“Clean but not really me...”
Review of Appletree Inn

Appletree Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The rooms were "clean" - clean to the point there was "that smell" of disinfectant or bug spray, or something. It creeped me out to be honest.

Otherwise all amenities were clean. Stayed as part of a tour group package.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Our room was much less then all the competing hotels so I was a little skeptical, but we needed a place to sleep enroute from KS to NV. This motel is on the main drag in the little town away from the interstate a little, I imagine at one time a booming place before the I-70 was built, as it was a large complex. We got room 206, it was clean, quiet and a decent size. Free internet and parking is all you get. I saw a small coin laundry room available and pool, we used neither. The owner was very friendly and our room was ready when we got there. If I was doing a home inspection I would note the ceiling over the shower has damage, no doubt from the bathroom above, but I was not buying the place just renting. The Tv had plenty of channels to watch, the room was very quite and the ac was a newer one shutting off when the desired temp was reached.. There seemed to be plenty of shops close by and the gas station out by the I-70 had cheap gas to top your tank on the way out..

Room Tip: Our room was in the 2 story building facing inside away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

After receiving my key and walking towards the room I noticed the roof over the walkway falling apart from what looked like water damage. Walked into the stale smelling room with a portable cooler of some type in it and no fridge or micro. The bathroom had mold all over the place, ceiling, tub, and walls. The back of the door had a used towel hanging on the back of it. You had to hold down the handle of the toilet for it to flush completely. I immediately asked to see another room because I wasn't about to stay in that one. We switched to a room a touch cleaning, meaning there wasn't mold growing on the walls. The shower was actually good and hard in this room but the window above it was disgustingly dirty. I didn't dare use the coffee pot they provided and the hair dryer didn't work. It was the worst sleep I've ever had because I was afraid of the sheets that barely covered the mattress would move and I'd touch it. The linens were old and wrinkled and the pillows nearly flat. My friends had a carton of melted ice cream in their fridge. All the ice machines were out of order. My friend asked for ice and no one ever brought any. The pool was drained and closed but the paint was peeling and the pool looked in disrepair. Overall, this place looks like it needs to be bulldozed.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank lemndrop8301
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Two rooms - the main room had one big bed and the inside room had a smaller bed. Each room came with a desk. No fridge. Free wifi. Bathroom did not have hand grip or bath mat. Bathroom was spacious though. No breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rosemary t
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Did not have what web page promised. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and staff was friendly. The pool was empty and closed. No breakfast as advertised. No microvave or fridge as advertised. Office was hot and not very clean. Tried to put us in rooms that were more expensive than what we had booked online. The staff did correct that.

Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 26 July 2008

I'm trying to stay away from chains and we were just driving through Richfield. This looked like they have done some, not much, renovations, so we stopped. Very simple, very clean and very cheap! It's a motel right out of the 50's but they have new carpet, beds etc and it was simple and clean. $39 a night was quite the bargain. Be sure to eat at Small Wonders Cafe down the street.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 11 July 2007

This is an old, somewhat tired motel. The rooms are fairly large and seemed to be clean. The staff was helpful.

The pool was cold and gross; it looked as though no-one had used it (and certainly not cleaned it) in years. We left before breakfast was served, so cannot comment on that.

The best part was that the price was reasonable. However, there are many motels in town and others would be worth looking at before you select one.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple