“Nightmare on Brigham Road”

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nightmare on Brigham Road”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I can not believe how I was treated by the Manager of this hotel (Steve S.). Due to a misunderstanding about a roll away bed, I was threatened to have the police called and have my family kicked out of our room, belittled in front of other guests, and generally harrassed our intire trip. When another individual with our group tried to reason with this same manager on another issue (doing crafts with 8-9 year old girls in the lobby), he did have the police called on him and had him expelled from the property. By the way, this was not a Fraternity or biker group... we were a group of families there for a girls soccer tournament..

Avoid this property!!

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank VegasRazorback
OasisRegional, Regional Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
It is never our goal for anyone to feel harrassed or belittled, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We will use your input as we work continuously to improve our guest experience and provide courteous and friendly service to our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stay away from this hotel if you have kids or it is a busy weekend. Steve the manager is rude, nasty, and has no business being the manager at any hotel. He will lie to cover his personal issues. When we checked in he made us wait while he finished a personal conversation on his cell phone. Multiple times when I walked by the desk he was on Facebook. He will smile to your face and then stab you in the back. Oh and if you come to him with an issue he will just call the police because he cannot handle any problems.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SoccerJimmy
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that your stay was anything other than 100% enjoyable. We receive many compliments on TripAdvisor about the exemplary courtesy and friendliness of our staff, and we regret to hear that your experience was to the contrary. We will certainly address the concerns you have expressed and will continue striving toward our mission of offering the best value and service in St. George.
London
Reviewed 3 February 2011

This hotel is a good value for a very large clean room and a good breakfast. If you don't mind beds that are quite firm, maybe that won't be a problem for you (I almost always choose Marriott for their softer beds, but this hotel was a better price.) The big problem we had was the awful heating/cooling unit in the room. The temperature regulator didn't work at all, so even set at 67 degrees we roasted. I finally had to turn it completely off because it was so loud going on and off all the time (and not doing anything anyway). Unfortunately, even when it was off it kept cycling through every 8 or 10 minutes for a few seconds so loudly that I couldn't sleep a wink. The hotel was very apologetic and even reduced my rate for the inconvenience, but unless our unit was an anomaly, I don't think I could stand it again. Check on this if you aren't a deep sleeper.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
StGeorgeWingate, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
I must apologize about the PTAC unit in your room. Our maintenance person will be correcting this issue on the unit so that we do not have any more sleepless guests. I know that the units do regulate themselves when the temperatures do drop outside but not loud enough to keep some one awake all hours of the night. I assure you that this is not the norm for the PTAC units inside of the hotel.
Rosamond CA
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is the second time we stayed at the Wingate. Nice hotel, good location by the freeway and near most things in St. George. Typical Wingate, which is always a step above the Days Inn type hotel chain. At this hotel, I was annoyed when the front desk asked if we wanted full maid service the next day, Thanksgiving Day. The rate had jumped from $89 to $119 on Thanksgiving day so clearly the hotel was making enough extra to pay their help. We requested full service. Thanksgiving morning housekeeping knocked on our door at 8am. We were not ready to leave yet. When we did leave about an hour later, we saw the maid and made sure to make her aware that we were leaving. When we returned late that night the room had not been touched. We requested a new room rather than try to get new towels and we were given the room next door. Other customers in the lobby that night were requesting towels and service, so we were not alone. The other issue in both rooms was the heating/ac unit. The outside temp was in the 20's but the room was too hot. The window only opens 1/2 inch so we were forced to run the ac for awhile. We turned the whole system off when we went to bed but every 15 minutes or so the unit turned on and ran the fan for about 3 minutes. Maybe it was to keep it from freezing but it was annoying. The complementary breakfast is good, with enough selection to make everyone happy. The front desk and breakfast room help are extremely polite and helpful. It's a nice hotel with nice people but for the money we should not have had problems.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fnrtraveler
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
I must apologize on behalf of the staff here at the Wingate by Wyndham with not getting back to your room on the day that you had notified the housekeepier. On Thanksgiving, we try to help the staff get home to spend time with their families. We are always more than willing to provide full service. If you could let me know the room that you were in I would like to get our maintenance in there to look at the heater and see if something is wrong. We do hope to see you again and hope you have a Happy Holiday season.
boston, ma
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel during my trip to utah for the st.george marathon. After a night in a "flea bag motel" 1 block from the marathon start line, my friend and I bolted from that establishment as soon as the marathon was over! We called and checked into the Wyndham and it literally felt like paradise. I do not have one complaint about this hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms were immaculate and the free continental breakfast was actually good. The best was that there were guest washers and dryers so we could do our laundry before heading home! The most recent hotel I was in prior to this was the Ritz Carlton in Miami and I have to say that my stay at the Wyndam was actually similar to that of the Miami Ritz (at a significantly lower price!). Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to St.George!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank CathyBoston
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Thank you for the comparison to a Ritz Carlton in Miami. We do strive to have great service for a great price. We do hope to see you again for the 2011 St. George Marathon and hope that you have a great Thanksgiving!
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We "dropped in" enroute from the Las Vegas airport to Zion National Park, and it was such a lucky find! My seven hiking friends and I were just looking for a place to rest for the night, and this hotel seemed convenient. It was far more than that! The facility is new, clean, and decorated beautifully. We were able to enjoy a few games, snacks, and drinks that we brought with us in a nice lounge off the hotel lobby. The rooms were very quiet and the"free" breakfast included scrambled eggs, waffles, and fresh fruit in additional to the normal fare. I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnKS
I am glad to see that luck was in your favor with finding our property enroute to Zion National Park. I hope that the Park treated you well to the fact that you will be visiting us next year. We do have a great breakfast and I myself do enjoy our lobby area and lounge. Thanks again for staying at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel and we hope you have a great week.
st gGeorge, Utah, USA
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I've just begun my stay here and already I feel like I'm at home. Beside the fact that it's clean, comfortable and well decorated, it has little touches that most places miss. I get disoriented during the night but this room has a night light to help me find the bathroom. There is a little tray to put the soap in so that it doesn't slide all over the counter and making a mess like at many other hotels.

For refreshment, there is decaf tea, along with high octane and decaf coffee. I can have a nice cup of tea and curl up in my jammies to relax and watch HDTV. In the morning, there are to go cups for my coffee. There is a safe in the room so I can leave my valuables locked up while out during the day.

I stayed at another hotel in town last night (this one was full). It wasn't terrible but it pales in comparison to this one and the price was the same.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Wingate. It looks like you enjoyed everything from A-Z at the property. We hope to see you again next year and be sure to have a great week. Thanks for staying at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel in St. George.