“Great Value; Fresh Hotel; Above Average Breakfast”

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in St. George
New York
“Great Value; Fresh Hotel; Above Average Breakfast”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was one of my first times staying at a Wingate by Wyndham hotel, and was a little skeptical about staying at one because of the reputation that the family hotels of the Wyndham Hotel chain has. But boy, was this a surprise. The pool, although small, was very nice in the back with it's seating area and surrounding palm trees. The hotel parking lot was a little hard to find from the main road, but we eventually found it. The hotel is located right across from a Walmart Super center, but that didn't bother us. The rooms were very fresh, as this hotel is some-what new. The price was great and I would return if given the opportunity to travel to this area!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We always stay at this hotel when passing through St. George. It's our favorite because it's new, nice decor, clean, comfortable, easy freeway access, and has a free breakfast.

Woodinville, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The was a nice, fairly new hotel that is located a couple miles south of St. George - which served me and my family very nicely. It's located in a newly developed area close to a Walmart and a great BBQ place. We were on our way to Zion NP and found the location very convenient - less than 1 minute off the interstate but still quiet.

The pool was very nice and fairly quiet - my kids loved it. There were hummingbirds and orioles flying around the pool all day.

Everything was new, clean, and nicely appointed inside.

Parking was free and close to the stairwells (I never use elevators, so I liked this). The front desk staff was happy and helpful. The breakfast was good for a hotel - included eggs, sausage, bacon and very good oatmeal.

There is a bike path which you can walk to that runs along the Virgin River and continues all the way to Snow Canyon, which was perfect for my kids.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is only a few years old, yet it is showing the wear and tear of regular use. The rooms were a good size, which was a plus. However, the dirty walls and chips in the paint show a lack of attention from the housekeeping management who should be informing the GM that there is cleaning and mending to be done in some of the rooms. The faucet in the bathroom was not attached and needs to be repaired. (Room 307) Perhaps the room I was in was a rare case, although judging by the dirty hallway carpets, I am certain there is work to be done throughout the building. The breakfast was good, along with the service at the desk. And the price was fair, considering the location away from St. George downtown area. I would recommend this for business travelers along I-15, but not for destination travelers visiting the area. It is too detached from the restaurants and activities of St. George.

HAYDEN
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed one night on way to CA. Rooms and hotel very clean. Used pool 2 times and was clean and well maintained and was a good temp. Breakfast was above average. Price was good for stay. Is a bit away from main area of city. Staff was very helpful and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Central California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Generally a nice hotel but what a bother. I had to call three time to make a reservation - First time no one answered, second time I was disconnected during the transfer from front desk to reservations, and third time I got through. Then there was no record of our discount code and when I suggested the amount, the clerk responded that was the usual rate.

(So our discount code wasn't much of a discount, eh?)

Turns out I wasn't the only one - Four other members of our group had similar frustrations and ended up going elsewhere.

In the end, the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable, but backroom disorganization is going to cost them business.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We opted to try the new Wingate hotel. I had never stayed at one before. We stayed in a one room suite. It was clean & very roomy. It had a large kitchen area with a small fridge & small microwave & lots of cabinets...with nothing in them! There were no dishes, no dish soap, no nothing! I called down & asked if they forgot to put the dishes in our room & they said there weren't any. I asked if visitors were suppose to pack in dishes & they said "ya..I guess so". I had to go out & buy a microwave dish, utensils etc! I am really glad I paid extra for the suite with a kitchen! The other issue was bedding. My young daughter was to be using the sofa bed.. I could find no extra bedding/pillows for the bed. I called down & asked for a comforter to be brought up. An hour later..after calling several times.. A lady shows up with a ratty cotton blanket. I told her I asked for a comforter.. She told me they don't give out comforters for the sofa bed.. Why not.. Again I paid extra for a suite which advertises the sofa as a bed! She was then short with me & said "Didn't I bring you extra blankets last night!"...this was our first night at the hotel. I had to go get our travel blankets out of the car so my daughter could go to bed ..2 hours past her bedtime...thanks Wingate! I would have switched hotels if I could have.

Room Tip: Stay one night if traveling thru, but the suite is not worth the money until they add better bedding...