“amazing place”

Seven Wives Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
“amazing place”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I found this B&B at the last moment and they happened to have a room available for us. The Sarah suite was such a treat. Check it out. The breakfast was delicious too. And the location can't be beat...walking distance to so many places we wanted to go in downtown St. George. If you get a chance, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Sarah suite is the largest, has a second sleeping area and a jetted tub in a Model T Ford in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

WE have been going to Seven Wives Inn for almost 23 years. Vanessa & Brent (the owner/innkeepers) are always there to make sure our stay is a pleasant one. Vanessa serves gourmet style breakfasts, but she also accommodates my special dietary needs. We have recommended this B&B to our friends and it has become a favorite of theirs. It is an historical property, done in period motif. However the modern comforts are there. It is comfortable, quiet, very clean and the staff is friendly.
walking distance to shops and restaurants. This is the best place to relax and get away!

Room Tip: The Cottage is wheelchair accessible. This is also a great room for a honeymoon! Large shower and je...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
restondrums
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This review might be a bit longer than necessary but we were so shocked by what happened I deemed it necessary to outline the details as clearly as I can. To put it mildly, I was shaken and after we left I could not believe what had just happened. Let me explain. We made a reservation through Expedia for 3 nights at a room which I thought would be very charming, the Sarah Suite - which had a tub that was crafted out of a model T car and a fireplace. We were planning on driving to St. George from Las Vegas, a 2 hour trip and since that room was not available for our first day of arrival, April 20th, we decided to take a lesser room, the Caroline, for our late arrival and move over to the Sarah Suite the next day.

When we arrived it was about 7pm and we were asked to put in our breakfast order which they serve strictly between 8am and 9am in the morning. We chose our selections and made the time of 8:30am. Then, we went to our room, relaxed, didn't unpack since we were transferring the next day, and set our wake up time of 7:30am. We arose, prepared ourselves and went to the main building for breakfast precisely at 8:30am. Then the shock hit. You see, there's a time difference between St. George,Utah and Las Vegas, Nevada, of an hour. Thus when we came to breakfast it was 9:30am, local time. We were told that breakfast was over and realizing "our" mistake, we asked if we could have some cold cereal and coffee. The lady attending us, Vanessa we assume since she later said she was the owner when I asked for the manager, told us that it was not possible to make coffee. That was kind of funny since there was a sign directly on the wall that said if you wanted coffee to go there is a $2.00 charge. But she decided that since we missed our stated time of 8:30, we were out out luck. We left and went back to our room where we decided that staying at a B&B that was so inflexible, we would not enjoy our stay for three more nights and so we dragged our bags down to our car and I went in to let her know that we would not be staying.

She was prepared for this as even before I stated that we were leaving she said that she had already cancelled our reservation but before I could leave she started to explain why she did not accommodate our earlier request for coffee, etc. I told her that a small business of which I own one as well, sometimes have to be accommodating if only for goodwill, etc. I did not want to explain in detail why this is important and went to leave and when a man, again I will assume that this is Brent as he identified himself as her husband, came charging out of the kitchen. He's probably in his late 30's, physically in good shape and I'm 72. I weigh 132 pounds since I am recovering from cancer surgery. Not exactly what you would call in my best of physical shape. I bring this up so you can envision the difference in the two of us for what came next.

He addressed me by saying loudly that if he had been there this morning when we asked for coffee he would have "thrown me out." Actually the words he used were most colorful and employed language that in this environment would never be acceptable. Believe me, I am not making that up. He went further (he was obviously angry) and by his words and deeds made me feel I was in harm's way. I told him that I didn't appreciate the use of foul language and turned to leave as quickly as possible. He then told me that they would never let me stay at their B&B. That, I must admit, seemed like an even dumber thing to say as that would be the last thing I would ever want to do.

As I left the building, on the front lawn, he followed me out but seeing another person (a guest?) coming up the walkway, he toned down his rhetoric, saying that they did the best to accommodate me. When I got in the car I told my wife what happened and she was completely flabbergasted at what had just occurred.

It was a first though. We've traveled the world, Africa, Egypt, all of Europe, wonderful ranch stays, and of course love the accommodations of B&B's as they, usually, offer the best local experience in small towns. In all of our travels though I have never had an innkeeper, hotel manager, ever tell me he was going to throw me out. I admit, in looking back, it's a memory, and it ended happily as we ended up at the Inn at Entrada, though more expensive was worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank restondrums
sevenwives, Owner at Seven Wives Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
This review is factitious and intended to be slanderous in nature. We are currently working with Tripadvisor to have it removed again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff was great and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Breakfast was delicious, especially the oatmeal. Rooms were quaint and clean. There is some noticeable noise when other inn guests are coming in and out of their rooms. Aside from that it was a great place!

• Stayed April 2014
Orange, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This bed and breakfast was a very nice and charming place to visit in downtown St. George. The room was very clean and comfortable, wished we could of spent more time there. The breakfast was delicious and the service was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Seven Wives Inn is one of the few locally owned bed and breakfasts in the heart of Saint George. It is located close to Ancestor Square, which provides great restaurants within a short walk. This area of Saint George is the older portion of town and has a great pioneer village feel to it. The inn reflects it pioneer heritage and is authentically decorated. Each of the rooms are themed and have a personalized feel. Don't expect 60" flatscreens and sterile decorations, these would be quite out of place here. The breakfast here is home cooked each morning, and never disappoints, the parlor where breakfast is served is the icing on the cake each morning. The innkeepers are excellent hosts who are both friendly and knowledgeable in St. George.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Innkeepers, Brent and Vanessa, treated us like family. Breakfast was outstanding...better than at 5 star hotels. They were extremely accommodating to our needs. Vanessa has set up our golf tee time reservations without a glitch. Rooms are extremely clean. I highly recommend the Seven Wives Inn if you want a relaxing and warm environment. Going back again in 2015!!
Jim B