“Decent for the price...”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Utah
“Decent for the price...”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I was satisfied with the rooms for the price we paid.
They were reasonably clean, and a good size. We had asked for a rollaway (extra charge), and it was brought up right away. We were at the back of the motel, and could not get internet, but we could pick it up from the motel next door, so no harm done. Each room had it's own balcony, but the balcony was quite dirty.
Great pool area, easy access from most rooms.
Pretty good location...be warned, you cannot turn left from the parking lot.
Did not use the breakfast, but it looked like there was plenty of cereal, milk, juice, and pastries.
Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tok
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Generally I find the Choice Hotel chain a good bargain for stays-- clean, good internet connections and at least some sort of breakfast. This one was almost none of the above. The bed was old, stained and the box spring was even ripped and stained. The internet didn't work in our room-- I had to sit in the lobby just like years ago. Parking for the handicapped room was behind the property so it was some distance for my husband to move. The front desk wasn't very helpful with the internet issue-- talk to the manager in the morning-- and in the morning the manager said come to the lobby. It did have a breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Given the price I paid in relation to other hotels in St. George this was a good value. In the future my wife may pay another $20 a night to get a different hotel, but I would stay again. The rooms were clean but old. The heater was loud. The pool was nice enough for the kids to have fun in it. The bathroom was clean but again the hotel is old and showing it's age. The beds are FIRM so be prepared for that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ctoddy
So. Cal, USA
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I was just looking for a place to lay over for business for a couple of nights, nothing fancy. The EconoLodge exceded my price and quality expectations. I had a clean, quiet room, microwave, fridge & TV, clean bathroom with newer fixtures and tile, and working air. I also had free wifi, which was a real plus.
I asked other guests at breakfast what they thought and all said they were satisfied with their rooms, especially for the price.
I will not hesitate to stay here on future trips to St. George.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Zion National Park, Utah
Reviewed 2 July 2008

I stayed in the St. George Econolodge this monday night and was extremely unhappy with the experience. We had booked one of there cheaper king bed suites, and when we showed up they said nothing, but gave us a completely differnt type of room. When I called the front desk to find out why, they moved us to another room, both rooms were horrible. So I went back to reception to check out. Then suddenly the room we had booked became available.

Next morning I wend down to have breakfast at 9:30. Breakfest was posted from 7-10. The women at the counter told me is breakfast is over. I am a late sleeper, and set my alarm so that I would be able to have breakfast. I was very dispointed with Econolodge. I am a local to the area, and this was my third and last stay at econolodge.

• Liked — hot water
  • Disliked — Owner
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 14 March 2008

After a spur-of-the-moment decision to see Zion National Park the last week of February 2008, I chose the EconoLodge because it was rated "17" out of "63" hotels in St. George on TripAdvisor that week. What a disappointment. "Econo-dump" is more like it. There are A LOT of hotels in St. George, and I cannot imagine why this was way up there in popularity unless other hotels/motels in the area are simply untried.

The first thing that hit me was the fact that when I arrived--as well as when I left--there was NO ONE at the front desk. Then, once I DID check in, I found the smell of the room appalling. Ah, the dank, pungent aroma of carpet funk--years and years of visitors' shoes covered in red soil ground into the floors FOR EONS. Yes, the place seemed that old, not to mention that it was not particularly clean. Thank god I had brought my air freshener. I was even considering putting earplugs up my nose . . .

There was something crusted on the outside of the dresser drawers, and the insides contained bits of earth of the hiking variety. The blanket was stained. Was there hot water? Of course not. And the bed was like sleeping on a pile of squashed cantaloupes. I stayed there one night, spent the next day at the park and returned to St. George, exhausted, and decided to try a Best Western up the road. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Not only were the front desk personnel present and accounted for, but extremely gracious and understanding. Perhaps because I was a single woman traveling alone, or just because she was simply kind--or because prices at most places were going to nearly double the first week in March--the young lady at the desk gave me a discount because she said I "look[ed] really tired."

Travelers beware: don't be taken in by a low price and a "free continental breakfast." Be prepared to spend just a litle more. It can make all the difference in the world.

London, England
Reviewed 13 September 2007

Stayed here a couple of times on our recent vacation and found it comfortable. First room needed updating but second room was a lot better. Pool was excellent and quite. Breakfast wasn't much but what do you expect for the price.

Stayed August 2007