“Fairfield Inn for thanksgiving”

Fairfield Inn St. George
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Wendover, Utah
“Fairfield Inn for thanksgiving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We came to Saint George for a family holiday and stayed here. Despite the on going renovations and soccer tournament groups staying here the hotel was very clean and quiet. The room was excellent and we were able to enjoy the down time when we were not with the family group. We did not use the pool but it looked like several people were quite happy using it The breakfast was good and the approximation to the convention center is within walking distance. I would easily recommend this property for anyone

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
North Salt Lake, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights while my husband had a convention across the street. The front desk was extremely friendly when we arrived and we definitely felt welcomed. Our first night was rough because of loud guests (you can pretty much hear anything that goes on in the hallway). The other nights were good. Our room was really big. We had a king size bed and a pull-out couch. The couch was one of the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. The bed was pretty comfortable and it was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator. The vanity area for the bathroom was pretty tight though.The cleaning staff was excellent and quick. The pool was pretty warm and the hot tub was actually hot. Breakfast was good. There were waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruit, bagels, english muffins, pastries, muffins and hard boiled eggs. They pretty much had everything covered. They were pretty quick at replenishing things even when it was busy. I wish there was more seating though. We had to sit in the lobby one day. I enjoyed our stay and will probably stay here again if we come to this same convention.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My daughters and I spent 2 nights here in late December 2013. I was advised over the phone that some renovations were under way in the hotel but that they were not affecting guests. Wrong. Workers were laying carpet in the hallway where our room was and the smell of carpet glue permeated the entire area, including our room. Also, it was a bit difficult to navigate our hallway due to carpet rolls, trash cans, tools and other items in the way. There was also a ton of debris on the carpets due to all the work going on, and I thought they should have vacuumed the carpets daily (they were very dirty). Thankfully, by the 2nd night, the smell of carpet glue had dissipated. The room was nice, but small. The very small exercise room had 3 machines but one was out of order. The restaurant was small but the food was good. The pool and hot tub were nice. The staff was very friendly and courteous, but overall, I don't feel the room was worth $80/night, and my children insisted that we never come back to this hotel. Once the renovations are done, I'm sure this will be a pretty decent place, but I don't feel it is worthy of being associated with the Marriott chain. If you are in St. George and can afford it, I would suggest staying at the Courtyard by Marriott instead.

Room Tip: When making reservations, make sure your room is far from any renovation work that may be under way.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location was great and had no problems checking in. The front desk employee was very accommodating of our request for room location. We stayed on the east side to avoid freeway noise. They are still under construction and I don't see them being finished before the end of January 2014. Our room still needed work and updates. Breakfast was the usual, but the employee in charge of breakfast was not so friendly. Be careful for her attitude if you ask her for something that is out of stock...she might bite your head off. This happened all three mornings we ate, with different people. I learned my lesson the first day. When the improvements are completed, it will look awesome. We would stay again.

Room Tip: East side is quiet, away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed here one night while en route from California to Colorado. It was dark when we arrived in the evening and dark when we left early the next morning, so we didn't really see St. George or spend much time in the hotel. What was important to us was the convenient location right off of the interstate and the reasonable price. The hotel is undergoing renovations, and the lounge area across from the check-in area was completely torn up. This wasn't important to us as we weren't going to spend any time there anyway. We were told that guest rooms are being renovated, too. We stayed in one of the renovated king rooms. It was clean and comfortable, although I would have to say the room seemed rather average, although it did have nice amenities like a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The wifi was easy to use and didn't require a password. The wall mounted heating/AC unit was noisy. I'm not a fan of this kind of heating unit for that reason. I went back and forth between rating this hotel a 3 or a 4, but decided to rate it a 4 based on the reasonable price. I would have given it a 3.5 if that had been possible. I would stay at this hotel again for a quick overnight stay like ours. It was a good value for a quick night's sleep. However, if I was staying in the area longer, I would probably look for something else a bit more upgraded, although I expect that would be more expensive.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed 4 nights here while visiting National Parks and such, it is ideally located for this. Really nice people work here, the rooms are very good and comfortable, get top floor. I was in room 335. Breakfast buffet included, it was decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here on our way between Vegas and Great Basin National Park. It's your regular Fairfield and that is a nice thing. The people were very nice and the pool was great. The people even let us use the pool much later than posted as long as we were quiet. It was a great way to end the day. The breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple