“Great place Great Staff”

Fairfield Inn St. George
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were there over the weekend, staff was great professional, and helped anyway they could.
Cleaning staff were professional and made you feel at home.
Breakfast was wonderful good selection.
Cracker Barral within walking distance, and two other restaurants next door, just off the I-15

Room Tip: East side rooms are better, your close to three good restaurants close by walking distance
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just what you expect from fairfield inns with new fresh look but the furnature is very uncomfortable.Location is good staffg is friendly and breakfast is very good. Interned works good, beds are comfortable and its clean. No disapointments but not a high end or 4 star property but a great fairfield in. would repeat but gets very pricy on the weekends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn for a conference to be close to the conference center as we've done for a number of years now. They've recently updated the decor and it is like brand new! Very nicely done. Beds are comfortable, housekeeping is consistent, rooms are clean, supplies replenished, staff is friendly, the breakfast has improved over the years as well, with more protein offerings. This location is pet friendly as well. All great things.

My choice to give 4 stars is because the internet was so slow or non-existent many times. I looked up other reviews and found others who have complained about this as well. We called and complained and it seemed like they tried to "fix" things, but it never was fixed. If you need to get work done and you are in a room where the internet is as bad as our was, forget it. You will need to work in the lobby where the signal is good.

We've never had this problem at this hotel before so I suspect that there are pockets of bad internet areas. Thank goodness they don't charge for it!!

This literally might make us re-think where we stay should I continue to see Tripadvisor posts that the internet problem is not fixed by our conference there next year.

Just make sure to ask for a room where they absolutely know that the internet signal is not a problem. I wish I could tell you where those rooms might be!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the first floor directly to the right or left of the lobby. People get really...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Splanky
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We came to Saint George for a family holiday and stayed here. Despite the on going renovations and soccer tournament groups staying here the hotel was very clean and quiet. The room was excellent and we were able to enjoy the down time when we were not with the family group. We did not use the pool but it looked like several people were quite happy using it The breakfast was good and the approximation to the convention center is within walking distance. I would easily recommend this property for anyone

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights while my husband had a convention across the street. The front desk was extremely friendly when we arrived and we definitely felt welcomed. Our first night was rough because of loud guests (you can pretty much hear anything that goes on in the hallway). The other nights were good. Our room was really big. We had a king size bed and a pull-out couch. The couch was one of the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. The bed was pretty comfortable and it was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator. The vanity area for the bathroom was pretty tight though.The cleaning staff was excellent and quick. The pool was pretty warm and the hot tub was actually hot. Breakfast was good. There were waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruit, bagels, english muffins, pastries, muffins and hard boiled eggs. They pretty much had everything covered. They were pretty quick at replenishing things even when it was busy. I wish there was more seating though. We had to sit in the lobby one day. I enjoyed our stay and will probably stay here again if we come to this same convention.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My daughters and I spent 2 nights here in late December 2013. I was advised over the phone that some renovations were under way in the hotel but that they were not affecting guests. Wrong. Workers were laying carpet in the hallway where our room was and the smell of carpet glue permeated the entire area, including our room. Also, it was a bit difficult to navigate our hallway due to carpet rolls, trash cans, tools and other items in the way. There was also a ton of debris on the carpets due to all the work going on, and I thought they should have vacuumed the carpets daily (they were very dirty). Thankfully, by the 2nd night, the smell of carpet glue had dissipated. The room was nice, but small. The very small exercise room had 3 machines but one was out of order. The restaurant was small but the food was good. The pool and hot tub were nice. The staff was very friendly and courteous, but overall, I don't feel the room was worth $80/night, and my children insisted that we never come back to this hotel. Once the renovations are done, I'm sure this will be a pretty decent place, but I don't feel it is worthy of being associated with the Marriott chain. If you are in St. George and can afford it, I would suggest staying at the Courtyard by Marriott instead.

Room Tip: When making reservations, make sure your room is far from any renovation work that may be under way.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location was great and had no problems checking in. The front desk employee was very accommodating of our request for room location. We stayed on the east side to avoid freeway noise. They are still under construction and I don't see them being finished before the end of January 2014. Our room still needed work and updates. Breakfast was the usual, but the employee in charge of breakfast was not so friendly. Be careful for her attitude if you ask her for something that is out of stock...she might bite your head off. This happened all three mornings we ate, with different people. I learned my lesson the first day. When the improvements are completed, it will look awesome. We would stay again.

Room Tip: East side is quiet, away from elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family