“Employees Don't Care”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed here before, and really enjoyed it. This time, however, not so much. We went to St. George for a quiet weekend, and the first night was fine, but the second was a nightmare. I think there was probably no one in the room above us, since it was fairly quiet. The second night, however, was completely different. We went back to the room early, to watch TV and sleep, planning to get up early the next day to leave. About 6 pm, the occupants of the room above ours began running back and forth in their room. It sounded liked there was a stampede going on up there, with running and jumping. After about 20 minutes of this, my husband called the front desk and requested they ask the guests to quiet down. Twenty minutes later, the noise was still going on, so my husband went downstairs to ask the clerk directly to stop the noise. She was on the computer (apparently either playing a video game or checking facebook, from what he could see), and he asked her again if she could ask them to stop. She said, "oh, yeah, just like five minutes before you called they asked about the pool." He told her, "Well, that was almost thirty minutes ago" (and what does that have to do with them stopping the noise?) WHICH WAS NEVER STOPPED AND WENT ON UNTIL AFTER ONE AM IN THE MORNING. So the next morning it started again about six am and he went downstairs to mention it about 8 am and the clerk who was on duty at that time, when he told her about the noise, just shrugged her shoulders as if to say, "well, what can I do?" Note to employee: You work at the hotel. YOU CAN TELL THEM TO STOP THE NOISE AND LET THE OTHER GUESTS SLEEP. Needless to say, we left the hotel more tired than when we arrived, and that never should have happened. The employees (at least those on duty Thanksgiving weekend) obviously don't care about the guests at all and were just there for the paycheck.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a ground floor so as not to disturb other guests (if you allow your ki...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

I apologize that you left the hotel tired. That is definately not our intent. I recieved a call from you on this matter and looked into what happened very seriously. I checked with my deskclerks who were on duty and reviewed security cameras to see what took place. From what I observed the clerk did everything possible to help quiet the noise. Unfortunately, when we are full sometimes the noise sounds like it is coming above you, but it may be in the hallway or another room. I hope this does not tarnish your view of our hotel or prevent you from staying with us again. I just had to say in my employees defense I witnessed them taking care of the situation as best they could under the circumstances.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

I've been traveling to St George because of work for a very long time and since I discovered La Quinta, I have not stayed anywhere else. All the employees I have come in contact with are great, and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I don't plan to stay anywhere else as long as they continue doing business as they've been doing in the past.

Room Tip: Suites are great!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Thank you for finding us and being loyal. As long as I am manager you will find things the same way every time you return. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We really liked the hotel and staff. The rooms were great, especially for the price. The only problem we had was getting to the hotel. As mentioned in a previous review, you have to go thru 2 round-a-bouts to get there. What the review didn't mention was that the entrance to the hotel is BEHIND the gas station. We ended up on the freeway instead and had to go to exit 6 to get back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside, and you won't hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel...once you found it! Sorry about the round abouts. I promise I did not construct them. Regardless, I am so pleased you had a pleasant experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We loved the location...right off Exit 4 on Interstate 15. We had flown into Vegas and drove from there late at night; this was so easy to find after a long day of travel. The front desk clerk was friendly and cheerful. She was very quick to deliver and set up the crib for our infant. She also brought two baby blankets "just in case." Thoughtful!

The room was large enough for the crib to be placed anywhere without us having to maneuver around it. The layout of the room was great. The only minor complaint I would even mention was that the refrigerator needed to be turned on (to save electricity, they have an on/off switch), and it didn't cool down in time to preserve our leftover bottle. No biggie, though. The complimentary breakfast was tasty, but I only ate the Belgian waffle and yogurt, so I can't comment on the other offerings. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased you enjoyed your room. I am also pleased to hear about your positive experience with my staff. I am so glad they made you feel welcome. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Excellent Hotel with great service and ammenities.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We drove across the country and stayed one night in the La Quinte in St George Utah. It was a very nice hotel. To get to the hotel you have to drive through two round-abouts. I personally do not like these European style roads. The room was very clear and we had a great rest. Our room overlooked the attractive garden area. Suggest you request a room away from the highway. The pool area is fine but on the side of the hotel next to I15 so it is a little loud. Breakfast the next morning was also good. There is no restaurant for dinner at this hotel so eat before you arrive if it is late.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TripTime12345

I appreciate you staying with us, even if you had to experience the round-a-bouts. I hope to see you again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

On my way to Colorado we stopped at La Quinta in St George. This hotel is fantastic. Hats off to them for providing a military discount with no hassle at all. This hotel is new... built in 2008.
THE ROOM: The rooms are extremely spacious, clean, and updated. It has a large LCD television with plenty of channels. the bathroom is medium size with a large vanity. La Quinta's are pet friendly which is fantastic. No extra charge, no hassle. Even though they have a lot of pets that stay there, the hotel doesn't smell like a dog. They do a great job keeping it clean. I thought the room was very quiet and the black out curtains actually work. It's right off the hwy but you don't hear any hwy traffic. The beds are comfortable, with nice bedding. The a/c works fantastic.
OUTSIDE: It's just outside of the main part of the city so it's very quiet. Also nice, there are sidewalks all around. Great for walking the dogs. There is also a bike/walking trail right next to the hotel. It's a gorgeous area. Red rocks all around. The pool is beautiful with nice lounge chairs. There is a nice water fountain located on the grounds with a couple of tables and chairs set up in case you just want to relax outside and not be by the pool.
INSIDE: We enjoyed the free continental breakfast. It was stocked the entire time and was a typical continental breakfast: coffee, waffles, bagels, fruit. There is a small gym inside as well. I did not use it but saw plenty of people using it. It has a couple of cardio machines and a multi weight machine.

Room Tip: Choose the king size bed. The room is huge and has a couch as well.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for your kind comments. We are here to serve you any way we can during your stay. I am pleased we had everything you needed and we definately try to help our service men and women any way we can. Thank you.