“Generally nice but reservation staff needs help” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham St. George

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Central California
“Generally nice but reservation staff needs help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Generally a nice hotel but what a bother. I had to call three time to make a reservation - First time no one answered, second time I was disconnected during the transfer from front desk to reservations, and third time I got through. Then there was no record of our discount code and when I suggested the amount, the clerk responded that was the usual rate.

(So our discount code wasn't much of a discount, eh?)

Turns out I wasn't the only one - Four other members of our group had similar frustrations and ended up going elsewhere.

In the end, the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable, but backroom disorganization is going to cost them business.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

We opted to try the new Wingate hotel. I had never stayed at one before. We stayed in a one room suite. It was clean & very roomy. It had a large kitchen area with a small fridge & small microwave & lots of cabinets...with nothing in them! There were no dishes, no dish soap, no nothing! I called down & asked if they forgot to put the dishes in our room & they said there weren't any. I asked if visitors were suppose to pack in dishes & they said "ya..I guess so". I had to go out & buy a microwave dish, utensils etc! I am really glad I paid extra for the suite with a kitchen! The other issue was bedding. My young daughter was to be using the sofa bed.. I could find no extra bedding/pillows for the bed. I called down & asked for a comforter to be brought up. An hour later..after calling several times.. A lady shows up with a ratty cotton blanket. I told her I asked for a comforter.. She told me they don't give out comforters for the sofa bed.. Why not.. Again I paid extra for a suite which advertises the sofa as a bed! She was then short with me & said "Didn't I bring you extra blankets last night!"...this was our first night at the hotel. I had to go get our travel blankets out of the car so my daughter could go to bed ..2 hours past her bedtime...thanks Wingate! I would have switched hotels if I could have.

Room Tip: Stay one night if traveling thru, but the suite is not worth the money until they add better bedding...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

This was my second stay at the Wingate in the past year. Last time I had a major problem with noise from an adjacent room--but not this time. This is a clean, contemporary hotel with every modern convenience and a fine, free breakfast. It also backs up to a courtyard which features several restaurants-- a Tiki bistro, a terrific Mexican food place, a pizza place and a self-serve frozen yogurt place. It also has nice outdoor dining and a fine pool and jacuzzi. Overall, I believe this is a great value and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The west-facing rooms on the upper floors are best because of the view and because they're away...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Upon returning to California from a road trip to the wonderful national parks in Utah, my wife and I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in St. George, Utah. It was wonderful. We have a lovely room with all the appointments necessary to make it more than comfortable. The hotel had a lovely pool and even a washing machine and dryer for those who would need it. The hotel is appeared new and very well kept. The breakfast was more than adequate. The staff at the desk were well trained and very professional. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Room Tip: Two restaurants - a Mexican Restaurant and an Hawaiian Restaurant were in a very short walking dista...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We've been making the rounds in St. George and really enjoyed our stay at the Wingate. It's a very clean, contemporary hotel in Bloomington - just outside St. George. The manager at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating! He was so nice!! I'm so sorry I can't remember his name - Mike? He is PERFECT for his job. We upgraded to a suite, and loved the extra space. Very comfortable bed, nice linens.. my only complaint would be the scratchy towels. they should probably be replaced soon. The hotel was very quiet - which is a huge bonus. No slamming doors, no hearing conversations in the room next door. Very good hot breakfast buffet that is included in the price. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, great waffles - fruit, yogurt, etc. Very nice pool area. We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on an upper level.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. Mike, our front office manager, really is perfect for his job. We are luck to have him! We hope to see you again next time you are in St. George.

Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We have stayed at the Wingate twice in the past year, and find it to be one of the cleanest and most up-to-date hotels in the St. George area.

The front desk clerks and staff were very courteous and professional, welcoming you to this gem. The rooms are very clean, with quick access to I-15 at the Bloomington exit. There aren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance but if you want a clean comfortable room, this is the place.

The hot breakfast in the morning is very convenient, complete with "to-go" cups for another cup of joe for the road. The pool and the fitness area are also nice to let the kids work out their restless energy.

I have just booked myself for another weekend there, coming up in 2 weeks.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelGuruz
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We are so glad that you enjoy your time here and we are excited to have you back!

Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Zion Nat'l Park. The location is convenient, right off the freeway and close to shops and restaurants. Our room was huge! Nice furnishings, great breakfast buffet. Nice pool, kind of in a courtyard-like area which shaded against the hot sun. I didn't use the workout room, but it looked very well equipped. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kittykai
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for stopping on your way through! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will see you again.