arms and told the clerk I would wait at her desk until she could retrieve a crib. Obviously put out, she walked up one flight of stairs, opened a door and handed me the crib.

The next morning, my boys went to swim and there were no pool towels. I asked them if they would go to the front desk and ask for a pool towel so we didn't drag their good towels down to the pool. The clerk was rude and put out by their request.

We requested two hour late check out along with an offer to pay an extra night. My husband was teaching a class at a local fire department which didn't get over until noon. The only other alternative was to take the three kids to the class and make them sit in the car for four hours. We were allowed late check out and they did not allow us to pay the extra fee for the two hours which we appreciate, but the male manager was obviously put out. I checked with the housekeeper to ensure we were not going to be keeping her late by our checkout. She stated we were no trouble. My sons and I dusted the room, took out all of the trash, and placed every piece of linen in a pile to assist the housekeeper. She was wonderful, and should be the manager of this hotel.

I filled out a questionaire online and mentioned the crib issue, the way my sons were treated, and how put out the manager was by our late check out. I received a response from the male manager on Hampton letterhead which stated, "We are sorry the free crib, free pool towels, and free late checkout were not provided to the **** family in a more suitable manner." I contacted corporate Hampton, they were horrified. My husband thought it was funny. We can get a FREE crib, FREE pool towels, and FREE late check out at a Motel 6!

Also, on a different note, my husband had to take the vehicle to the class he was teaching, so my three children and I were stranded at the hotel. There is fast food if you want to cross a very busy road on foot. There is also a Winger's right next door. We LOVE Wingers. So, I called Winger's and ordered take out, I advised the Wingers employee my two twelve year old sons would pick up the food with my debit card, which they know the pin number to. She said that was no problem.

My sons went over there and advised the door girl they were there for pick up. She had them sit at the "bar". They sat there for at least twenty minutes. Not one employee made eye contact or spoke to them. They called me and told me what had happened. I called Wingers to see if I could find out the status of our order. No one answered the phone so after two tried I called the boys back and told them to come back to the room. I ended up ordering pizza at about 10 PM so my kids could eat. I called the Winger's manager to find out what the problem was. He stated my boys were flirting with girls. He said it as if they were killing cats in the lobby, and that is why they refused to help them! I told this guy they were only twelve years old....

We love Richfield, it is a lovely town, but I would NOT recommend the Hampton or Wingers. You would find better service at a "No Tell Motel" and a corner hot dog stand.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank KOUtah
Reviewed 17 November 2007

We stayed here only one night but it was very clean, wonderful bed and delicious breakfast and nice people! It is close to Walmart, Home Depot, and fast food eateries. The view of the surrounding mountains was fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This is an excellent hotel with great rooms. These Hampton Inn's are by far the best of the 'budget' lodges. Excellent swimming pool and fitness facilities. Well placed for town and freeway. Strongly recommended and if this is typical of Hampton Inns then I will be staying at them more in future. The beds are made up like a five star hotel with cushions galore! Reception/Breakfast area very clean and pleasant and staff were great.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank WJTaylor
Reviewed 18 August 2007

Traveling from Colorado to California with two small children (ages 7 & 5) can be overwhelming. However, our stay here was very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There was an adequate amount of choices for breakfast from their breakfast bar...My husband just wished that they served his favorite coffee.;-) My kids enjoyed splashing around in their pool. Staff manning the front desk were friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was easy. The only complaint my husband had was that the water was too soft. We would definitely stay here again; it was a great midway point between CO and CA.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Corrina8
Reviewed 15 August 2007

Over the past couple years, the Hampton Inn has become my favorite chain hotel to stay at when traveling for business and pleasure. The Richfield, Utah Hampton is clean, newer, friendly, and well run. It has the usual Hampton comfortable beds, perfect pillows, big fluffy towels, a very good breakfast buffet with hot food choices, fruit salad, yogurt, and the usual bagels, toast, cereal, etc. A couple of shared computers off the lobby with a printer was very welcome for this vacation traveller who didn't bring the laptop along.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank chumfamine59
Reviewed 10 May 2007

There hasn't been a review of this hotel for a long time but I would reassure everyone that it still lives up to its good reputation. It was clean, warm, comfortable and welcoming. Perfect for a stopover on the way from las Vegas to denver las week.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple