“relaxing!!!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Henderson, Colorado
“relaxing!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We have been planning a stop in Richfield for a few years as we travel through it on our way to Las Vegas. This year, we finally did it! We booked the room and made it our halfway point to home. We love Hampton Inns, and this one is no exception. It is very clean, nicely landscaped and the parking includes pull throughs for trucks or RVs. The interior is well kept up, very well lit, with a great lobby-lounging area. It has a large fireplace with a couch and several comfortable side chairs. The business center was very busy, as one of the computers was not working. Once we had our turn, we were happy with the internet speed...fast and efficient. We used the pool and spa. The spa has great jets to massage your back and legs...the pool was a great temperature, and they had a patio with open doors to the outside, we sat our and enjoyed the breeze and night sky for awhile. Our room was very comfortable, but also a bit small. it consisted of a dresser with a large TV on top of it, a very large work area, the king Hampton Dreams bed, two night stands, and squeezed in the corner was a very small chair like you would find at a dining room table...and not very comfortable. I enjoy a chair to relax and read in and this room does not offer that. That was the major negative...so that tells you that the room was actually very nice. The closet door was very hokey too. it is a piece of metal with a mylar mirror glued to it and hinges open and closed and affixed shut using a small magnet...kind of cheesy...oh well! the bathroom was really roomy with a sink with a shelf above it, a large, oversized shower with good water pressure. We did eat breakfast, and it was basic, but fresh and tasty. It consisted of bread for toast, muffins, biscuits, jams, butter, peanut butter, and they also had cheese omelets...the coffee was freshly brewed and flavorful. There was also a choice between apple or orange juice. Yogurt and some fresh fruit were also available. All in all, a great stay in Richfield! Very relaxing and quiet!!! We will definitely consider staying here again!

• Liked — Great spa
  • Disliked — No comfortable reading chair in room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Telkbear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oregon
Reviewed 12 June 2008

This is a typical Hampton Inn with easy access off I-70. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The menu at nearby Wingers Restaurant is quite appealing. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank ejbOregon
Mississippi
Reviewed 2 May 2008

Good stay. Great value and easy to find (visible from Interstate) ... very good property. I would suggest requesting an upper floor. Unless there was a basketball game above us, the noice between floors is greater than it should be.

• Liked — Convenience and value
  • Disliked — Noice from floor above us
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MsMissislippi
Utah
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We love the Hampton chain, however, this Hampton is not typical of a Hampton hotel.

We requested a crib on reservation. We arrived at 4 PM, and asked if we could get the crib because our baby was exhausted and was in dire need of a nap. The clerk said she would bring one up. Before we finally received a crib at 8:15 PM, we called, we sent a child down, and finally I had to go down to the front desk. I asked the clerk for the crib. She stated when she had time she would get me one. By this time, our baby was at the end of his rope and I was furious. I folded my arms and told the clerk I would wait at her desk until she could retrieve a crib. Obviously put out, she walked up one flight of stairs, opened a door and handed me the crib.

The next morning, my boys went to swim and there were no pool towels. I asked them if they would go to the front desk and ask for a pool towel so we didn't drag their good towels down to the pool. The clerk was rude and put out by their request.

We requested two hour late check out along with an offer to pay an extra night. My husband was teaching a class at a local fire department which didn't get over until noon. The only other alternative was to take the three kids to the class and make them sit in the car for four hours. We were allowed late check out and they did not allow us to pay the extra fee for the two hours which we appreciate, but the male manager was obviously put out. I checked with the housekeeper to ensure we were not going to be keeping her late by our checkout. She stated we were no trouble. My sons and I dusted the room, took out all of the trash, and placed every piece of linen in a pile to assist the housekeeper. She was wonderful, and should be the manager of this hotel.

I filled out a questionaire online and mentioned the crib issue, the way my sons were treated, and how put out the manager was by our late check out. I received a response from the male manager on Hampton letterhead which stated, "We are sorry the free crib, free pool towels, and free late checkout were not provided to the **** family in a more suitable manner." I contacted corporate Hampton, they were horrified. My husband thought it was funny. We can get a FREE crib, FREE pool towels, and FREE late check out at a Motel 6!

Also, on a different note, my husband had to take the vehicle to the class he was teaching, so my three children and I were stranded at the hotel. There is fast food if you want to cross a very busy road on foot. There is also a Winger's right next door. We LOVE Wingers. So, I called Winger's and ordered take out, I advised the Wingers employee my two twelve year old sons would pick up the food with my debit card, which they know the pin number to. She said that was no problem.

My sons went over there and advised the door girl they were there for pick up. She had them sit at the "bar". They sat there for at least twenty minutes. Not one employee made eye contact or spoke to them. They called me and told me what had happened. I called Wingers to see if I could find out the status of our order. No one answered the phone so after two tried I called the boys back and told them to come back to the room. I ended up ordering pizza at about 10 PM so my kids could eat. I called the Winger's manager to find out what the problem was. He stated my boys were flirting with girls. He said it as if they were killing cats in the lobby, and that is why they refused to help them! I told this guy they were only twelve years old....

We love Richfield, it is a lovely town, but I would NOT recommend the Hampton or Wingers. You would find better service at a "No Tell Motel" and a corner hot dog stand.

• Liked — The housekeeper and the
  • Disliked — The front desk staff and the male manager.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank KOUtah
Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2007

We stayed here only one night but it was very clean, wonderful bed and delicious breakfast and nice people! It is close to Walmart, Home Depot, and fast food eateries. The view of the surrounding mountains was fabulous!

• Liked — Clean, good bed, great breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This is an excellent hotel with great rooms. These Hampton Inn's are by far the best of the 'budget' lodges. Excellent swimming pool and fitness facilities. Well placed for town and freeway. Strongly recommended and if this is typical of Hampton Inns then I will be staying at them more in future. The beds are made up like a five star hotel with cushions galore! Reception/Breakfast area very clean and pleasant and staff were great.

• Stayed August 2007
2 Thank WJTaylor
Windsor, CO
Reviewed 18 August 2007

Traveling from Colorado to California with two small children (ages 7 & 5) can be overwhelming. However, our stay here was very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There was an adequate amount of choices for breakfast from their breakfast bar...My husband just wished that they served his favorite coffee.;-) My kids enjoyed splashing around in their pool. Staff manning the front desk were friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was easy. The only complaint my husband had was that the water was too soft. We would definitely stay here again; it was a great midway point between CO and CA.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family