“Best La Quinta. Great for families.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Best La Quinta. Great for families.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

This is nicest La Quinta we have stayed at. The lobby is pretty with a fountain. The employees were very personable and would greet us when we would return after doing things during the day. We stayed in the family suite. It was very large with a king, queen and fold-out couch. It also had a kitchen area with a fridge and microwave. Best room bonus: a large corner garden tub, the kids loved it (so did I). It was also warm enough to swim in their outdoor pool, it had a heated cupboard to keep the pool towels nice and warm. We were impressed and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed January 2014
LaQuintaStGeorge, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your comments and thank you for being our guests. I'm happy to hear you were impressed with the service of our staff. We pride ourselves on our ability to make guests always feel welcome and at home. I'm glad the room was well appreciated by your family. It is a very popular rooms for many families traveling through our area. I'm excited you were here during fair weather and able to take advantage of our pool and hot tub. I am so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you here again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Colorado
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this La Quinta for over four years now. We consider it one of the top hotels in this brand. We stay about four times a year. My husband who is a business traveler who travels over half the year, has many reward programs at a high level. We stayed here recently and used his points to pay for our night. We have done this several times at this location. This last stay, we received a bill under our door for $11.39 for what was called a FNC State Tax. If a room is billed at $0, there should be no tax. This is the first time with all of reward programs that we were charged for a free $0 night. We called the front desk, and they said this was something new due to the fact the State of Utah was requiring it. We called other La Quinta's in Utah and none of them charged this tax to Rewards nights earned. The manager reversed the charge this time, but out of courtesy due to our complaint. We notified the Rewards program, and they seemed not to know about it either and were investigating. We were just really disappointed in this at this very nice location. I very much hope this policy will be changed at some point. We hope to stay here again and use our points. I will update my review in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nance12
LaQuintaStGeorge, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. We wish to express that our main priority is to meet our guests satisfaction to the highest quality. We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations and we hope this experience doesn't deter you from returning to stay with us again. We would like to explain that the tax is a new change to our property. In the past year we were audited and told we must charge a state tax. If other La Quinta's in Utah are not charging this we can only assume they haven't been audited yet. We do not enjoy this new development but it is a requirement for us by the State. Our staff has been informed of the necessity to communicate this new tax policy to our guests using points towards a free night stay using Returns Points. We look forward to any future stays you might consider.
Riverside, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

overall the stay was nice for the price the rooms were nice and clean but service could be better. My room was kinda loud at night and outside was nice with a good pool. Enjoyed the stay here but not the best.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. I apreciate your sharing of your experience while visiting with us and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I would like to address your experience with my staff. Would you be willing to reach me so i can get additional information regarding your stay? I hope you will return soon and allow us the opportunity to better serve you, We hope to see you again soon,
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Overall experience very positive. We try to stay at this hotel when we are in St. George.
Staff was very accommodating.
Breakfast was very good.
Staff addressed our concerns in a professional manner.
Location had freeway access and was close to restaurants and other shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad your stay was a positive experience and that the incident you experienced and addressed with my staff was taken care of. We want you to rest assured that you will be taken care of from arrival to departure to ensure your satisfaction is met and exceeded. We hope to welcome you back again soon, thank you for being our guests!
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at several La Quinta's during our travels. The Good: Very nice rooms, comfortable bed, nice surroundings, quiet (considering it's near the highway), nice walk/bike path down to the river, breakfast was good. The Bad: Only that horrible round-about to get here (coming from the North). We really enjoyed staying here & will most likely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms at the back only because I would rather see the mountains on that side rather tha...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thnak you for your feedback and especially for being our guests! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with the exception of the city's traffic circle to reach our hotel. I understand howfrustrating they can be if unfamiliar with our particular exit off of the traffic circle (E. Brigham Rd.). I am glad to heear you are considering staying with us again the next tine you are in town, it'd be great to welcome you back! we hope to see you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Service and cleanliness of hotel and accomodations were excellent. First of all, I couldn't believe we found a hotel that catered to dogs too. Finally, a clean, friendly hotel that allows our little schnauzer to travel with us on our winter getaways. It's difficult to find those hotels and hard to leave behind our furry little guy when we take those short winter breaks. Nice to know we have a lovely place to stay when we go south. Now our little guy goes to doggie day care to play while we hit the links for golf. Thank you La Quinta!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hi and thank you for being our guests. I appreciate your feedback, I am glad we were able to make your stay so enjoyable and accommodating for you and your family pet. We hope to welcome you back soon!